Proposal: Proposals Thread: Fix this broken club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Preds have zero motivation to trade Weber--they have already paid all the signing bonus more or less

except for the fact they have only paid $26M of the $68M so far in bonuses

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Had a unique idea for a trade:

To Edmonton:
Phoenix 1st 2014
Phoenix 1st 2015
Keith Yandle

To Phoenix:
Edmonton 1st 2014
Edmonton 1st 2015

Then:
To Nashville:
Phoenix 1st 2014
Marincin
Pitlick

To Edmonton:
R. Josi

So hard to judge value with draft picks, so what do you guys think?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

To Edmonton:
Phoenix 1st 2014
Phoenix 1st 2015
Keith Yandle

To Phoenix:
Edmonton 1st 2014
Edmonton 1st 2015

Then:
To Nashville:
Phoenix 1st 2014
Marincin
Pitlick

To Edmonton:
R. Josi

That doesn't seem very likely. I doubt Phoenix moves a top pairing dman just to switch picks.

I also doubt Nashville swaps Josi for Marincin and a pick.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

To Edmonton:
Phoenix 1st 2014
Phoenix 1st 2015
Keith Yandle

To Phoenix:
Edmonton 1st 2014
Edmonton 1st 2015

Then:
To Nashville:
Phoenix 1st 2014
Marincin
Pitlick

To Edmonton:
R. Josi

Honestly, unless it's for a top-end pairing guy, you don't move Marincin, he's playing too well IN the NHL.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
That doesn't seem very likely. I doubt Phoenix moves a top pairing dman just to switch picks.

I also doubt Nashville swaps Josi for Marincin and a pick.
But Phoenix is getting a drastically better pick this year (top 5 for sure) and likely another better pick next year. I originally had us sending Petry to them as well but that felt like overpayment for Yandle.

Honestly, unless it's for a top-end pairing guy, you don't move Marincin, he's playing too well IN the NHL.

Interesting perspectives on the Marincin + 1st for Josi idea. Usually that's a sign of fair value. As much as I like Marincin, I'd much rather have a guy like Josi who is a bit more experienced and is used to playing big minutes.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
except for the fact they have only paid $26M of the $68M so far in bonuses

Which means over the next 12 years they are paying much less on average than his cap hit. The exact thing a team who has an internal budget requires to have a decent team. I've broken down the money many times before when people bring up the Nashville can't afford him nonesense. They have to spend to the floor anyways, so they have to spend X money. There is no more effeicent way to spend to X than by paying Weber substantially less than he is worth.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Did you even watch Josi last night? Played over 20 min in the first 2 periods! The kid is good, dunno why people don't see that.

On a side note after last nights game I think we should just move Yakupov and bring in a bigger guy to play on that 2nd line with RNH and Eberle. Line looked WAY better with Lander on it compared to Yak.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Did you even watch Josi last night? Played over 20 min in the first 2 periods! The kid is good, dunno why people don't see that.

On a side note after last nights game I think we should just move Yakupov and bring in a bigger guy to play on that 2nd line with RNH and Eberle. Line looked WAY better with Lander on it compared to Yak.

He is very good, for me, especially from what I've seen from Marincin this season, he's not a high enough level to give Marincin away for him. That's where I stand in this situation. Don't see the point in developing this guy, Marincin, to the ponit where he can contribute at a high level and be counted on just to flip him for a guy like Josi who's very good, but not top-end.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
He is very good, for me, especially from what I've seen from Marincin this season, he's not a high enough level to give Marincin away for him. That's where I stand in this situation. Don't see the point in developing this guy, Marincin, to the ponit where he can contribute at a high level and be counted on just to flip him for a guy like Josi who's very good, but not top-end.

Meh I like Marincin, but Josi is a top pairing dman and less then 2 years older. I'd prefer to move another dman like either of Klefbom or Nurse if we could to acquire him. Klefbom +2015 1st top 5 protected should get you a guy like Josi or Yandle IMO.

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
Which means over the next 12 years they are paying much less on average than his cap hit. The exact thing a team who has an internal budget requires to have a decent team. I've broken down the money many times before when people bring up the Nashville can't afford him nonesense. They have to spend to the floor anyways, so they have to spend X money. There is no more effeicent way to spend to X than by paying Weber substantially less than he is worth.

Once Nashville matched the offer sheet and basically shelled out a huge chunk of his contract in a two year span, everyone knew Weber was going to be a predator for a long time. They've paid almost 50% of what they have owing to Weber, the rest of the years they have him are cheap.

But of course people still think Weber is coming to Edmonton.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Meh I like Marincin, but Josi is a top pairing dman and less then 2 years older. I'd prefer to move another dman like either of Klefbom or Nurse if we could to acquire him. Klefbom +2015 1st top 5 protected should get you a guy like Josi or Yandle IMO.
Hold on. We are giving up a highly anticipated d prospect and a first rounder for Josi and we still expect to be bottom 5? I'm sorry but if we are giving up things like that for a guy we sure as hell better aim higher then 5th overall.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Hold on. We are giving up a highly anticipated d prospect and a first rounder for Josi and we still expect to be bottom 5? I'm sorry but if we are giving up things like that for a guy we sure as hell better aim higher then 5th overall.

I'm not expecting us to be picking top 5, but if we miss the playoffs and win the lottery then we could give up Mcdavid. Also if we get hit by the injury bug it could see us drop in the standings again. Just to much risk to not protect the pick.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Anyone know how Willie Mitchell is looking these days? He's 36, but was a real defensive stalwart for most of his career. He's also a great team guy, and very likable. Think there'd be any merit to bringing him in as a mentor on a short contract? Obviously the ideal vet D mentor is going to be Markov, but he'll have a lot of interest.

If we get Ekblad (and even if we don't, because we have Schultz, Marincin, Klefbom and Nurse), we will have quite a lot of potential on D that would be in serious need of easing in, or at the very least, mentorship and sheltering. Ference doesn't seem talented enough to do that on the ice. I think finding a vet D that can be here for just a couple years while the defense matures will be huge. Has to be able to play at least top-4 minutes though.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Ehrhoff
Giordano
B. Campbell
Edler/Bieksa
Byfuglien (also at forward)

That's probably the list of D you can actually pry out of different teams using our 1st rounders.

All veteran D, all on teams that may want the high draft picks to accumulate young talent.

Our 2014 and 2015 1sts should be in complete play, but another problem: A good portion of that list have NTCs or NMCs. In other words, suck suck suck.

TomGilbert2point0

Sep 30, 2010
Multiple offseason proposals to fix the Oilers

To Nashville: Nail Yakupov, Justin Schultz, 1st round pick 2014

To Edmonton: Shea Weber, Paul Gaustad

To Columbus: Jordan Eberle, Marty Marincin/Oscar Klefbom, 2nd 2015

To Edmonton: Jack Johnson, Brandon Dubinsky

Sign Ryan Callahan in free agency once he realizes that the Oilers will give him the money, and that they're willing to spend to create a winner.

Hall-RNH-Callahan
Perron-Dubinsky-Gagner
Hendricks-Gordon-Lander
Gazdic-Gaustad-Joensuu

Johnson-Weber
Marincin/Klefbom-Petry
Ference-Nurse
Fraser?

Fasth
Scrivens

Are these trades realistic? Would you have to think that these money hungry organizations would consider these younger,cheaper options?

With Nashville being a bottom-feeder again, they may look to spread out their money. Aaron Ekblad, Justin Schultz, and Nail Yakupov seems like a reasonable return for one of the top players in the game. They also avoid paying Weber the 13m he is due on June 27.

Columbus has both Johansen and Anisimov emerging as their top six centres. Dubinsky may be the odd man out as extension discussions have not progressed. Jack Johnson may also be the odd man out with Ryan Murray emerging as a top pairing defender. Is the package of Eberle, Marincin/Klefbom, and a second enough to entice them to move these pieces?

Ryan Callahan has played with Dubinsky and Johnson, and I'm sure has had many a conversation with Messier while they were both involved with the NYR organization. Am I way off base, or could the Oilers pull at least two of these moves off?

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
If Komarov does want to come back to the NHL, what do people think about giving him a Prust type deal?

He was used a lot like how Prust was used in NYR before Montreal gave him his current deal.

Sloth Slothersons*

Why did no other team in the NHL want Hemsky????????????????

He's a good player when healthy and motivated.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
E. Staal could be traded? Could we pull it off?

NTC is the biggest issue, but a 29 y/o Stanley cup winning big strong two-way C who can put up points? Ummmm yes please.

His cap hit will have to be sorted, but I'd very happy consider giving Carolina a little bit extra if they ate a bit of it.

RNH-Staal is a very strong duo down the middle. Put Staal with Hall and Eberle and I think you have a dynamic first line.

I think we also need to keep winning for the rest of the way. Have more incentive to trade our pick away.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Bob McKenzie said that the Sabres would have some interest in taking our 1st for Tyler Myers.

Tyler Myers is such an iffy player for me to want to get. I don't think he's very good, I think he's overpaid, yet with that size, the beast potential is still there. Personally, I'd want someone more proven if I'm dealing that 1st.

Sloth Slothersons*

I'd take Ekblad if he's there. If he's gone, it's a little more tempting.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Bob McKenzie said that the Sabres would have some interest in taking our 1st for Tyler Myers.

Tyler Myers is such an iffy player for me to want to get. I don't think he's very good, I think he's overpaid, yet with that size, the beast potential is still there. Personally, I'd want someone more proven if I'm dealing that 1st.

Unless the pick is 1/2, I think you kinda have to make that trade. Our D needs help now in the worst way, Myers is an offensive d-man that we sorely need that isn't going to need 3-4 years to develop.

I liked Drew Stafford's game tonight too, maybe we should kick the tires on him also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad