Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
A lot of people on the trade board think deals are made in an NHL 14 scenario. If Nashville does trade Weber, they will be dealing from a position of weakness due to that albatross contract. Most teams can't afford that.

Add that to the ridiculous price HF has placed on him- Eberle and a 1st overall and Nurse-that is absolutely ridiculous.

Speaking of trades- If the rumors that Tavares wants out of NY are true, what would you hypothetically give up for him? ( I realize that he wouldn't want to leave NY and come to a worse situation in Edmonton)

I cant tell you how much I agree with you.

You will never get FV for Weber. I realize his true value is Hall+blahblahblah+nurse+20 1st round picks

But if the Oilers were to make a deal for Weber, they would have to offload significant assets to make room. This would likely mean offloading RNH and Perrons contract, plus having limited ability to resign Nurse/Klefbom/whoever. The players RNH return would have to come at a lower salary, and likely have lower ability.

Weber will only be traded once NSH is backed into a corner, and when that happens, he will go to the team that can handle the contract (without offloading too many contracts) or has cap space (meaning they are probably a poor team). His market is probably 4-5 teams

For that reason, he will never return full value. Look at the incident with Pronger in St.Loius. They couldn't afford him, so he was dealt to the Oilers for a fraction of his value.

It is extremely difficult to convey this message on the main board, so Ill stay away from any of those proposals.

If he were to be traded to EDM, it would be Eberle+2nd overall+Nurse. That's not be overvaluing Eberle or Nurse , that's me applying realism.

Hes either not being traded, or being traded for a discount

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Okay guys, making a slight change to my skeleton lineup. Hendricks can stay!

However, I'd like to see it like this then:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-BLANK-Yakupov
BLANK-BLANK-BLANK
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks
Gazdic

Meaning I want to see a more offensive minded No.3 C, a new No.2 all around C, two two-way wingers for line 3 who can interchange with Yak if need be.

Gordon can continue playing nice minutes but at even strength, he'd be 4th line.

If I just fill that with UFAs, we could roll
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Stastny-Yakupov
Penner-Grabovski-Kulemin
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks

but that's not happening

Eberle2Hall2Net*

Oilers : Tavares

Islanders : yakupov + 2014 1st + klefbom + 2nd 2015

Oilers get a true franchise C to play with hall..

Hall - Tavares - eberle
Perron -RNH - big RW

Isles get pieces they can build a franchise around yakupov can be a elite winger and a chance to draft Ekblad as a #1 and klefbom is a great prospect. 2nd just to sweeten it a bit more.

A trade like this with a big D signing would put oilers over the top

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Petry + Gagner for Berglund (not really sure about the value here. We get a big center)
Eberle for Josi (fair trade for both sides. Josi would be our top Dman)
Sign Markov (experienced Dman to mentor Marincin)
Draft Draisaitl (Physically ready for the NHL. Start him on the wing so he is not overwhelmed; adds size to the top 6)

Hall/RNH/Yakupov
Draisaitl/Berglund/Perron

Josi/J.Schultz
Marincin/Markov
Ference/Nurse

Scrivens
Fasth

More size in the top 6
Defense is vastly improved
Playoffs anyone? ;)

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
He needs a new start - @TheUnion36: When is Campbell going to be criticized for his poor play?”
- George Richards

Hmmm....this intrigues me a lot.

Maybe there's a deal to be made here to pick up Brian Campbell?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
- George Richards

Hmmm....this intrigues me a lot.

Maybe there's a deal to be made here to pick up Brian Campbell?

Tallon's the one that paid Campbell in Chicago, and Tallon's the one that traded for him on the Panthers. He also just traded for Luongo, which shows his commitment to win sooner than later. Campbell is his one top-pairing defenceman. Without Campbell, the Panthers fall below the salary-cap floor, which will be increasing next year.

I don't see it.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Tallon's the one that paid Campbell in Chicago, and Tallon's the one that traded for him on the Panthers. He also just traded for Luongo, which shows his commitment to win sooner than later. Campbell is his one top-pairing defenceman. Without Campbell, the Panthers fall below the salary-cap floor, which will be increasing next year.

I don't see it.

The rest, I agree with.

However, I think Florida could keep half of Campbell's salary if they got something worthwhile from us. I know they would like a winger, and maybe Gagner fits the bill. Gagner would also help them increase salary if they are keeping Campbell's half.

Also, if they get 2nd overall, they might end up with Ekblad. Ekblad/Kulikov/Gudbranson would be decent, re-signing Gilbert and going for say, Markov would probably keep them competitive.

The Perfect Human*

Petry + Gagner for Berglund (not really sure about the value here. We get a big center)
Eberle for Josi (fair trade for both sides. Josi would be our top Dman)

Sign Markov (experienced Dman to mentor Marincin)
Draft Draisaitl (Physically ready for the NHL. Start him on the wing so he is not overwhelmed; adds size to the top 6)

Hall/RNH/Yakupov
Draisaitl/Berglund/Perron

Josi/J.Schultz
Marincin/Markov
Ference/Nurse

Scrivens
Fasth

More size in the top 6
Defense is vastly improved
Playoffs anyone? ;)

2 overpays here.

Berglund is a great 2C-type center - but in my mind Petry alone should be enough to fetch a guy like him.
That being said, STL would never dare pick up a guy like Gagner. Easily the weakest link on a team that leans on its depth and systems play for success.

As for Josi - he's a great young talent, but we shouldn't sell Eberle short value-wise. They'd have to add to a Josi package to acquire Ebs.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Yakupov for Byfuglien
Eberle, Arcobello, EDM 2nd in 2015 for Couturier, Voracek
J.Schultz to COL for COL 1st in 2015 and Parenteau at reduced 2.8M cap hit
EDM 2014 1st to BUF for Ehrhoff (reduced salary), Grigorenko, STL 1st/2nd in 2014
EDM 2015 1st, Gagner to FLA for B.Campbell (reduced salary) and FLA 3rd in 2015
Sign Kulemin, Fayne, Smyth

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien
Perron-Couturier-Voracek
Kulemin-Grigorenko-Parenteau
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks

Campbell-Petry
Ehrhoff-Ference
Marincin-Klefbom
Fayne

Scrivens
Fasth

2014 draft pick: STL
2015 draft pick: COL

I'm really bored. This is called "blowing up the team"

Last edited:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
2 overpays here.

Berglund is a great 2C-type center - but in my mind Petry alone should be enough to fetch a guy like him.
That being said, STL would never dare pick up a guy like Gagner. Easily the weakest link on a team that leans on its depth and systems play for success.

As for Josi - he's a great young talent, but we shouldn't sell Eberle short value-wise. They'd have to add to a Josi package to acquire Ebs.

Eberle for Josi is pretty fair IMO. Josi is on pace for a 39 point season, plays 26 minutes a night, faces the toughest competition on the team, and on top of that Nashville uses Josi as the main guy on the top pairing to move the puck. Guy is severely underrated by a lot of posters on here.

As far as Berglund goes I want him but don't see St. Louis biting on a Petry+Gagner deal. Could see them doing a Lander+Klefbom+2nd 2015 type deal for him though. Lander goes back to play with his pal Magnus, Klefbom fills a need for there shallow LHD prospect pool, and they add a 2nd in a really deep draft.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Eberle for Josi is pretty fair IMO. Josi is on pace for a 39 point season, plays 26 minutes a night, faces the toughest competition on the team, and on top of that Nashville uses Josi as the main guy on the top pairing to move the puck. Guy is severely underrated by a lot of posters on here.

As far as Berglund goes I want him but don't see St. Louis biting on a Petry+Gagner deal. Could see them doing a Lander+Klefbom+2nd 2015 type deal for him though. Lander goes back to play with his pal Magnus, Klefbom fills a need for there shallow LHD prospect pool, and they add a 2nd in a really deep draft.

I would not trade Klefbom. You can't teach the way that guy uses his stick defensively, and as his positioning gets better he'll just become better and better. I think he'll become a top tier top 4 d-man in the league when he gets into his prime.

And I think that's a problem that a lot of people have on this board with our players, a lot of them are not even close to their primes, a hockey players prime is usually between 24-29. I'm not going to really worry about any of the guys until they are getting close to 24ish.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I would not trade Klefbom. You can't teach the way that guy uses his stick defensively, and as his positioning gets better he'll just become better and better. I think he'll become a top tier top 4 d-man in the league when he gets into his prime.

And I think that's a problem that a lot of people have on this board with our players, a lot of them are not even close to their primes, a hockey players prime is usually between 24-29. I'm not going to really worry about any of the guys until they are getting close to 24ish.

Can only have so many dmen coming up at a time and if we want a big#2 C, we'll have to give up one of Marincin, Klefbom, or Nurse IMO.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Can only have so many dmen coming up at a time and if we want a big#2 C, we'll have to give up one of Marincin, Klefbom, or Nurse IMO.

Trade Ference and Petry for upgrades on D and keep the young 4. (Schultz, Klefa, Marincin, Nurse)

Eberle + Petry for Schenn + Schenn + Coburn
Ference 50% retained for Johnny Boychuk -
Bruins get Ference back for real cheap, EDM gets someone who fits better (RH physical Dman)

Couburn-Schultz
Marincin-Boychuk
Nurse/Klefbom/Schenn

Draft Draisaitl start him on 4th line

Hall-Gagner-Perron
Schenn-RNH-Yakupov
Hendricks-Gordon-Jones??
Pitlick-Draisaitl-Lander
Gazdic

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Hate to say it but it I feel like it's best to bite the bullet and eat the defensive growing stink and get a top 5 next year.

I just don't see the trade that shores up this defence.

I't really is that pathetic.

We need a #1,2,3 dman. who trades for that!

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Trade Ference and Petry for upgrades on D and keep the young 4. (Schultz, Klefa, Marincin, Nurse)

Bruins get Ference back for real cheap, EDM gets someone who fits better (RH physical Dman)

Couburn-Schultz
Marincin-Boychuk
Nurse/Klefbom/Schenn

Hall-Gagner-Perron
Schenn-RNH-Yakupov
Hendricks-Gordon-Jones??
Pitlick-Draisaitl-Lander
Gazdic

"Hey Andrew, I know we commited long-term to you to bring you back to your hometown and then named you captain, but we think Boychuk's our guy. Our mistake."

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

Couburn-Schultz
Marincin-Boychuk
Nurse/Klefbom/Schenn

Hall-Gagner-Perron
Schenn-RNH-Yakupov
Hendricks-Gordon-Jones??
Pitlick-Draisaitl-Lander
Gazdic

Ya teams are going to want to trade a better d for a worse d. Let's find teams looking to downgrade their skill.

Trades have to be for different components.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Hate to say it but it I feel like it's best to bite the bullet and eat the defensive growing stink and get a top 5 next year.

I just don't see the trade that shores up this defence.

I't really is that pathetic.

We need a #1,2,3 dman. who trades for that!

Its easy to say that, but IMO we really just need that legit #1 guy. If we somehow acquired a Weber, Doughty or Pietrangelo, and players like Petry and Schultz got that big assignment taken off the shoulders, and got to play to their strengths, I cant see us feeling like we need so many guys added back there.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

Couburn-Schultz
Marincin-Boychuk
Nurse/Klefbom/Schenn

Hall-Gagner-Perron
Schenn-RNH-Yakupov
Hendricks-Gordon-Jones??
Pitlick-Draisaitl-Lander
Gazdic

From the Flyer perspective, no chance we would make this deal.

The Perfect Human*

You gotta keep in mind Josi played those minutes alongside Shea Weber - a top-3 defenseman in the NHL. It's the same way MAB looked good playing alongside Pronger in 2005-06. I'm not suggesting that Josi = MAB - because to me Josi is a sublime talent that's likely on the road to Voynov/Shattenkirk/Faulk level exploits - but is that what you'd be open to trading Ebs for?

I mean I think people have generally ***** all over Eberle this year and have even suggested he is a scapegoat. I'm not big fan of him, and I do think a lot of the blame is warranted. That being said he's still a top-notch point producer in this league. I don't think you have to deal him for a "potential" Voynov/Shattenkirk when value-wise he's probably equivalent to a Voynov/Shattenkirk.

The Perfect Human*

The way he uses his stick reminds me of a young Lidstrom. It's ridiculous how with the flick of a wrist with only one-hand on his stick he's so easily able to neutralize people one-on-one. Let's be clear - I'm not suggesting he's anywhere in that tier of player, but it's a rare talent that you don't see much in the NHL.

His positioning is slowly getting better, but to me it's his biggest weakness. Knowing where to be. But that takes most young defensemen some time to learn.

His puck moving ability isn't elite by any stretch, but he seems to always wait that extra necessary second to open up passing lanes before making simple passes - which is an underrated talent. He also has good instincts - for example that foray into the slot he made on his first goal against ANA.

I've always believed he could be the Seabrook to Schultz's Keith (although JS is falling away from that projection big time) - in the way he's built to play a physical game along the boards, be solid defensively, and balance it with a decent 30-40pt offensive potential while playing alongside an offense-first type defenseman.

He seems on track to fulfill this potential IMO. Should be a pleasure to watch develop over the next 1-2 years. To me he seems EXTREMELY raw still.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Oilers : Tavares

Islanders : yakupov + 2014 1st + klefbom + 2nd 2015

Oilers get a true franchise C to play with hall..

Hall - Tavares - eberle
Perron -RNH - big RW

Isles get pieces they can build a franchise around yakupov can be a elite winger and a chance to draft Ekblad as a #1 and klefbom is a great prospect. 2nd just to sweeten it a bit more.

A trade like this with a big D signing would put oilers over the top

Wow that's terrible. Islanders laugh and hang up instantly. Add Eberle and the Isles might not laugh in our faces.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Pipe dream:

1. Trade Gagner + Yakupov for Ladd + Bogosian

2. Sign Ott, Iginla and Meszaros

Hall - RNH - Iginla
Perron - Lander - Eberle
Ladd - Ott - Hendricks
Pitlick - Gordon - Gazdic

Bogosian - Schultz