Proposal: Proposals Thread: Fix this broken club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
lol, it's funny that JayBo is now a bonafied no.1 again, a year or two ago on this board he was a bust too.

Myers would be an upgrade over what we have now

Well that's certainly not setting the bar too high.

We NEED to acquire two D-man who can play tough minutes against western teams. The question becomes, can you throw out Myers and [Blank] against the Kopitars, Coutures, Getzlafs and whoever elses of the west, and be confident he can shut them down?

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
LOL main boards is going to explode when J. Schultz signs his extension. :lol:

Watch him sign a 2.5M AAV contract. "overpaid by 2 millions!!!!111" :laugh:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Well that's certainly not setting the bar too high.

We NEED to acquire two D-man who can play tough minutes against western teams. The question becomes, can you throw out Myers and [Blank] against the Kopitars, Coutures, Getzlafs and whoever elses of the west, and be confident he can shut them down?

I'd be comfortable with a d something like this

Gunnarrson-Myers
Marincin-Petry
Ference-Schultz

Still need a LHD to pair with Myers but as long as its someone at least as good as Petry then we should be fine. Obviously I'd prefer to have an OEL-Pietrangelo pairing but thats a pipedream.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I'd be comfortable with a d something like this

Gunnarrson-Myers
Marincin-Petry
Ference-Schultz

Still need a LHD to pair with Myers but as long as its someone at least as good as Petry then we should be fine. Obviously I'd prefer to have an OEL-Pietrangelo pairing but thats a pipedream.

I'm not the Leafs trade Gunnarsson. Him and Phanuef are pretty solidly their top-pairing.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'm not the Leafs trade Gunnarsson. Him and Phanuef are pretty solidly their top-pairing.

Was just using him as an example, ideally we'd be able to land a LHD who's not flashy but can be solid and put up 20-30 points while being able to move the puck.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I just skimmed over the last two pages so I don't know how covered this idea has been, but would you guys consider something along the lines of a deal structured around Yakupov and Myers?

I don't have too good of a grasp on their relative values from your perspective, but I'm sure you could add a piece in or two from either side to balance it out, like adding Stewart from BUF (even though it would be for just his rights). You could then potentially have Myers and Ekblad as your big defencemen moving forward. I know you guys want a good two-way centre, but from what I understand, there are plenty of centres in the 2015 draft. Just a thought.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I just skimmed over the last two pages so I don't know how covered this idea has been, but would you guys consider something along the lines of a deal structured around Yakupov and Myers?

I don't have too good of a grasp on their relative values from your perspective, but I'm sure you could add a piece in or two from either side to balance it out, like adding Stewart from BUF (even though it would be for just his rights). You could then potentially have Myers and Ekblad as your big defencemen moving forward. I know you guys want a good two-way centre, but from what I understand, there are plenty of centres in the 2015 draft. Just a thought.

both bring risk, that's why it seems like a fair trade. some only look at the risks of the one they don't like, but ignore the risks of the one they like.

I make the trade

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
both bring risk, that's why it seems like a fair trade. some only look at the risks of the one they don't like, but ignore the risks of the one they like.

I make the trade

I don't.. what's the risk in Yak? Galchenyuk has 4 more points than Yak this season. Huberdeau has 3 more in 3 more games.. Are they risks too? I don't understand why people see anything different in Yak compared to those two. It's not just opposing teams fans but our own fans underrate him big time.

I bet if you asked Sabres fans if they'd take Galchenyuk for Myers they'd do it without hesitating. Yakupov not so much. Makes no sense to me. Must be the knee slide..

Yak will be fine..

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I don't.. what's the risk in Yak? Galchenyuk has 4 more points than Yak this season. Huberdeau has 3 more in 3 more games.. Are they risks too? I don't understand why people see anything different in Yak compared to those two. It's not just opposing teams fans but our own fans underrate him big time.

I bet if you asked Sabres fans if they'd take Galchenyuk for Myers they'd do it without hesitating. Yakupov not so much. Makes no sense to me. Must be the knee slide..

Yak will be fine..

It's because 1) Galchenyuk is a C, 2) SIZE 3) Russian factor

2 and 3, in my opinion, are overrated.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's time to heavily consider trading the wingers. Hall, Eberle, Yak, whatever...

I don't know who to trade for but something has to change here.

Kulleroinen*

Eberle for bag of pucks. I honestly believe that this trade would make the Oilers better team.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Agreed. Eberle is NOT the reason this team sucks. There is a LOT more problems than just him. He wants to be here and then people are making **** up about him? **** off...

What has happened that made Eberle so expendable? VAN would love to take him off your hands but as we saw with the Schneider scenario, doesn't seem like they're good trading partners with Gillis in charge.

As far as Yakupov goes, from my perspective, I see his offensive potential as much as the next guy, but I just don't see him committed to the defensive side of the puck whatsoever. In my eyes, he's just as likely to be the reason for a goal against as he is for a goal for. I know +/- is more of a team stat, but he's among the worst on your team for a reason. I'm not asking him to be a two-way player, but the hustle to at least be responsible is just not there. Plus, having his agent whine about increasing his ice-time just didn't look good at all. You can't fix character.

Don't get me wrong, the year you drafted Yakupov, a part of me wanted you to draft Murray because you needed him more, but another part of me wanted you to draft Yakupov just to see what that top 6 would look like in a few years. So before you call me biased, I was just as excited about the pick as the next person.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
For the record, I don't think any of our guys hold the value needed to pull off what we'd expect in return in terms of dealing Hall/RNH/Yak/Ebs

That's why our 2014 and 2015 1sts are our most valuable and logical trade weapons.

Sloth Slothersons*

For the record, I don't think any of our guys hold the value needed to pull off what we'd expect in return in terms of dealing Hall/RNH/Yak/Ebs

That's why our 2014 and 2015 1sts are our most valuable and logical trade weapons.

Indeed. Those 1st round picks haven't been ruined yet.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
What has happened that made Eberle so expendable? VAN would love to take him off your hands but as we saw with the Schneider scenario, doesn't seem like they're good trading partners with Gillis in charge.

As far as Yakupov goes, from my perspective, I see his offensive potential as much as the next guy, but I just don't see him committed to the defensive side of the puck whatsoever. In my eyes, he's just as likely to be the reason for a goal against as he is for a goal for. I know +/- is more of a team stat, but he's among the worst on your team for a reason. I'm not asking him to be a two-way player, but the hustle to at least be responsible is just not there. Plus, having his agent whine about increasing his ice-time just didn't look good at all. You can't fix character.

Don't get me wrong, the year you drafted Yakupov, a part of me wanted you to draft Murray because you needed him more, but another part of me wanted you to draft Yakupov just to see what that top 6 would look like in a few years. So before you call me biased, I was just as excited about the pick as the next person.

When Yakupov is on the ice the Oilers have had an 0.882% save percentage and shoot 7.5%. Both are ridiculously below averages, and if you try to make the arguement that Yakupov is single handedly causing his goalies to have an 0.88 save percentage, then I guess he was a good defensive player and made the goalies better last year as they had a 0.923 save percentage during his rookie year. It's a dumb stat, and is basically meaningless. No one is saying Yakupov is a solid two-way player but there's no reason he can't work on it and he's shown promise in various games.

Citing his +/- is just lazy and goes the same way with Alex Edler. Edler is still a good player but the team has a 4% shooting percentage on the ice, it's just dumb luck and doesn't reflect their defensive abilities.

Besides that, I don't think Yakupov will be the one to be moved. It's obvious but GM's are going to look at this season and lowball MacT and I think Eberle will be the one to be moved as Perron on the RW seems to be going great. I think they regret not taking Murray, who is doing fine as a top 4 guy for CBJ pre-injury, but they have to deal with what is at hand, and Eberle is the one who has value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad