Proposal: Proposals Thread: Fix this broken club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Unless the pick is 1/2, I think you kinda have to make that trade. Our D needs help now in the worst way, Myers is an offensive d-man that we sorely need that isn't going to need 3-4 years to develop.

I liked Drew Stafford's game tonight too, maybe we should kick the tires on him also.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see us acquire Myers + Stafford for our first this year + Gagner/Dman or something to that affect, I like the idea of it to.

Then you move Yakupov + 2015 1st for E Staal ;) (Yeah Im definitely dreaming on this one)

Sign Moss
Sign Orpik

Hall - Staal - Perron (20 Mins)
Stafford - Nuge - Eberle (18)
Lander - Gordon - Moss (14)
Smyth - Hendricks - Gazdic (8) More for PK

Marincin - Myers (20) PP
Orpik - J Schultz (20) PK/PP
Ference - Petry (20)
Klefbom/Nurse

Scrivens
Fasth

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Haha damn this whole board seems to love the Staal idea. Wouldn't that be a miracle if MacT pulled it off?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
On Oil Change it showed them discussing a deal with another team on deadline day, the only specifics were "neither player is very physical" and that Eakins wasn't familiar enough with the guy. MacT then said it will still be available in the off-season. Anybody think it's anything of substance, or just a prospect deal?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I honestly wonder if you could move Yak for Myers and Stafford

The Oilers get better in key spots, the Sabres get a nice piece for their rebuild. Stafford should fit well in the Oilers' top-9.

Yakupov and Joensuu for Myers, Stafford and Adam

Maybe.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Haha damn this whole board seems to love the Staal idea. Wouldn't that be a miracle if MacT pulled it off?

It would give us a better chance to compete in this division.

E Staal 6'4 205, 52.1% on 1252 face offs

J Staal 6'4 220, 54.8% on 1253 face offs

Big centers that can win draws to go up against Getzlaf/Hanzal/Kopitar/Thornton.

Add Gordon's face off prowess to the mix and we'd likely lead the league. It's only one small part of the game, but every advantage helps.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012

The Oilers get better in key spots, the Sabres get a nice piece for their rebuild. Stafford should fit well in the Oilers' top-9.

Maybe.

I wouldn't trade Yak for Meyers and Stafford straight across. I don't understand how adding guys who are key pieces of the only team worse than the Oilers makes the Oilers better.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

Maybe.

There is zero chance they take Yak straight up for Myers. If they would, that deal would have already happened. Every Buffalo fan I've seen comment on that proposal have said Murray is not a fan of Russians. Whether it's true, not sure, but Myers is more valuable than Yak right now, that much is obvious.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don't understand how adding guys who are key pieces of the only team worse than the Oilers makes the Oilers better.

How does that statement make any sense? That would be like the Panthers saying adding Hall wouldn't help them because he plays for a team worse than theirs:help:

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
How does that statement make any sense? That would be like the Panthers saying adding Hall wouldn't help them because he plays for a team worse than theirs:help:

Except Hall is objectively a great player. Can't really make that argument for Tyler Meyers and Drew freaking Stafford. I don't see those guys as particularly big upgrades for the Oilers.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wouldn't trade Yak for Meyers and Stafford straight across. I don't understand how adding guys who are key pieces of the only team worse than the Oilers makes the Oilers better.

Fair enough I guess, I'm looking more at different needs, but I see your point.

Edit: I just don't like the idea of trading the 2014 1st (Ekblad) for Myers.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So the Oilers look to be in a slightly unique position this summer, they have one more compliance buyout and no one to use it on....cue the Gagner, Ference, Eberle, etc whine whine whine...ok, now that we're past that, is there any deals with any teams where the Oilers can use their compliance buyout to "help" the other team while getting a better deal for themselves?

Maybe the Oilers can get Myers cheaper from the Sabres if they take Leino as a compliance buyout, anyone else?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So the Oilers look to be in a slightly unique position this summer, they have one more compliance buyout and no one to use it on....cue the Gagner, Ference, Eberle, etc whine whine whine...ok, now that we're past that, is there any deals with any teams where the Oilers can use their compliance buyout to "help" the other team while getting a better deal for themselves?

Maybe the Oilers can get Myers cheaper from the Sabres if they take Leino as a compliance buyout, anyone else?

is it really unique? I dont have the stats on hand but isnt half of the league in the same boat?

Edit: Also Ekblad >>> anything we can get for our first pick 2014.. If he is on the board we dont traded him unless Weber is offered 1 for 1.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Fair enough I guess, I'm looking more at different needs, but I see your point.

Edit: I just don't like the idea of trading the 2014 1st (Ekblad) for Myers.

I don't like the idea of trading for Meyers period. If we're parting with prime assets for a player who remains surrounded by question marks, I'd rather target Byfugelin, a guy with an established level of ability who doesn't always hit it as opposed to a guy who seems to be all about the potential.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't like the idea of trading for Meyers period. If we're parting with prime assets for a player who remains surrounded by question marks, I'd rather target Byfugelin, a guy with an established level of ability who doesn't always hit it as opposed to a guy who seems to be all about the potential.

Fair enough, I wonder if the Oilers should target Erhoff instead.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
is it really unique? I dont have the stats on hand but isnt half of the league in the same boat?

Edit: Also Ekblad >>> anything we can get for our first pick 2014.. If he is on the board we dont traded him unless Weber is offered 1 for 1.

Well of those teams, do they all have Owners who would be willing to do that? I know Nashville might still have their buyouts, you think they can use them?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Except Hall is objectively a great player. Can't really make that argument for Tyler Meyers and Drew freaking Stafford. I don't see those guys as particularly big upgrades for the Oilers.

I don't know, wouldn't Myers automatically be our best Defenceman? Stafford would be better than Smyth, Jones &Lander.

Of course there's no chance Buffalo does that deal without our 1st involved.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
ideally i would want eberle, gagner and smyth out by next season. but since we are talking about the oilers, thats unlikely to happen

yak for a 2nd and a mediocre prospect i bet

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Myers is a tall lanky soft defenseman. No thanks.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=94206

He has had one good year. I watched him in the WHL. He was drafted on potential.

Ekblad is the complete package. He could be as good as Pronger was. In 58 GP this year he put up 23 goals and almost a PPG.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=145037

The draft panel would tear the Oilers a new one if Ekblad was available and they moved the pick for Tyler freaking Myers.

Aaron Ekblad, the highest ranked defenseman in central scouting, is a big two-way defenseman. He has a good shot, moves the puck well, and uses his size and strength impressively. He is so good that he was granted exceptional status by the OHL at the age of 15, only the second player in that league to receive that honor.

Ekblad's physical dominance and solid all-around play can be compared to Chris Pronger. Ekblad has been ranked as high as first overall and, due to Seth Jones' success in the NHL, it wouldn't be surprising if he stayed at that spot.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
There is zero chance they take Yak straight up for Myers. If they would, that deal would have already happened. Every Buffalo fan I've seen comment on that proposal have said Murray is not a fan of Russians. Whether it's true, not sure, but Myers is more valuable than Yak right now, that much is obvious.

All true.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I like the idea of our pick for Myers. I think with the offensive players we have, maybe a change of scenery would give Myers a spark. I think he'd be a good fit, and we are absolutely desperate to find a top pairing defenseman.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
If your pick is #3, and you're fairly certain the team in #1/2 takes Ekblad, does Myers+Stewart/Stafford get your 1st in 2014 and a later round pick in 2015 (say 3rd)?

So:

Myers
Stafford/Stewart

for

Oilers 1st 2014
Oilers 3rd 2015

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
If your pick is #3, and you're fairly certain the team in #1/2 takes Ekblad, does Myers+Stewart/Stafford get your 1st in 2014 and a later round pick in 2015 (say 3rd)?

So:

Myers
Stafford/Stewart

for

Oilers 1st 2014
Oilers 3rd 2015

Personally I'm not interested. Especially if Bennett is still on the board.

We need a #2 centre more than we need a d-man with a bad contract that may never figure things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad