Prospect Info: prospect camp 24-25

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Agree. FUS and Suzuki are the guys I thought might see time here. Morrow maybe as well, but right now, with Jarvis, Necas and Drury, we have 14 forwards (Including Lemieux but not Jost).

I hope Suzuki can stay healthy and gets a chance before it's too late for him in Carolina.
Isn’t Jost one way? I’ve been keeping him with the team in my mind, and to me he helps the team more than Lemieux though Pepe brings that element few guys possess. Carrier has that though.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I’ve still got Nadeau’s debut back in April in my mind which puts him as the clubhouse leader for me. The shot doesn’t just seem NHL-ready, it seems NHL-elite already. I don’t know how he performed in dev camp (nor do I think it matters as training camp will be the real test), but he jumped off the screen every shift in his one game. Plus, we need scoring and PP help - he’ll help.

For me, the “order of likelihood” is: Nadeau, FUS, Suzuki, Blake. Every other forward <1%.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Isn’t Jost one way? I’ve been keeping him with the team in my mind, and to me he helps the team more than Lemieux though Pepe brings that element few guys possess. Carrier has that though.
He is, but IIRC, so was Coghlan last year.

Doesn't really matter though in context of this discussion. We have 14 forwards without 1 of Jost or Lemieux, and 15 with both.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
yeah, saying about 4-5 of them are NHL ready is a bit of a stretch when many of them (mainly us/canada guys) haven't gone up against adults in a pro league yet. I guess "NHL ready" is subjective though.
Yeah, there’s “could crack the lineup in a bad team” nhl ready and “could meaningfully contribute to a Stanley cup contender” nhl ready.

We probably have several guys in the first group, I don’t know about the second.

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
I’ve still got Nadeau’s debut back in April in my mind which puts him as the clubhouse leader for me. The shot doesn’t just seem NHL-ready, it seems NHL-elite already. I don’t know how he performed in dev camp (nor do I think it matters as training camp will be the real test), but he jumped off the screen every shift in his one game. Plus, we need scoring and PP help - he’ll help.

For me, the “order of likelihood” is: Nadeau, FUS, Suzuki, Blake. Every other forward <1%.
I agree about Nadeau's shot...I had the luxury of seeing some games in the BCHL and you could tell it was elite even then. Same picks as well although I have them in a slightly different order. FUS, Suzuki, Nadeau then Blake. Only because Roddy will likely value FUS two way play and Suzuki being a centre helps his case. Based on last year, I thought Blake would be AHL for sure, but he added all that muscle so that's got to help his case this year.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I think Blake and Suzuki are the most likely to push for a spot, Nadeau is in the premium spot of needed a top 6 LW to be given a shot there though.

I think opening night:

Svech - Aho - Necas
Martinook - KK - Jarvis
Blake - Staal - Roslovic
Lemuix - Drury - Kuznetsov

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think Blake and Suzuki are the most likely to push for a spot, Nadeau is in the premium spot of needed a top 6 LW to be given a shot there though.

I think opening night:

Svech - Aho - Necas
Martinook - KK - Jarvis
Blake - Staal - Roslovic
Lemuix - Drury - Kuznetsov
I think there's almost no chance that's opening night line-up. Unless they get injured, Carrier and Robinson are likely going to be in the line-up.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think there's almost no chance that's opening night line-up. Unless they get injured, Carrier and Robinson are likely going to be in the line-up.
Yup. Carrier will be an everyday player for sure and I think Robinson will be too once they’ve seen him in camp. Jost and Lemieux are the first two guys out imo, as of today.

Carrier will get hurt. Fast seems like a LTIR candidate.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yup. Carrier will be an everyday player for sure and I think Robinson will be too once they’ve seen him in camp. Jost and Lemieux are the first two guys out imo, as of today.

Carrier will get hurt. Fast seems like a LTIR candidate.

bleed you are currently the only thing standing in between me and just completely lumping Robinson in with every nondescript 13F anyone has ever had.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Svech - Aho - necas
Martinook - Staal - Jarvis
Carrier - Roslovic- KK
Robinson - Drury - Jost/Lemieux

Fast - Ltir

Kuzy maybe goes for cap space if they can move him. I could see a righty kid making a fight to get into this lineup with the lefties on the right side. I think Carrier will be used like Martinook 2.0 and primarily on the left side. I think Robinson will impress and also be used on that side. KK and Roslovic could also interchange with Jack taking the right sided draws.

bleed you are currently the only thing standing in between me and just completely lumping Robinson in with every nondescript 13F anyone has ever had.
Too much pressure! :laugh:

I think he’s a great fit. If you saw that video I linked you saw he’s got speed and at times has shown a little touch. I think he fits the system and was targeted because of that. Rod likes simple and he can play simple up and down the wing. I could see him in a rotation with Lemieux if Rod thinks we need some fighty fight. Maybe Jost is in that rotation when we want a little more possession based skill on the puck there.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
That’s why he could be wing to Drury or KK and take right sided draws.
1720900443819.png

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don’t see roslovic as a center for this team. He isn’t a good center and does better on the wing

He could certainly take some RH faceoffs, which we definitely have a need for, but I agree that he's better on the wing. I still think that if KK takes steps forward this year, he's our best option at 2C. Drury is ideally a 3C, but Staal will be there until he retires, so 4C it is until that spot opens. I personally would move Kuznetsov to the wing and see if his offensive numbers rebound there.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
He could certainly take some RH faceoffs, which we definitely have a need for, but I agree that he's better on the wing. I still think that if KK takes steps forward this year, he's our best option at 2C. Drury is ideally a 3C, but Staal will be there until he retires, so 4C it is until that spot opens. I personally would move Kuznetsov to the wing and see if his offensive numbers rebound there.
If we resign Necas and give him 1RW, I could see

Svech - Aho - Necas
Kuzy - KK - Jarvy (anybody can take a faceoff)
Martinook - Staal - Roslovic
Carrier - Drury - Fast
Robinson/Lemi

Reactions: DaveG

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

CapWages interface is very similar to CapFriendly. Site doesn't have all the functionality of the former, but I wouldn't be surprised if they build it out.
CapFriendly stole much of its interface from CapGeek, CapGeek borrowed heavily from NHLNumbers, at some point it's just a design that makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad