Proposal: Proposals Thread: Fix this broken club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Bob McKenzie said that the Sabres would have some interest in taking our 1st for Tyler Myers.

Tyler Myers is such an iffy player for me to want to get. I don't think he's very good, I think he's overpaid, yet with that size, the beast potential is still there. Personally, I'd want someone more proven if I'm dealing that 1st.

hmmm. that's a trade you make at the draft, when you see what's up there. If Ekblad is gone, probably do it.

McDeathbyCheerios*

No amount of trades and players would make us win with this coaching staff. We could have a top line of Hall, Crosby and Stamkos and they would be a minus line somehow.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I'm assuming everyone here would deal Eberle for Eric Staal in a heartbeat correct?

Nope

Personally, i am a Bruins fan as my second team and i love local boy Johnny Boychuks game. Depending on our coaching staff, I think he could do very welll here. Plays a mean game, RH shot, hard shot and good at getting it through traffic, can play big minutes. He isnt agile but i think we have an assortment of guys on the left that can be agile, and on the right for when the coach might need better foot work out of the right.

Even with the cap going up, (he has a very decent contract), there is a sense that he will be moved this summer.

The price would probably be a 2nd rounder at max, to acquire.

?.............

Also i think if we make a big move on defense this year via trade for a #1 i think J Schultz might be the most valuable asset...packaged with our 2015 1st RD

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Unless the pick is 1/2, I think you kinda have to make that trade. Our D needs help now in the worst way, Myers is an offensive d-man that we sorely need that isn't going to need 3-4 years to develop.

I liked Drew Stafford's game tonight too, maybe we should kick the tires on him also.

I'd definitely consider it if we're out of the Ekblad running.

As for Stafford... I noticed #21 really pushing back on our corps., more so then I've usually seen him play. And he has a knack for scoring against us, so maybe it'll work when he pulls the sweater on. Something I'd be open depending on the deal. He's struggled in recent years.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'd definitely consider it if we're out of the Ekblad running.

As for Stafford... I noticed #21 really pushing back on our corps., more so then I've usually seen him play. And he has a knack for scoring against us, so maybe it'll work when he pulls the sweater on. Something I'd be open depending on the deal. He's struggled in recent years.

Stafford much like Chris Stewart is all over the place with his effort level and consistency, you'll watch him and he'll either be good or be invisible.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Nope

Personally, i am a Bruins fan as my second team and i love local boy Johnny Boychuks game. Depending on our coaching staff, I think he could do very welll here. Plays a mean game, RH shot, hard shot and good at getting it through traffic, can play big minutes. He isnt agile but i think we have an assortment of guys on the left that can be agile, and on the right for when the coach might need better foot work out of the right.

Even with the cap going up, (he has a very decent contract), there is a sense that he will be moved this summer.

The price would probably be a 2nd rounder at max, to acquire

?.............

Also i think if we make a big move on defense this year via trade for a #1 i think J Schultz might be the most valuable asset...packaged with our 2015 1st RD

you think so? I would think a proven top 4 D from a Stanley cup team would go for more than that. I'd love to see him on this team. I'd trade more than a 2nd rounder for him. I'm thinking something like Klefbom. I'm mean, Boychuk is basically the same as Klefbom, only entering his prime and playoff experienced. I almost think Klefbom alone wouldn't get the deal done. Not that I have clue on this, just seems like a proven NHL D in his mid-twenties goes for more than 2nd rounder, unless he's a rental.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Re: Myers for the 1st.

For a pick that's likely Top 4 at worst, I would hope MacT gets a for sure thing. I don't think Myers is that and it is a bit of a gamble.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
If there is anything to the Staals being available, would Eberle+Gagner+2014 1st be even in the ballpark for Eric and Jordan?

Hall-E. Staal-Perron
RNH-J. Staal-Yakupov

:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Jun 22, 2009
Eric Staal would be the best player that the Oilers could acquire. I'd wager enough to say he'd have a Pronger like impact to this team. Gagner 2014 first and Musil for Staal and Hainsey. Trade Eberle for Marc Staal and Sign Markov we win the cup :naughty::naughty:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Dont trade a pick that isnt ekblad or reinhart for myers. Instead add if u have to get one of those 2 guys. Also myers will make this team too competetitive for a chance at mcdavid.

ChefTO

Jan 13, 2010
Eric Staal would be the best player that the Oilers could acquire. I'd wager enough to say he'd have a Pronger like impact to this team. Gagner 2014 first and Musil for Staal and Hainsey. Trade Eberle for Marc Staal and Sign Markov we win the cup :naughty::naughty:

so let me get this straight...

Sam Gagner, the one who was rumored to be going to L.A for a 3rd/4th liner and a prospect, while we retain salary... is now gonna be traded plus an AHL dman and a lottery pick for a premier legit big #1 C ... and a vet d? one could argue that Gagner for Hainsey is almost fair (maybe CAR adding slightly) so is Musil and our first worth Staal?

Its gonna take

2 of Ebs or Nuge or Gags or Yak
Marincin or Kelfbom
prospect and or picks
for
E.Staal +

I would like to see...
Gags and Yak and Marincin and Gernat and 1st 2014 and 1st 2015 (probably not enough)
for
E. Staal and J. Staal

Hall E. Staal Perron
Nuge J. Staal Ebs
Hendricks Gordon Lander
Gazdic Smyth Pitlick
Arco

FA signing J.Schultz
Kelfbom Petry
Ference Morrison (hopefully we sign him)
Fraser / Fedun

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
Bob McKenzie said that the Sabres would have some interest in taking our 1st for Tyler Myers.

Tyler Myers is such an iffy player for me to want to get. I don't think he's very good, I think he's overpaid, yet with that size, the beast potential is still there. Personally, I'd want someone more proven if I'm dealing that 1st.

This is an interesting idea, particularly if Edm's pick ends up being 3-4+.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I'm not really interested in Staal that much tbh.

He's good and big, but he's been declining since his 100 point season and that contract is less than attractive.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Unless the pick is 1/2, I think you kinda have to make that trade. Our D needs help now in the worst way, Myers is an offensive d-man that we sorely need that isn't going to need 3-4 years to develop.

I liked Drew Stafford's game tonight too, maybe we should kick the tires on him also.

Barring some wonky lotto luck, the pick is gonna be between 1 and 3.

Myers's play in his own end has never impressed me and his offensive numbers are nothing special (he's on pace for 26 points this season which won't even put him in the top 60 for D).

People see the Calder year, the size and think there's more there than there is, but if we're talking about the top 10 D under 25 in the league, Meyers isn't in the conversation at all. And despite the popular notion that it take a a long time for defencemen to develop, that's just not true when it comes to the truly elite.

Let's put it another way: Buffalo is rebuilding from the ground up and you'd think a young d with such untapped reserves of potential would be a franchise cornerstone. If they are willing to put him on the block for a young prospect, that should tell us something.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i have said for 3 years that Eric Staal is perfect for this team,

Eberle, 2014 1st and one of Marincin/Klefbom and i make that deal. Cup winner, Gold Medal winner and he is only 29 years old. perfect #1C to let RNH play 2nd line.

i would love to have bennet or reinhart but having a vet C to go with RNH will be like a miracle for this team. I know MacT is already looking around to see if this is true. E Staal is exactly what we need.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Jordan Staal, for some reason, always looks like the perfect 2nd line C, but doesn't produce like one. He should be as productive as Kesler, R. Johansen and Patrice Bergeron...but he's not.

Actually, if you look at E. Staal or J. Staal - look no further than Kesler as the player most likely to be moved in a blockbuster. Kesler wants out of Van, the salaries match up reasonably well...wouldn't shock me at all to see something like Kesler for one of the Staal's (Jordan most likely).

I would hope MacT would be pitching something like Petry and Yakupov for J. Staal. He would definitely be an upgrade on what we have. You could then move Gagner to the wing.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron- J. Staal - Gagner

I'd still want to see a move for a winger with some size, but this top 6 is only one piece away from at least being able to compete with Chicago, San Jose, Anaheim, LA, etc.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If there is anything to the Staals being available, would Eberle+Gagner+2014 1st be even in the ballpark for Eric and Jordan?

Hall-E. Staal-Perron
RNH-J. Staal-Yakupov

:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Nuge would have to be part of the package going the other way. Here's what I'm thinking (+ some other moves):

Nuge+Yak+Marincin for Staal brothers

Klefbom+OTT 2015 3rd for Boychuk

Draft Ekblad

Petry + cond 2015 pick (2nd that becomes a 1st if we make playoffs and he re-signs) for M Staal

Sign Moss

Hall-EStaal-Eberle
Perron-JStaal-Gagner
Hendricks-Gordon-Moss
Joensuu-Lander-Gazdic

Staal-Ekblad
Nurse-Boychuk
Ference-Schultz

Scrivens
Fasth

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
i have said for 3 years that Eric Staal is perfect for this team,

Eberle, 2014 1st and one of Marincin/Klefbom and i make that deal. Cup winner, Gold Medal winner and he is only 29 years old. perfect #1C to let RNH play 2nd line.

i would love to have bennet or reinhart but having a vet C to go with RNH will be like a miracle for this team. I know MacT is already looking around to see if this is true. E Staal is exactly what we need.

I'd rather see Marincin stay myself. Better all around game.

Eberle, Klefbom and 2015 first rounder would be a big move...but Carolina would be very hurting at C if they lost E. Staal.

If Vancouver were in the mix - they'd part with Kesler...hard to match that if you're the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad