Proposal: Proposals Thread: Fix this broken club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kulleroinen*

If your pick is #3, and you're fairly certain the team in #1/2 takes Ekblad, does Myers+Stewart/Stafford get your 1st in 2014 and a later round pick in 2015 (say 3rd)?

So:

Myers
Stafford/Stewart

for

Oilers 1st 2014
Oilers 3rd 2015

Sabres fans want something like Hall+Klefbom+2014 1st for Myers. :D

MPStoEberletoHall*

If the Oilers get Schenn, there is no point getting Stastny.

Uhh yes there is.. we need scoring from our bottom two lines as well.. Schenn would be a perfect fit on our 3rd line. He adds grit and scoring

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Eberle for Buff, Jets fans seem agreeable on.

Yak for Kane they laugh their ***** off.

Which brings us to Joensuu. You keep harping on Foligno being worthless, yet you're suggesting JJ would have any trade value whatsoever? The Jets laugh their ***** of again, but first have to google Joensuu to find out who he is.

You're not paying attention to the deal very well, plus just because Yakupov is struggling (and Russian) Doesn't mean he's horrible, nor is Kane a world beater. Though you MASSIVELY over value the bigness with the hitting, so I can see the reason there.

Kulleroinen*

Yep, one extremely dumb comment by one sabres fan means they are all dumb and overvalue their players...good call. :shakehead

Well the 2014 1st and 2015 1st also made me laugh. But you said it, not me. Not sure if agreeing on your analysis will lead to an infraction, so I have no comments on that one.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I wonder what it would take to land Eric Staal...
Would our 1st and Yakupov get it done? ( assuming Ekblad is off the board)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If you can land Tyler Myers, honestly the blue line is fairly well situated going forward.

Nurse
Klefbom
Marincin

As left D and then

Myers
Petry
Schultz

on the right side.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Where are all these Eric Staal proposals coming from? Guy has a no-trade clause, and his brother got traded and signed long term to play with him in Carolina.
Was there some sort of rumor about this?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Are you talking for next year? We may as well get McDavid's jersey ready now then...

I'm talking in the overall scope of the franchise.

I seriously doubt Tyler Myers makes this d-corps any worse for the immediate next season either, but I don't think they're making the playoffs barring a miracle next season anyway.

They're not even bad enough to get Ekblad most likely this year, I don't see them being worse next year with a full year of Scrivens/Fasth even if that was the blueline. If they land McDavid it will be because Taylor Hall got hurt for the majority of the season.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
I'm talking in the overall scope of the franchise.

I seriously doubt Tyler Myers makes this d-corps any worse for the immediate next season either, but I don't think they're making the playoffs barring a miracle next season anyway.

They're not even bad enough to get Ekblad most likely this year, I don't see them being worse next year with a full year of Scrivens/Fasth even if that was the blueline. If they land McDavid it will be because Taylor Hall got hurt for the majority of the season.

I want nothing to do with Myers considering what we'd have to give up to get him as he's too big a risk and the left side has a combined total of what, 35 games experience?

IMO what this team needs is bonafide experience on the back end, not a bunch of maybe's. All these young guys need someone to learn from, I see no one on that back end capable of teaching anyone anything.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I want nothing to do with Myers considering what we'd have to give up to get him as he's too big a risk and the left side has a combined total of what, 35 games experience?

IMO what this team needs is bonafide experience on the back end, not a bunch of maybe's. All these young guys need someone to learn from, I see no one on that back end capable of teaching anyone anything.

Myers is the perfect age for this group, everyone said ideally we would've drafted a d-man before Hall, well Myers is right in that age range.

Again though you misunderstood the point of my quote, I was not talking about next year's blueline just what the organization has in the cupboards.

I think Sabre fans are grossly overstating Myers' value too, when/if he is dealt it will be no where close to what their fans think. McKenzie was stating the Sabres would have interest in EDM's 1st 2014 for Myers, which sounds about right IMO.

SterlingArcher

Mar 11, 2013
So if Eric stall is on the block I feel his brother would have to go with him in a package deal.

Yakupov, 2014 first, 2015 first, Gagner, would be the starting point I assume?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
J.Stall-E.Stall-Perron

Size and defensive ability for a top six. Pipe dream, plus we should probably spend money on the back end.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
So if Eric stall is on the block I feel his brother would have to go with him in a package deal.

Yakupov, 2014 first, 2015 first, Gagner, would be the starting point I assume?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
J.Stall-E.Stall-Perron

Size and defensive ability for a top six. Pipe dream, plus we should probably spend money on the back end.

I would rather go E.Staal, RNH, J.Staal Gordon for our 4 C's. #depth

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
Trading for the Staals would probably also come with a free Marc Staal once he hits free agency!

That said, I'd have to imagine the price for both would be astronomical. I'd think RNH and one of Yak/Eberle would be a starting point, honestly.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Trading for the Staals would probably also come with a free Marc Staal once he hits free agency!

That said, I'd have to imagine the price for both would be astronomical. I'd think RNH and one of Yak/Eberle would be a starting point, honestly.

I go Yak, Gagner, Lander and two firsts. I probably get laughed at too.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I think Sabre fans are grossly overstating Myers' value too, when/if he is dealt it will be no where close to what their fans think. McKenzie was stating the Sabres would have interest in EDM's 1st 2014 for Myers, which sounds about right IMO.

Does it really sound right?

We're trading a top-5 pick for a young D-man who has immense potential, yet is inconsistent. His rookie year was fantastic, and has struggled every season up to this one. This year, he has rebounded into a top-4 D-man.

I've said I'd take a risk on Myers, but definitely not at the risk of a top-5 pick and definitely not with his contract.

If we're parting with a top-5 pick in the draft, we better damn sure know the guy we're getting back can play tough minutes. Would you really put out Myers against top opposition and be confident he'd shut them down?

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Also, regarding Eric Staal's value. Rick Nash-esque return might not be the worst reference in terms of value.

The trade was Rick Nash + Steve Delisle + cond. 3rd for Dubinsky + Anisimov + Erixon + 2013 1st.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
I don't know about you guys but I have zero interest in Myers. He would be brutal here and his contract is too high. Big pass on my part, I'd rather have any of Reinhart, Bennet, Draisaitl, or Ekblad

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Imagine c depth of:
1. E.Staal
2. RNH
3. J.Staal
4. Gordon

One can dream...

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I don't know about you guys but I have zero interest in Myers. He would be brutal here and his contract is too high. Big pass on my part, I'd rather have any of Reinhart, Bennet, Draisaitl, or Ekblad

I think some people on this site, same time every year, just like the idea of the shiny new bauble out there. Yay, we're going to get another 18 year old forward...

Myers will be a good top 2 defenseman, possibly top 1. He's 24 years old and has all the attributes to make it and he will. His first 2 years in the league were terrific but he's had 2 weak ones on a bad team. He's turned it around again and on his way back up, still on a bad team.
Are we forgetting already how long it takes most good defensemen to develop or are we mesmerized by the Doughtys and Jones of the league that were exceptional...and who's to say Jones doesn't return to earth next year as a sophomore?
If you have a chance to get Myers for a 3rd - 5th overall pick, you do it (providing Ekblad is gone).

And did I mention, he's 24...

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Umberger a healthy scratch again tonight. What happened to that guy?

I remember thinking to myself that the Canucks were making a big mistake when they moved him and thought it was a great pick-up for CBJ when they got him from Philly.

If he didn't have the contract that he does I wonder if he'd be worth a look.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Myers is the perfect age for this group, everyone said ideally we would've drafted a d-man before Hall, well Myers is right in that age range.

Again though you misunderstood the point of my quote, I was not talking about next year's blueline just what the organization has in the cupboards.

I don't disagree that he's a good age for this group and that the cupboards are stocked. But we already have enough 'young' guys on the back end. IMO if Myers comes in he needs to be on the 2nd paring not the 1st, and he needs to replace one of Petry or Schultz.

We can't be going ahead with those 3 as our right side, we need experience beyond next year. A 2-3 year deal with someone who has experience and can handle other teams top lines while younger guys like Petry, Schultz or Myers can take over.

Same thing with the left. It's too small of a sample size to say that we're going to be good on the left side in years ahead either. Yes it sure looks promising so far, but it would be better if we could find the same thing I said above for both sides.

I just think that paying with a top-3 pick is not worth it for Myers to me, if we slip to #5 though it's different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad