Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I know I am in the minority, but rather than Reinhart-Pulock, I am thinking Reinhart-Hamonic and CdH-Pulock in a couple of years.

Reinhart-Hamonic could be a beast of a shut-down pair, with the size and mobility to go up against any line in the league. CdH is more than capable of handling the responsibility of playing with someone like Pulock.

I think if you go with Pulock and Reinhart, you are limiting yourself. If Pulock is matched up against the Crosby/Ovechkin types, he won't be able to attack as often.

I don't think it would be an issue to change up pairings for certain matchups. I love the synergy between Hamonic and CdH, it should get better. Reinhart-Pulock looked pretty good together in TC, their skillsets match up pretty well too.

I don't think it really matters who is paired with who, they all bring something different to the table yet could complement eachother quite well. I think you'd see your pairings in the special teams. Hamonic-Reinhart would be one hell of a PK duo, don't you think? CdH-Pulock could be one hell of a PP duo too.

Still too early to define who the pairs are/will be, but having 4 high quality defenders who all have high hockey IQ makes it easy to mix and match and lose nothing. Hamonic probably trails the other 3 (4 if you count Pokka) in hockey IQ, but he brings a different element to the group. Things are looking good though.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
I know I am in the minority, but rather than Reinhart-Pulock, I am thinking Reinhart-Hamonic and CdH-Pulock in a couple of years.

Reinhart-Hamonic could be a beast of a shut-down pair, with the size and mobility to go up against any line in the league. CdH is more than capable of handling the responsibility of playing with someone like Pulock.

I think if you go with Pulock and Reinhart, you are limiting yourself. If Pulock is matched up against the Crosby/Ovechkin types, he won't be able to attack as often.

I agree and for that reason if our prospects develop well, I believe a d core something like:

Reinhart - Hamonic (lock down pair)
de Haan - Pokka (puck moving two way d pair)
Pelech - Pulock (stay at home d with offensive d & PP threat)

Players like Hickey could very easily stay and develop and form a nice duo with Pulock etc but as a rough idea that's how I imagine the d looking with 3 top notch pairs seeing good minutes.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
April 3,Second Round, Game One
Rimouski 4, Blainville-Boisbriand 2-Leduc, even. Rimouski leads series 1-0.
Edmonton 5,Brandon 0-Reinhart, 2 assists, + 1, Pulock, even. Edmonton leads series 1-0.

Last edited:

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Rimouski 1, Blainville-Boisbriand 0, end of one.
Edmonton 2, Brandon 0, first period, Reinhart, 1 assist.

Edmonton broadcast, TSN 1260
Brandon broadcast, CKLQ

listening on tsn 1260...pretty irritating that the play by play guy pronounces the last names of ryan pulock and brett pollock exactly the same. it's confusing haha! :laugh:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I had the TSN HNIC broadcast last night on CI and Mike Johnson had quite a few glowing remarks about CdH. He's starting to get some recognition. If he played for a team that had any decent media exposure, more people would know about it. It's ok though, I don't really care what other people have to say... those of us who watch him every game know how good he is. It's crazy that he's establishing himself as the probable alpha dog of the defense. Hammer brings different things to the table and will probably be the leader of the defense, but CdH will be the main standout IMO.

The sky is the limit for him. Kenny Jonsson with higher offensive upside. I don't hate that thought. :)

Hopefully minus the concussions though (and the injuries in general!!!) I hope the injury bug is long gone for him....

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
listening on tsn 1260...pretty irritating that the play by play guy pronounces the last names of ryan pulock and brett pollock exactly the same. it's confusing haha! :laugh:

Same on the Brandon broadcast, announcers are pronouncing the way the players want it.
Could be worse, listening to some of Rimouski's game it's in French.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Rimouski 4, Blainville-Boisbriand 2-Leduc, even. Rimouski leads series 1-0.
Edmonton 5,Brandon 0, third period, Reinhart, 2 assists.

Edmonton broadcast, TSN 1260
Brandon broadcast, CKLQ

Edmonton winning big, really not unexpected. They are a high seed vs a 7 I believe.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Watched the game online.

Pokka again was really really good. I keep saying it but we have to get him over to North America next season.

Most of here got our first real look at Pokka during the World Junior since more games were televised on NHL Network than ever before. They hockey sense, calmness under pressure and his passing stood out, every one hit the tape.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
April 4 SM-Liiga Semi Finals
Karpat 3, SaiPa 1-Pokka, 2 assists. Karpat leads series 2-0.
Game 3 Saturday.

Tonight's Games
Blainville-Broisbriand vs Rimouski.
Sault Ste. Marie vs Erie.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
April 4
Erie 4, Sault Ste. Marie 0-Pelech, + 1. Erie leads series 2-0.
Rimouski 3, Blainville-Boisbriand 0-Leduc, + 1. Rimouski leads series 2-0.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
April 4
Erie 4, Sault Ste. Marie 0-Pelech, + 1. Erie leads series 2-0.
Rimouski 3, Blainville-Boisbriand 0-Leduc, + 1. Rimouski leads series 2-0.

Not that I expect it but it would be great to see a Pelech-Leduc matchup in the Memorial cup. lol

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
What happened to Andrei Pedan this year? Looks like he bounced around between the ECHL and AHL, but only played 30ish games total. Was he injured or something?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
April 5
WHL, second round, game two
Edmonton 3, Brandon 0-Reinhart, + 1. Edmonton leads series 2-0.
Note-Edmonton outshot Brandon 57-29.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad