Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
April 2
SM-Liiga, Semi-Final
Karpat 6, SaiPa 2-Pokka, 2 goals, 2 assists. Karpat leads series, 1-0, next game Friday.

Tonight, OHL, second round, game one
Sault Ste. Marie vs Erie.

Thursday, game one
Blainville-Broisbriand at Rimouski
Brandon at Edmonton, 9 PM
To listen,
Edmonton Broadcast, TSN 1260
Brandon Broadcast, CKLQ

Last edited:

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
Check out the highlights that JJTT included (post 801) Pokka made some brilliant offensive plays,he did get beat on SaiPa's first goal, overall you can see the hockey sense he has.

That first goal where he got beat was real ugly. He didn't take the body and didn't look like he was skating as the guy was going around him, he just made some poor reaching attempt with his stick. Haven't seen much of him so I'm hoping that's not the type of effort he usually puts in on his defensive game, he just gave up on the play.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Can Graham even go back to jr?

I would not be surprised to see Pokka come over for camp then back to Finland. Hes developing well over there...no need to rush him. They have Reinhart, Pullock, Pelech, mayfield, Donovan all pushing. Going to be tough to find everyone opportunities

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Oops. I thought he was 20 going into this year.

No he could play in the AHL next year if the Islanders(or any other team for that matter) sign him. I have a feeling he won't be signed by us go back into the draft and probably end up an overager next season. He basically is a victim of numbers

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Don't know if this was mentioned and I don't have time to read through the last few pages but is Colberg's season done? A lot of the Montreal posters were saying that the kid needs to get over to the AHL ASAP to help his evolution. I was just wondering if he was available to go to BP or if they just have to wait until next year....

scott99

May 13, 2005
Don't know if this was mentioned and I don't have time to read through the last few pages but is Colberg's season done? A lot of the Montreal posters were saying that the kid needs to get over to the AHL ASAP to help his evolution. I was just wondering if he was available to go to BP or if they just have to wait until next year....

Colberg is done for the year, shoulder injury, may need surgery.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Nice article in the EDM Journal about Reinhart and Pulock. Seems like the Isles see what we do, that they would make an excellent pair together for a long time.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...+captains+will+soon+become/9693134/story.html

Great read...Hard not to get excited about these 2....

I just hope they dont kill each other....Hopefully years from now they will be laughing and look back at the series with great memories....

I really think they will both be huge part of our future defensive core...

Its great to hear the Isles feel that they will make a great pairing....

and the size is great....The big cat 6'4 and The Tank 6'1 218...

I really think if all goes well Pulock can become to the Isles what Doughty is to the Kings..

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Great read...Hard not to get excited about these 2....

I just hope they dont kill each other....Hopefully years from now they will be laughing and look back at the series with great memories....

I really think they will both be huge part of our future defensive core...

Its great to hear the Isles feel that they will make a great pairing....

and the size is great....The big cat 6'4 and The Tank 6'1 218...

I really think if all goes well Pulock can become to the Isles what Doughty is to the Kings..

:amazed:

what doughty is to the kings is a guy who is always in the conversation for the best defenceman in the league...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
:amazed:

what doughty is to the kings is a guy who is always in the conversation for the best defenceman in the league...

I know that...

Pulock was considered a top5 top10 pick for a long time...I think his wrist injury hurt his draft position. He was playing hurt...A lot of people believe he was an absolute steal at 15...

He also didnt start playing defense until he after he was drafted by Brandon. His offensive game overshadows his defensive game but his defensive game is not weak in the least...

He has the same build as Doughty(both 6'1 and around 215lbs) and plays a similar style. They also put up comparable numbers in Junior..

Now Doughty would be if Pulock reached his very best and thats not always easy but I think the kid can become close to if not that good...

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I know that...

Pulock was considered a top5 top10 pick for a long time...I think his wrist injury hurt his draft position. He was playing hurt...A lot of people believe he was an absolute steal at 15...

He also didnt start playing defense until he after he was drafted by Brandon. His offensive game overshadows his defensive game but his defensive game is not weak in the least...

He has the same build as Doughty(both 6'1 and around 215lbs) and plays a similar style. They also put up comparable numbers in Junior..

Now Doughty would be if Pulock reached his very best and thats not always easy but I think the kid can become close to if not that good...

Pulock developing into Doughty is more pipe dream than reality. Doughty was the cream of the crop in his draft year and has done nothing to dispel that. Doughty is a beast.

Pulock could have top pairing potential though and he's got that shot. I liken that howitzer to Captain America's Shield and Thor's Hammer in the Marvel Universe, it's a premium weapon. All I want is for him to develop into a good top-4 guy, I'd be ecstatic if he tops out as a good #2/#3 and that's all we really need. He'll likely be a fixture on the PP and will have his role on the team.

We have no Doughty, but we could make up for it with a very solid top-4 that will likely consist of CdH, Hamonic, Reinhart, and Pulock. Pokka will likely be his biggest competition for a coveted role on the Isles.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Nice article in the EDM Journal about Reinhart and Pulock. Seems like the Isles see what we do, that they would make an excellent pair together for a long time.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...+captains+will+soon+become/9693134/story.html

Enjoyed reading it, going to print out a copy.

We may our Big Cat-Tank pairing, not right away but not all that far either.

Wonder if that is Eric Cairns who is in Edmonton. Will listen to the broadcast, they always have between period guests.

This is for you PW, while watching last night, also had Sens radio on. They have jumped on the CDH wagon, saying the sky is the limit.

Hope you guys checked out highlights from Pokka's game yesterday, you can find it in post 801.

:hbday::bday::party:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Enjoyed reading it, going to print out a copy.

We may our Big Cat-Tank pairing, not right away but not all that far either.

Wonder if that is Eric Cairns who is in Edmonton. Will listen to the broadcast, they always have between period guests.

This is for you PW, while watching last night, also had Sens radio on. They have jumped on the CDH wagon, saying the sky is the limit.

Hope you guys checked out highlights from Pokka's game yesterday, you can find it in post 801.

:hbday::bday::party:

I had the TSN HNIC broadcast last night on CI and Mike Johnson had quite a few glowing remarks about CdH. He's starting to get some recognition. If he played for a team that had any decent media exposure, more people would know about it. It's ok though, I don't really care what other people have to say... those of us who watch him every game know how good he is. It's crazy that he's establishing himself as the probable alpha dog of the defense. Hammer brings different things to the table and will probably be the leader of the defense, but CdH will be the main standout IMO.

The sky is the limit for him. Kenny Jonsson with higher offensive upside. I don't hate that thought. :)

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site

I know I am in the minority, but rather than Reinhart-Pulock, I am thinking Reinhart-Hamonic and CdH-Pulock in a couple of years.

Reinhart-Hamonic could be a beast of a shut-down pair, with the size and mobility to go up against any line in the league. CdH is more than capable of handling the responsibility of playing with someone like Pulock.

I think if you go with Pulock and Reinhart, you are limiting yourself. If Pulock is matched up against the Crosby/Ovechkin types, he won't be able to attack as often.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I know I am in the minority, but rather than Reinhart-Pulock, I am thinking Reinhart-Hamonic and CdH-Pulock in a couple of years.

Reinhart-Hamonic could be a beast of a shut-down pair, with the size and mobility to go up against any line in the league. CdH is more than capable of handling the responsibility of playing with someone like Pulock.

I think if you go with Pulock and Reinhart, you are limiting yourself. If Pulock is matched up against the Crosby/Ovechkin types, he won't be able to attack as often.

You better hope for a coaching change then. These rocket scientists don't even know how to match lines when they're the home team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad