Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Brandon Edmonton series will begin Thursday night.

Should be a good one. Will it end before our reg season? Would be nice to get one of our stud Defenders some pro game.

It's crazy how Pulock and Griff will probably go head to head in a heated playoff series captain vs captain and then possibly be teammates and D partners as early as next year.

I wonder if Eric Cairins will be there for the series?

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Should be a good one. Will it end before our reg season? Would be nice to get one of our stud Defenders some pro game.

It's crazy how Pulock and Griff will probably go head to head in a heated playoff series captain vs captain and then possibly be teammates and D partners as early as next year.

I wonder if Eric Cairins will be there for the series?

You would think a fairly major representative from the NHL club would be, but then again?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pretty cool to see Burroughs headed to BPort. Is it just a PTO? Or do they intend to sign him To an ELC?

With Griff Pulock and Pelech all having ELCs the only one to worry about is Pokka.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Pretty cool to see Burroughs headed to BPort. Is it just a PTO? Or do they intend to sign him To an ELC?

With Griff Pulock and Pelech all having ELCs the only one to worry about is Pokka.

That's the question, do they sign Burroughs. It would be a little strange for a drafted prospect to just sign an ATO.

Not worried in the least about Pokka.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Happy for Burroughs. Even if it's just an ATO now, I'm sure he'll get a contract by the summer.

With Notre Dame being knocked out last night, I'm very interested to see what happens with Steven Summerhays. Would love the Islanders to give him a call.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
That's the question, do they sign Burroughs. It would be a little strange for a drafted prospect to just sign an ATO.

Not worried in the least about Pokka.

Would expect that Burroughs gets an ELC. He had an impressive season.
Not a big guy but has a lot of grit and plus skills.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Would expect that Burroughs gets an ELC. He had an impressive season.
Not a big guy but has a lot of grit and plus skills.

I remember the Isles getting a lot of praise by selecting Burroughs where they did. A lot of sources claiming that he was a steal.

From the little I know of him, he does fit the mold of what the Isles like. He's a leader (I think he wears the C for Regina) so character is a check mark, high hockey IQ (check), and skill. He's not blessed with size though, but his high marks in IQ and character probably make up for that. As a late rounder, he's a project with promise.

Looks like the Burroughs is the one the Isles prefer which means trouble for Graham.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
March 30
NCAA West Regional Final
Minnesota 4, St Cloud State 0-Cammarata, 1 assist, + 2.
Minnesota advances to the Frozen Four.

Last edited:

Amorican

Nov 20, 2004

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Well the Soundtigers could definitely use the extra bodies since half the team is playing for the big club. Can be nice little tryouts for both guys

Exactly. I wouldn't read to much into these announcements since they could be PTOs only. That would make sense since, as you said, the Isles need bodies and it allows them to get a look at these borderline kids before making a decision on an ELC.

scott99

May 13, 2005
smart move. he's still in his first year on NA ice... it's smart to continue the development.

his first year here was not huge by a numbers perspective, but it's to be expected from a kid who has played in Europe his whole life. Should see vast improvements each year IF the talent is there.

Lots of kids come over and dominate, he didn't He is what he is, a 5th round pick. I don't see anything there as far as a future with the Isles.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Exactly. I wouldn't read to much into these announcements since they could be PTOs only. That would make sense since, as you said, the Isles need bodies and it allows them to get a look at these borderline kids before making a decision on an ELC.

Neither VCR NOr Burroughs Will Be A Sound Tiger Next Season. VCR Just Turned 19 Last Week And Burroughs Is Still 18. Neither Has Played Four Seasons In Juniors. They Will Be Back In Juniors Next Year, Just A Tryout, Cheap Look On A Couple Of Players In The System While He Sound Tigers Are Limping To Finish The Year.

Don't Read Anything More Into It Than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad