Proposal: Proposals Thread: Fix this broken club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Offer the 2015 2nd plus a prospect to Buffalo for Stewart, package Gagner and Petry together for an upgrade on defence, sign Moss, Orpik and Greene, moneyball sign Penner. Most likely drafting 4-5, draft Draistl. Do not trade any of the big 4, give them one more year before making any decisions. Fire all assistant coaches. Hire veteran assistants.

Hall-Gordon-Eberle
Yakupov-RNH-Stewart
Perron-Draistl-Moss
Penner-Lander-Pitlick/Gazdic

Orpik-Gagner/Petry trade
Marincin-Schultz
Ference-Greene

Edit: forgot about Hendricks, cancel the signing of Penner and put Hendricks on the 4th line.

Last edited:

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Offer the 2015 2nd plus a prospect to Buffalo for Stewart, package Gagner and Petry together for an upgrade on defence, sign Moss, Orpik and Greene, moneyball sign Penner. Most likely drafting 4-5, draft Draistl. Do not trade any of the big 4, give them one more year before making any decisions. Fire all assistant coaches. Hire veteran assistants.

Hall-Gordon-Eberle
Yakupov-RNH-Stewart
Perron-Draistl-Moss
Penner-Lander-Pitlick/Gazdic

Orpik-Gagner/Petry trade
Marincin-Schultz
Ference-Greene

First line centre Boyd Gordon? Twin marshmallows in Penner and Stewart?

Woof.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I dunno why everyone has this love affair with Schenn. Don't get me wrong Id like to have him but not straight up for Perron or Yakupov.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
First line centre Boyd Gordon? Twin marshmallows in Penner and Stewart?

Woof.

Obviously Gordon isn't a 1st line C, he'll provide a support role similar to Horcoff. This way the lines are more balanced, with defensive awareness and size spread around the top 9. Save the stacking the offence for the PP. Stewart and Penner might be known as lazy players but they both have skill, are heavy players and will be cheap to acquire. I'd much rather have Hanzal, Lucic and Brown but this will be a way to acquire skilled size without giving up the farm.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
One scenario I thought up just now for the Oilers to make a trade with Buffalo for Myers, if Oilers are still interested, is if the Oilers select 2nd and Buffalo 1st, could we do something like Yakupov and the 2nd to Buffalo for the 1st and Myers? what do people think? Fair? I don't know if Buffalo would do this unless they are set with Reinhart and want Yakupov really badly.

Buffalo doesn't do that. 1st > 2nd, and Myers > Yak.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Obviously Gordon isn't a 1st line C, he'll provide a support role similar to Horcoff. This way the lines are more balanced, with defensive awareness and size spread around the top 9.

IMO, rather than spreading things around, they need to put together a third line that can take on the defensive responsibilities so they can feed easy minutes to the kids.

In: Kulemin, Grabovski
Out: Gagner (for D)

In order of difficulty of competition and zone starts:

Kulemin-Gordon-Hendricks
Hall-Grabovski-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Lander-Pitlick

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
IMO, rather than spreading things around, they need to put together a third line that can take on the defensive responsibilities so they can feed easy minutes to the kids.

Kulemin-Gordon-Hendricks
Hall-Grabovski-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Lander-Pitlick

We all know that Eakin's doesn't line match...

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
In discussing Anisimov with CBJ fans on the main proposal/trade forum, one Jackets fan came up with this offer for Eberle that I like.

Anisimov, Prout, 2014 1st for Eberle.

I think thats as good an offer as we could hope for Ebs. If we sign Kulemin (I want MacT to be aggressive at the draft and trade later picks for negotiating rights - 4th rder for Kulemin's rights should work), a 2nd line of Kulemin-Anisimov-Yakupov would offer good balance thanks to the size and defensive skills of those 2 acquisitions.

Is that top 6 enough of an upgrade over the current one?

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country

Kulemin-Gordon-Hendricks
Hall-Grabovski-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Lander-Pitlick

Love it (minus Smyth on the 4th line, I'd try get someone else instead of him).

Question though, highest you go in terms of contract for Grabovski.

Kulleroinen*

Trade Eberle and RNH for pretty much anything you can get while they still have any value. Addition by substraction.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Sign Nikolai Kulemin
Sign Derek Mackenzie
Trade '14 1st and '15 2nd for Byfuglien and rights to Burmistrov (sign Burmi)
Trade Gagner and Simpson for Kulikov

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Kulemin - Burmistrov - Yakupov
Hendricks - Gordon - Perron
Gazdic - Mackenzie - Lander/Pitlick
Joensuu

Kulikov - Byfuglien
Ference - Schultz
Marincin - Petry

Scrivens
Fasth

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
In discussing Anisimov with CBJ fans on the main proposal/trade forum, one Jackets fan came up with this offer for Eberle that I like.

Anisimov, Prout, 2014 1st for Eberle.

I think thats as good an offer as we could hope for Ebs. If we sign Kulemin (I want MacT to be aggressive at the draft and trade later picks for negotiating rights - 4th rder for Kulemin's rights should work), a 2nd line of Kulemin-Anisimov-Yakupov would offer good balance thanks to the size and defensive skills of those 2 acquisitions.

Is that top 6 enough of an upgrade over the current one?

Sounds reasonable enough. The problem that I can see is if it gives us enough scoring. Yak would have to start producing else we'd only have 1 line with any kind of offensive capability. We'd be a defensive team without good D-men :laugh:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Kulemin-Gordon-Hendricks
Hall-Grabovski-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Lander-Pitlick

This I like a lot. Kulemin and Grabovski would be great additions to this team.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Kulemin should garner quite a bit of attention on the open market and we most likely will have to offer more term and money then everybody else to gain his interest.

He would be a solid addition but how much you willing to overpay?

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
:facepalm:

Nothing beats giving up on 20 year olds in their first signs of struggles. Lots of patience to be had.

HF boards logic. Draft picks and prospects who have never played an NHL game >>>>>>>>>> actual NHL players. These must be moved before they are 25 so their "value" doesn't waste away.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I cringe every time I see a proposal for Buff. Especially when it involves Eberle, Yak or the Pick. The guy looks great on a deep Defense. He will look terrible here

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I dunno why everyone has this love affair with Schenn. Don't get me wrong Id like to have him but not straight up for Perron or Yakupov.

agreed, he is not the defensive centerman that this team needs right now. They need a big young two way centerman that can be counted on in a a shutdown role if need be. Has to be handle the likes of Kopitar, getzlaf , thornton etc.

I think Rhinehart can be that guy, That is why I am all for taking him over Ekblad.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
My god. When did everyone on HFOil start trading away RNH, Eberle and Yakupov for "anything you can get"?

I'm just gonna walk away and see you guys at the draft.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
agreed, he is not the defensive centerman that this team needs right now. They need a big young two way centerman that can be counted on in a a shutdown role if need be. Has to be handle the likes of Kopitar, getzlaf , thornton etc.

I think Rhinehart can be that guy, That is why I am all for taking him over Ekblad.

Are we talking about the same Reinhart?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I cringe every time I see a proposal for Buff. Especially when it involves Eberle, Yak or the Pick. The guy looks great on a deep Defense. He will look terrible here

Might be the best option we have.

Grabo between Hall and Yak would be dynamite, I bet. All of them play kind of similar but would compliment each other. Wouldn't mind signing him at all.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

I'd trade Yakupov straight up for Brayden Schenn in a heartbeat. Perron not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad