Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Good read on the Oil Kings Playoff series(Reinhart)

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...-edmonton-now-must-try-to-do-likewise-in-p-a/

"Reinhart showed his chops as a shutdown defender time and again, shutting down time and space in both the defensive and neutral zones, tipping shots and passes out of danger, and getting the puck to the “good ice†to allow the Oil Kings to get play going the other way. He took off with it himself a time or two, and showed his range with a couple of booming checks, including one on the Raiders star forward in the opening minutes of the series. A lot of Reinhart’s game is pretty subtle, but I have zero doubt that he is going to be a very good (though likely underrated) NHL defenceman for a lot of years. Big, smart, and reliable."

Awesome

I'm torn... I want Reinhart to continue to dominate when the games matter most, but I also want to see him for a few games at the NHL level before the season ends. I guess either way, I'll be happy.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Good read on the Oil Kings Playoff series(Reinhart)

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...-edmonton-now-must-try-to-do-likewise-in-p-a/

"Reinhart showed his chops as a shutdown defender time and again, shutting down time and space in both the defensive and neutral zones, tipping shots and passes out of danger, and getting the puck to the “good ice†to allow the Oil Kings to get play going the other way. He took off with it himself a time or two, and showed his range with a couple of booming checks, including one on the Raiders star forward in the opening minutes of the series. A lot of Reinhart’s game is pretty subtle, but I have zero doubt that he is going to be a very good (though likely underrated) NHL defenceman for a lot of years. Big, smart, and reliable."

Awesome

Griff frustrated Draisaitl so much last night, the only thing he did of note was crosscheck Griff in the back. Griff kept his cool, Edmonton got a powerplay and turned a close game into a 6-2 win.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I'm torn... I want Reinhart to continue to dominate when the games matter most, but I also want to see him for a few games at the NHL level before the season ends. I guess either way, I'll be happy.

Forget seeing Griff this year, Edmonton has advanced to the second round, with Brandon and Pulock leading their series 3-0 over Regina, the next round would be Edmonton-Brandon.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Forget seeing Griff this year, Edmonton has advanced to the second round, with Brandon and Pulock leading their series 3-0 over Regina, the next round would be Edmonton-Brandon.

I just hope that Reinhart and Pulock don't hurt each other.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Griff frustrated Draisaitl so much last night, the only thing he did of note was crosscheck Griff in the back. Griff kept his cool, Edmonton got a powerplay and turned a close game into a 6-2 win.

That's great to hear. Hopfully he will being giving those same fits and getting inside the heads of the top fowards in the Metro east

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
March 27
Erie 3, Saginaw 2 (OT)-Pelech, even, + 1, Graham, 1 assist, -1. Erie wins series 4-1.

I guess we will see what the Islanders think of Graham(ie they could sign him and send him to Bridgeport if they have future plans). My guess is he will go back into the draft

Gfrolek

Dec 12, 2012
Sorry gfrolek, the guys wonder why I go into a rage come draft time, I was just giving some examples of why. Seems to not matter what GM we have, we always seem to screw up at the draft, or just have plain old bad luck. The scary thing is, how could a regular old fan like myself see it happen yet the GMs can't. For instance, a lot of were in shock the Isles drafted Niederreiter instead of Cam Fowler, seems like another draft blunder.
No problem Scott. As bad as things are now ... and they're bad, we've at least managed to draft some promising young players. There was a five stretch back in the late 80's where our best draftee was Rich Pilon. I really like the look of our current prospect pool and am hoping for another Reinhart to come to long Island. However, if he keeps playing like this he'll end up in a Sabres uniform.

scott99

May 13, 2005
No problem Scott. As bad as things are now ... and they're bad, we've at least managed to draft some promising young players. There was a five stretch back in the late 80's where our best draftee was Rich Pilon. I really like the look of our current prospect pool and am hoping for another Reinhart to come to long Island. However, if he keeps playing like this he'll end up in a Sabres uniform.

I'll leave with this fact, since 1991, we've only drafted TWO stars (that played more than one season with the Isles) Palffy and Tavares. That's it, TWO. Guys like Luongo, Bertuzzi & McCabe didn't become stars until AFTER we traded them, and we didn't get to really benefit from their talents.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I'll leave with this fact, since 1991, we've only drafted TWO stars (that played more than one season with the Isles) Palffy and Tavares. That's it, TWO. Guys like Luongo, Bertuzzi & McCabe didn't become stars until AFTER we traded them, and we didn't get to really benefit from their talents.

Kyle Okposo, Joins That Group With A Repeat Performance Next Season.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Kyle Okposo, Joins That Group With A Repeat Performance Next Season.

Bertuzzi I see as comparable to Okposo now. When Bert started, he wasn't that great. He had potential out the ying yang, but I guess he was either a late bloomer or our coaching staff/management just could'nt get through to him. I am happy that he found his step, but we have to learn from our mistakes and have more patience.

If it were up to us...Kyle would have been gone 3 years ago. Same thing is happening with Bailey now. We need a good communicator as a coach. I don;t think we have that yet.

Don't forget, we drafted Redden too and even though he's not doing so hot anymore, he was a premier dman for a while. Even though we didn't draft Berard, I would like to think these guys were straight up. Both picks didn't even touch the ice before they were traded. Berard would have been a hall of famer and would have probably been playing for us for a while if not for his injury.

Come to think of it...we would only draft a solid player every 5 years. I have no idea how we could have done so crap in the draft. This makes me wonder why we are harping on Snow all the time because an VERY solid argument could be made at how good he is compared to the previous years.

One could even say it was easier to draft when there were only 21 teams...though, nowadays, we have the USHL and more Europeans to add to the pool.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
March 28
Guelph. 8, Plymouth 3- VCR, - 1. Guelph wins series 4-1.
Brandon 5, Regina 1-Pulock, + 1, Burroughs, 1 assist, - 2. Brandon wins series 4-0
Second round, Brandon vs Edmonton, dates to be announced.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
March 28
Guelph 3, Plymouth 1, end of two
Brandon 2, Regina 0, end of one

Thanks again for your work all season Rex, love the updates ! Brandon 2 periods away from wrapping it up. I wonder if it's worth paying to watch that series on the WHL website. Pulock vs Reinhart may be epic.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Thanks again for your work all season Rex, love the updates ! Brandon 2 periods away from wrapping it up. I wonder if it's worth paying to watch that series on the WHL website. Pulock vs Reinhart may be epic.

You know how much I like following the juniors.
Radio station for Brandon is CKLQ to listen, go to Brandon web site or type in call letters for Tune in Radio.

scott99

May 13, 2005
You know how much I like following the juniors.
Radio station for Brandon is CKLQ to listen, go to Brandon web site or type in call letters for Tune in Radio.

Thanks Rex, I very rarely use Tune In Radio, but put in CKLQ, and now listening while watching Edmonton vs Anaheim with the sound off on Gamecenter Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad