Prospect Info: Prospect camp thread 6/25-6/28

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Foehammer

Jan 8, 2017
I kinda wish there was multiple scrim games over the summer to see more of them playing but oh well

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Didn't get to mention this but I thought Gregoire had a great game. Although he should cause he's AHL level already, but he played well.

Also if anyone wants to rewatch:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I don't disagree, but I think he'd be ok in limited minutes, or as a #7 for now. I guess we'll see how he does in pre-season.
I don't think it helps a young player to be the #7 on an NHL club when he could be 1st pairing in the AHL. At a minimum I think he should play 20 to 30 games in the AHL just to get used to playing against men. If he shows faster than expected progress they can adjust then. I wouldn't plan for him to start with the Sharks though. Sharks have a had a mostly good history of developing these guys the right way. Micro is the only stain in recent memory for me.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
It's really too early to be talking about who is making the Sharks, especially based on one prospect scrimmage just before the start of the offseason.

We will see how these players go in training camp and preseason against other teams player trying to make their rosters.

Reactions: Sandisfan and NiWa

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
I cannot see Ferraro in the lineup on opening day. Aside from pickles, I cannot think of any dman who jumped straight into the nhl from juniors or college. Dmen take a lot longer to develop and adjust to the Nhl game. I am quite confident he will start in the A. I am not sure however who the 6/7 dmen will be. Dougie may choose to sign a depth guy on a min contract or heed or even Ryan. The top 5 are pretty set but they won’t stick a top prospect as a #7, it’s bad for development. They’d want him playing 22+ mins in the A not riding the box or even playing 8 mins in the nhl. The question is whether Middleton, disimone, or wood get a chance (or Roy or Gregoire)? Disimone and wood were both qualified so I think dougie is panning to have them duke it out for a 6/7 spot. Should be interesting to see if any of them stand out in training camp and preseason.

Definitely going to be a spot on both O and D for newbies so the preseason appears to matter this year a lot.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
Aside from pickles, I cannot think of any dman who jumped straight into the nhl from juniors or college
Matt Carle.

In my opinion, Ferraro should play few months in AHL to get some experience on pro level instead of sitting in press box. Then try in NHL. Middleton may be 7th D on the roster. Or Sund, don’t forget about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad