Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
If you consider Yakupov a bit or a 1st as the pick, we're getting closer

Sorry, but trades aren't made in a vacuum. Despite what the trade board here would have you believe, value and depreciation doesn't stop at a players' skill level or history.

Weber, despite being a huge asset, has a crippling contract. There are maybe, 3 teams that can even afford to take him on. Nashville is moving him at an angle of large weakness. I seriously doubt we could even afford him.

It took Vancouver fans a full year to realize how bad Luongo's contract was and how hard it was to move him because of it, and some still blame Gillis for the value they got (I blame him for the value he let slip).

Eberle and bits/picks is a very fair starting point. No star has ever been moved for another, except for the rare Heatley/Hossa deal. And if Weber does get traded it's going to be for a lot less than what's expected.

I saw RNH/Yakupov/1st+Nurse in the FA forum. I laughed pretty hard as I closed that tab.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Eberle(50% retained as an incentive for the Preds ownership paying massive signing bonuses to Weber already) + Schultz/Nurse + 2014 1st(1/2 overall most likely). This deal becomes a lot easier to do if the Oilers win the lottery and the Preds are able to sell a #1 overall player to the fan base.

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-xxx-Gagner
xxx-Gordon-xxx
Gazdic-Hendricks-Joensuu
xxx

Weber-Petry
Schultz-xxx
Marincin-Ference
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

Horrible value and retaining 50 per is a joke means we pay 11.25 million a year for weber, also gutting offence for weber guess what we become Nashville. Weber great player on a bad team he can't do it himself. Nashville no where near playoffs either.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
A lot of people on the trade board think deals are made in an NHL 14 scenario. If Nashville does trade Weber, they will be dealing from a position of weakness due to that albatross contract. Most teams can't afford that.

Add that to the ridiculous price HF has placed on him- Eberle and a 1st overall and Nurse-that is absolutely ridiculous.

Speaking of trades- If the rumors that Tavares wants out of NY are true, what would you hypothetically give up for him? ( I realize that he wouldn't want to leave NY and come to a worse situation in Edmonton)

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
A lot of people on the trade board think deals are made in an NHL 14 scenario. If Nashville does trade Weber, they will be dealing from a position of weakness due to that albatross contract. Most teams can't afford that.

Add that to the ridiculous price HF has placed on him- Eberle and a 1st overall and Nurse-that is absolutely ridiculous.

Speaking of trades- If the rumors that Tavares wants out of NY are true, what would you hypothetically give up for him? ( I realize that he wouldn't want to leave NY and come to a worse situation in Edmonton)

He is a player I would give a huge package for.

Yak + Gagner + Petry + 2014 1st + 2015 1st for Tavares

Future of....

Hall - Tavares - XXX
Perron - RNH - Eberle

Nurse - YYY
ZZZ - Schultz
Marincin - Ference
Klefbom

XXX - defensive responsible winger with some size, wouldn't need to bring much offensively.

YYY/ZZZ - a veteran defender to mentor the young blue line.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Sorry, but trades aren't made in a vacuum. Despite what the trade board here would have you believe, value and depreciation doesn't stop at a players' skill level or history.

Weber, despite being a huge asset, has a crippling contract. There are maybe, 3 teams that can even afford to take him on. Nashville is moving him at an angle of large weakness. I seriously doubt we could even afford him.

It took Vancouver fans a full year to realize how bad Luongo's contract was and how hard it was to move him because of it, and some still blame Gillis for the value they got (I blame him for the value he let slip).

Eberle and bits/picks is a very fair starting point. No star has ever been moved for another, except for the rare Heatley/Hossa deal. And if Weber does get traded it's going to be for a lot less than what's expected.

I saw RNH/Yakupov/1st+Nurse in the FA forum. I laughed pretty hard as I closed that tab.

Exactly. Chris Pronger, one of the best defensemen in the history of the game, was traded three times in the cap era and never brought a star back in return. I can't think of many other examples of top D moving in their prime, but I think people who think it would take a package like Ebe+Yak+top prospect+prime draft pick aren't really up on the trade market. I might even go so far to say that if Nashville is finding it hard to swallow Weber's money, they won't want another fat contract back. In that case, even Eberle might be too much.

Gagner+Ference+2015 1st and other middling prospect or pick would even be a fair package IMO.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
RNH + one of Eberle/Yakupov is something I could live with for Tavares.

2015 1st for Myers

Giving up RNH for Tavares essentially leaves Edm with the same sh&&&y center depth... Just a higher end #1 I would do all I could to have both.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Giving up RNH for Tavares essentially leaves Edm with the same sh&&&y center depth... Just a higher end #1 I would do all I could to have both.

Would be tough to keep both with a player of Tavares' calibre. I honestly would not mind rolling with Arcobello on the 2nd line again next October. He may not have the sexy size that everyone has their eye on. He's able to win faceoffs and win battles along the boards. Only thing weak is his shot, but put him with someone like Perron, or a sniper.

If RNH goes in a Tavares deal

Hall-Tavares-Gagner
Perron-Arco-Eberle

This would be a fairly productive top 6 to roll with

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Pipedream: Eberle + Nurse + 2015 1st for Weber
Draft Reinhart/Bennett/Draisaitl
Sign Markov
Fire Eakins and hire Laviolette

Hall/RNH/_______
Perron/Draisaitl/Yakupov

Weber/J.Schultz
Marincin/Markov
Ference/Petry

Scrivens
Fasth

If RNH can up his play next year i think this team could at least challenge for a playoff spot

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Exactly. Chris Pronger, one of the best defensemen in the history of the game, was traded three times in the cap era and never brought a star back in return. I can't think of many other examples of top D moving in their prime, but I think people who think it would take a package like Ebe+Yak+top prospect+prime draft pick aren't really up on the trade market. I might even go so far to say that if Nashville is finding it hard to swallow Weber's money, they won't want another fat contract back. In that case, even Eberle might be too much.

Gagner+Ference+2015 1st and other middling prospect or pick would even be a fair package IMO.

Hold on now, if we ignore the Pronger trade to Anaheim due to external circumstances, his trade to Philly brought in a nice haul for Anaheim. He was 34 at the time, he returned Lupul (coming of a 20g and 25g seasons in Philly), Sbisa (highly rated and 19th overall the draft before), 2 1st round picks and a cond. 3rd.

That's a hell of a package for a Pronger. Now consider Weber is younger and signed long term (both a positive as Pronger had a year left IIRC and a negative because humungous big contract).

Will he cost the RNH + Eberle + 2014 1st + cond. 2015 2nd that becomes a 1st if you finish top-4 in the conference type proposals that other fans will immediately drum up? I don't think so, but Gagner + Ference + 2015 1st is not enough for a top-5 D-man in the league.

2014 1st + Eberle is probably close to fair value imo. They can either go Ekblad (Jones-Ekblad anchoring the right side, Josi-Del Zotto the left) or Reinhart in the draft along with a 0.8 PPG producing forward.

Sloth Slothersons*

I'm not the guy that's paid/paying buckets of money for Weber. But I think NSH should trade him, even if it's not to EDM. He would get a huge return, and they're D-core would be fine without him. Jones will be a stud.

They've been this team with no forwards for the longest time.

It's a shame they got **** all for Suter.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Pipedream: Eberle + Nurse + 2015 1st for Weber
Draft Reinhart/Bennett/Draisaitl
Sign Markov
Fire Eakins and hire Laviolette

Hall/RNH/_______
Perron/Draisaitl/Yakupov

Weber/J.Schultz
Marincin/Markov
Ference/Petry

Scrivens
Fasth

If RNH can up his play next year i think this team could at least challenge for a playoff spot
We might be better but definitely not challenging for a playoff spot with a rookie as the #2 center and a defensively bad and struggling winger in Yak alongside him

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Hold on now, if we ignore the Pronger trade to Anaheim due to external circumstances, his trade to Philly brought in a nice haul for Anaheim. H

But if Weber's dealt it would be due to extenuating circumstances.

2014 1st + Eberle is probably close to fair value imo. They can either go Ekblad (Jones-Ekblad anchoring the right side, Josi-Del Zotto the left) or Reinhart in the draft along with a 0.8 PPG producing forward.[/QUOTE]

I think that would do it going away. Maybe throw in a prospect like Pitlick or a something.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We might be better but definitely not challenging for a playoff spot with a rookie as the #2 center and a defensively bad and struggling winger in Yak alongside him

I think Yak will be a lot better next year if we get a new coach such as Laviolette. He will also be in the last year of his ELC. As for Draisaitl, I could see him having a pretty darn good rookie season given his size and skill. It might be overly optimistic but I think Weber and Markov would really bolster our blue line to the point where we could at least challenge for that final playoff spot.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
If weber is going to take what I am hearing I am not gutting my team for one player. Go after Niskanen and sign Hainsey for one year that will improve our dmen a lot and allow our prospects to develop. Get the 2c we need and we are a lot better.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
What about Anisimov and Jenner for Eberle I think that is fair for both teams if we draft Ekblad. If we draft a centre man than the 2c hole is fixed.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I only think the weber trade goes down if we are in draft position to guarantee them Reinhart. Nashville has needed a franchise C forever. I think if that is the center piece it might go down. They are going to need something back to fill the void of Weber so you would think Petry. After that it'll take a couple prospects or picks but I don't think its going to get too crazy. I've seen some stupid suggestions on the main board like Nuge+Hall+1st 2014+1st 2015.:amazed: Nothing that is going to gut the team is going to go down.

At worst I'm thinking something like Reinhart, Petry, 1st 2015, 2nd 2015.

If we are in position to take Ekblad I say screw it and make the pick, forget about Weber. I like Weber but definitely don't look at him in the same way as a Pronger. No point in selling the farm if we can draft a Weber clone of our own.

Last edited:

Sloth Slothersons*

I only think the weber trade goes down if we are in draft position to guarantee them Reinhart. Nashville has needed a franchise C forever. I think if that is the center piece it might go down. They are going to need something back to fill the void of Weber so you would think Petry. After that it'll take a couple prospects or picks but I don't think its going to get too crazy. I've seen some stupid suggestions on the main board like Nuge+Hall+1st 2014+1st 2015.:amazed: Nothing that is going to gut the team is going to go down.

At worst I'm thinking something like Reinhart, Petry, 1st 2015, 2nd 2015.

If we are in position to take Ekblad I say screw it and make the pick, forget about Weber. I like Weber but definitely don't look at him in the same way as a Pronger. No point in selling the farm if we can draft a Weber clone of our own.

Hahah wow that's a terrible offer.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton

Edm
Tavares

NYI
Rnh
Klefbom
2015 first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad