Prospect Info: Prospect camp thread 6/25-6/28

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
who got bloodied?

How did Lean Bergmann do? I expected him to shine but didn't read anything about him at all.

Bergmann was the guy who got bloodied by Gallant.

I thought he looked decent, a bit stronger and more physical than I expected, he impressed me with his forechecking ability on one shift but definitely didn’t shine as a whole.

Reactions: SnarkAttack

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Going to be excited to watch Gregor and Blichfeld in the AHL this season. Gregor looks so much better from when I last saw him. Had barely gotten to see any Blichfeld, and on top of his skill he seems like he's got a bit of agitator in him, wasn't expecting that.

I can't believe we've got another hothead named Gallant and he's not related to the first one.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Going to be excited to watch Gregor and Blichfeld in the AHL this season. Gregor looks so much better from when I last saw him. Had barely gotten to see any Blichfeld, and on top of his skill he seems like he's got a bit of agitator in him, wasn't expecting that.

I can't believe we've got another hothead named Gallant and he's not related to the first one.
Gregor was pretty night and day compared to how he looked last year.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Bergmann was the guy who got bloodied by Gallant.

I thought he looked decent, a bit stronger and more physical than I expected, he impressed me with his forechecking ability on one shift but definitely didn’t shine as a whole.
was the pool of blood from the fight?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Shortridge has a Sharks mask on and sharks pads. Anyone know if they all do? Was wondering if he might be up with the Cuda and Dell gone.

If they know they aren't returning to CHL or NCAA, they should order Sharks pads and helmet. ('cause they'll be playing in NHL, AHL or ECHL as a Sharks player.) And now might be a good time to get that equipment before the wave of new equipment orders for next season gets submitted.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Finally finished watching the scrimmage. Merkely reminds me a zubov. If that kid pans out he's going to be incredible. Hope he puts on some bulk the next couple years because he looks too small at this point. If he wasn't a potential attitude problem or didn't have a history of that, I would want him to go play in one of the adult leagues in Europe to play against men. I can't see Juniors offering him anything more at this point. Someone said he can't dangle around players... You must have missed him with the filthiest toe drag dangle of the entire scrimmage around a forechecker. He dangles just fine.

Chekhovich is going to be a Shark opening night IMO which I know many others share. Dude is involved every shift and scores.

I like the energy of Ferraro but he's going to need some time in the AHL to fine tune. He was out of position more than once but his hustle negated it. That doesn't work at the NHL level unless you're an elite player. He seems close though.

Gregor looked like he could challenge for a roster spot too. Those are the only guys that seemed close to me though. Will be interesting to see how that changes in camp.

Last edited:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Ah..

McGrew doesn't have the "it" for me in an underdog.

Come join me on the Blichfeld hype train. We've got pastries.

Crescent-Apple-Danishes-1.jpg
Would be cool if he made it. A few friends here know him and say he's a good kid.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Lol you guys are talking about Zach Gallant like he is a complete goon. The kid was the captain of the Petes and very rarely has ever fought in the OHL... clearly something pissed him off.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Lol you guys are talking about Zach Gallant like he is a complete goon. The kid was the captain of the Petes and very rarely has ever fought in the OHL... clearly something pissed him off.

He just fought someone on his own team at a prospect scrimmage. Very fair for people to call him a goon at this point haha

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
He got cross checked in the face but thats no excuse to let emotions take over. You dont keep punching when someones down

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
He got cross checked in the face but thats no excuse to let emotions take over. You dont keep punching when someones down
I can’t agree more. Admittedly, the game was getting chippy there near the end and Bergmann did get his gloves up in Gallant’s face but to punch a teammate when he’s down is way over the line.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I can’t agree more. Admittedly, the game was getting chippy there near the end and Bergmann did get his gloves up in Gallant’s face but to punch a teammate when he’s down is way over the line.

I felt that was kind of out of line too. I get that his emotions got the better of him but it is not excusable.

He was pretty much sitting on top of Bergman and punching his face.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
I felt that was kind of out of line too. I get that his emotions got the better of him but it is not excusable.

He was pretty much sitting on top of Bergman and punching his face.

I believe Gallant was quoted where he said Bergmann was the one that asked for the fight. But agreed that he should have stopped punching once he was on top of Bergmann.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I believe Gallant was quoted where he said Bergmann was the one that asked for the fight. But agreed that he should have stopped punching once he was on top of Bergmann.

Players ask each other to drop the gloves all the time, nothing uncommon there. But even at the NHL level I have seen the 'tough' guys stop once they know the fight is over. Gallant did not exercise good judgment there.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Players ask each other to drop the gloves all the time, nothing uncommon there. But even at the NHL level I have seen the 'tough' guys stop once they know the fight is over. Gallant did not exercise good judgment there.

It was bad judgement, but if he’s not actually a goon it’s easier to understand why he didn’t follow etiquette, the feels got ahold of him.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I recall one cocky kid asking to fight Sharks heavyweight in camp scrimmage. More to prove himself than attempt injury.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I like the energy of Ferraro but he's going to need some time in the AHL to fine tune. He was out of position more than once but his hustle negated it. That doesn't work at the NHL level unless you're an elite player. He seems close though.

I don't disagree, but I think he'd be ok in limited minutes, or as a #7 for now. I guess we'll see how he does in pre-season.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Ferraro is tough for me to judge. His physical tools (skating, strength, edgework), along with his aggressiveness and confidence were clearly a step above pretty much everybody else out there, which obviously made him stand out. But he's not going to have those same advantages over everybody else in the NHL. I'm holding out until pre-season before I make any judgment on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad