Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Hall (6 mill) - RNH (6 mill) – Eberle (6 mill)
Jokinen (4 mill) - Stastny (7 mill) - Yakupov (3 mill)
Perron (3.9 mill) - Gordon (3 mill) - Hendricks (1.85 mill)
Gazdic (1 mill) - Lander (1 mill) - Pitlick (1 mill)
Clifford (1.1 mill)

Meszaros (5 mill) - Petry (3 mill)
Oduya (3.375 mill) - Schultz (3 mill)
Ference (3.25 mill) - Ekblad (2 mill)
Marincin/Klefbom/Nurse (1 mill)

Scrivens (2.3 mill)
Fasth (2.9 mill)

(70.675 mill)​

Can't say I didn't try.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Hall (6 mill) - RNH (6 mill) – Eberle (6 mill)
Jokinen (4 mill) - Stastny (7 mill) - Yakupov (3 mill)
Perron (3.9 mill) - Gordon (3 mill) - Hendricks (1.85 mill)
Gazdic (1 mill) - Lander (1 mill) - Pitlick (1 mill)
Clifford (1.1 mill)

Meszaros (5 mill) - Petry (3 mill)
Oduya (3.375 mill) - Schultz (3 mill)
Ference (3.25 mill) - Ekblad (2 mill)
Marincin/Klefbom/Nurse (1 mill)

Scrivens (2.3 mill)
Fasth (2.9 mill)

(70.675 mill)​
Can't say I didn't try.
I may be out of date, but you're supposed to calculate the rookie bonuses in to the cap hit. Yakupov and Ekblad would both be capped at $3.75., and I'm doubting Klefbom and Nurse are capped at $0.925. :)

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
In 3 years, the Nuge will still be getting matched up against guys like Kopitar, Getzlaf, Couture, and Hanzal who will all be around 30 years old. Who knows how well he'll ever be able to overcome the physical disadvantage he has against guys like that in the next few years.

Henrik Sedin is 6'2, 188 lbs. He's done just fine.

Seriously, drop the size stuff. Not to mention RNH is 20 and is listed at 6'1 and anywhere between 180 and 185 lbs. Tavares was a little over 190 when he was drafted, almost 19 years old.

Seguin: 6'1, 195. (6'1, 175 when drafted - so 20 pounds heavier at age 22)
Pavelski: 5'11, 190.
Duchene: 5'11, 200.
ROR: 6'0, 200.
Mackinnon: 6'0, 182.

So you really think that:

a) RNH can't possibly gain 15 lbs over the next 3 years to be 6'1, 195-200
b) That to be a center in the Western Conference you need to be 200+ lbs despite the fact that all of the above seem to be doing just fine (and by just fine, I mean constituting a large portion of the top scorers in the Western Conference).

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
RNH + Yakupov for the Staal brothers and Carolina's 1st in 2014(7th overall)
I'd do that without Carolina's 1st. I'm sick of "potential". The Staal brothers don't have the luxury of having top 6 wingers like Hall, Eberle, Perron, and Gagner(I'd put him with J. Staal to cover his defensive gafs). I actually think they would view this as a great opportunity and accept a trade to Edmonton

Does it? I mean you get rid of your young #1 center, keep Sam Gagner and add two guys who aren't carrying their franchise to the promised land.
Moving Eberle and Yakupov is much more palatable imo.
We'd be moving 2 guys that can't carry their franchise out of the gutter.

Hall-E.Staal-Eberle > Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-J.Staal-Gagner > Perron-Gagner-Yakupov

Tavares is the same age as eberle, he is a top 5 C in the league and there is no reason to beleive he wont be as good or better in 10-12 years as he is now. RNH's top end will not equal Tavares', Eberle makes them think about it and a first in a 2015 draft where they might not have a pick gets them to bite.

Hall-Tavares-Yakupov
Perron-Reinhart-xxx is a deadly top 6 even if the xxx is lee stempniak
that xxx could be Gagner.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
What some of you guys are offering are crazy. With our terrible dmen group we would still suck. We have to wait and see what we draft this year. If we get Ekblad we have to go after a centre man and still need a dman. If we draft a centre man then we will need just a dman.

I think that if we draft Ekblad, sign Niskanen put Ekblad in the minors for a year then the following year we can move Petry for a good asset. We would have Niskanen, Schultz, Ekblad as our 3 right shooting dmen.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta

Seriously, drop the size stuff. Not to mention RNH is 20 and is listed at 6'1 and anywhere between 180 and 185 lbs. Tavares was a little over 190 when he was drafted, almost 19 years old.

b) That to be a center in the Western Conference you need to be 200+ lbs despite the fact that all of the above seem to be doing just fine (and by just fine, I mean constituting a large portion of the top scorers in the Western Conference).

I don't know if RNH has the frame to get much higher than 190 lbs while he keeps maturing. I just think his genetics bring a slim build with him so I don't get what your examples of guys with different body types prove. All those guys either came into the league with men's bodies and frames or were on teams where they were properly insulated and utilized. Also none of those guys have the task of being a 1C in the pacific division where most the teams have centers that have some of the best blends of size and skill in the entire league.

I mean RNH is a smart player with a high ceiling and awesome work ethic but those centers aren't going anywhere for the next few years and that's a tall order for him to fill. It's easy to see that it has beaten him down physically and mentally this year.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
I'd do that without Carolina's 1st. I'm sick of "potential". The Staal brothers don't have the luxury of having top 6 wingers like Hall, Eberle, Perron, and Gagner(I'd put him with J. Staal to cover his defensive gafs). I actually think they would view this as a great opportunity and accept a trade to Edmonton

We'd be moving 2 guys that can't carry their franchise out of the gutter.

Hall-E.Staal-Eberle > Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-J.Staal-Gagner > Perron-Gagner-Yakupov

That's my feeling as well. Hall, Eberle and Gagner would have big 2-way players to cover their butt's on D. E. Staal is still producing at close to a point/game as well. If RNH becomes as good as him, we'll be happy. The inclusion of their first is to cover the discrepancy in us dealing so much youth for E. Staal's age. We could concievable pick one of the top C's in this draft and they would be ready to take over for E. Staal when he is on the decline.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Eric Staal turns 30 at the start of next season ... he will be 32/33 (meaning in decline, possibly a rapid one) by the time the Oilers d-corps develops.

No thanks. Pass on the Staals.

Tavares is someone I'd be willing to give up a king's ransom for, because he fits the age range you would want with this group going forward.

Also the "no talent on their wings" ... gimme a break ... Jeff Skinner won the Calder over Taylor Hall and Semin has scored 40 goals in this league and even Ruutu is a good player.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I always laugh my a** of reading these trade proposals on this site... Ignore the fact that both the Staals and Tavares have no trade clauses, let's make up trades for them anyways... LOL hilarious. Here's a news flash - those players GET no trade clauses so they don't have to EVER go to Edmonton and Winnipeg. And debating trading RNH to get Tavares? Like honestly? If Tavares took a dump I would trade RNH for his dump...

Then we go on to talk about trading Yakupov for the 3rd or 4th overall pick this year... Like honestly, if you are typing this, do you think those GMs are THAT stupid? Yakupov is barely an NHLer and has the worst plus minus in the NHL... My bet is he bolts back to Russia with nothing in return to the Oilers, so why would another GM take that risk? You might get a second for him, and no, you won't get that top DMan for him either. C'mon...

I realize the same people that type this junk are the same ones that thought the Oil would get a 2nd or Clifford or something of value for Hemsky... In case you hadn't noticed, these players are not that good. That is until a Hemsky leaves then begets really good... Maybe it wasn't Hemsky all that time, but the whole organization that sucks.

Oh, and the vast vast majority of those free agent signings aren't going to happen either unless there's a horrid overpay.. Like Ference.. And how good did that work? Terrible.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I always laugh my a** of reading these trade proposals on this site... Ignore the fact that both the Staals and Tavares have no trade clauses, let's make up trades for them anyways... LOL hilarious. Here's a news flash - those players GET no trade clauses so they don't have to EVER go to Edmonton and Winnipeg. And debating trading RNH to get Tavares? Like honestly? If Tavares took a dump I would trade RNH for his dump...

Then we go on to talk about trading Yakupov for the 3rd or 4th overall pick this year... Like honestly, if you are typing this, do you think those GMs are THAT stupid? Yakupov is barely an NHLer and has the worst plus minus in the NHL... My bet is he bolts back to Russia with nothing in return to the Oilers, so why would another GM take that risk? You might get a second for him, and no, you won't get that top DMan for him either. C'mon...

I realize the same people that type this junk are the same ones that thought the Oil would get a 2nd or Clifford or something of value for Hemsky... In case you hadn't noticed, these players are not that good. That is until a Hemsky leaves then begets really good... Maybe it wasn't Hemsky all that time, but the whole organization that sucks.

Oh, and the vast vast majority of those free agent signings aren't going to happen either unless there's a horrid overpay.. Like Ference.. And how good did that work? Terrible.
...are you even an Oilers fan?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I think Tavares would waive. He's still young in his career and I don't think he has a family yet.

Gagner was his best friend growing up and he knows Eberle having played on his line in that dramatic World Juniors. And Taylor Hall would be the legit stud winger for him to play with on top of that.

The Staals wouldn't waive though.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I believe that one of Perron or Eberle will be traded. I bet it will be for a 2C.

Yakupov and Gagner have little trade value. Yakupov will improve though so keeping him is smart. Move Gagner to the wing already. I bet he will improve there.

I don't see big changes coming on D. If management is smart they will keep Ekblad and Nurse away from our team. We have Marincin and Klefbom as high end matured prospects. We don't need to rush those younger prospects. We will likely re-sign Petry and Schultz.

Maybe we could sign one of those college free agents.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
...are you even an Oilers fan?

Yes, I am, and have been for a long time... Organized group trips, bought tickets in the golds for years, a couple years had flex packs... Live in SK now and last year went on 4 separate road trips to Edmonton to 5 games, 8 tickets per so I could bring brother, his wife and son along with my kids. Add in a Schwack of jerseys, and other stuff... So yes, I WAS a fan... Now? I don't know anymore. This team is beyond doomed and is many years away from competing even best case scenario. Their incompetence as an organization has made a difficult sell to players an almost impossible one, so quality free agents won't come either. Taylor Hall is the only complete stud player on this team - no wonder hes so pissed. It's a long dark tunnel with marginal and flawed talent. So I guess I'm depressed or have rage issues because of it, not sure...

All I know is this - Katz will not ever see another dollar of mine as long as the old boys club sticks together. My kids enjoyed our trip to Toronto this year more anyways, and we're going to catch a game in Calgary and go skiing as well instead. No place else in pro sports holds onto old players and puts them in over their heads in management positions, then holds a gun to taxpayers heads to fund his stadium projectI hope they get smoked tonight AND they get crushed in the draft lottery... Enough with getting rewarded over and over again for failure.

But for some reason I still come on here and read....

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009

Henrik Sedin hasn't won a damn thing and in the crunch never pulls through. Fun player to watch, dynamic in the regular season but soft as all hell. We do not want RNH to end up being Sedin.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Just a little fact for guys doubting a 20 year old center and questioning his play lately, Oilers have been out scored 16 to 4 in the last 3 games RNH is only -1, he will be fine, him and Hall are only Oilers I'm not worried about. Also as far as his size, even if he tops out in the mid 190's he will start to gain what I call old man strength as he gets into his mid 20's which will help him big time, it is possible to be lean and still very strong, he will just have to work a little harder every off season and I don't see that being a problem with him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Henrik Sedin hasn't won a damn thing and in the crunch never pulls through. Fun player to watch, dynamic in the regular season but soft as all hell. We do not want RNH to end up being Sedin.

Eh, the Sedins took the Canucks to several president trophies and a winner takes all game 7 shot at a Stanley Cup. They lost, but right now for the Oilers to say they wouldn't want a crack at that is insane.

I'd be very pleased if RNH turns out like the Henrik Sedin, he's been a ppg player give or take for 8 straight seasons prior to this one.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Glenn Healy was on Bob McCown's show yesterday talking about how the Preds ownership has become more and more disgruntled with the Preds recent lack of success, Barry Trotz, and Shea Weber's contract.

They mentioned that they are putting pressure on Polie to make a move in the coming future, and that it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that they would try and move Weber for talent at the forward position, given the depth on defense and the coming of Seth Jones.

They mentioned an obvious potential trading partner: the Edmonton Oilers.

I thought it was an interesting theory that makes sense. If the Preds owners want it to happen, it very well could happen.

So... make some proposals!

Aaaaand GO!

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Aaaaand GO!
Eberle(50% retained as an incentive for the Preds ownership paying massive signing bonuses to Weber already) + Schultz/Nurse + 2014 1st(1/2 overall most likely). This deal becomes a lot easier to do if the Oilers win the lottery and the Preds are able to sell a #1 overall player to the fan base.

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-xxx-Gagner
xxx-Gordon-xxx
Gazdic-Hendricks-Joensuu
xxx

Weber-Petry
Schultz-xxx
Marincin-Ference
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Eberle(50% retained as an incentive for the Preds ownership paying massive signing bonuses to Weber already) + Schultz/Nurse + 2014 1st(1/2 overall most likely). This deal becomes a lot easier to do if the Oilers win the lottery and the Preds are able to sell a #1 overall player to the fan base.

That's a wicked overpay.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Did anyone forget that Glenn Healy is a terrible source?

Anyways, on D it's interesting, Petry/Marincin/Klefbom all have pretty decent defensive skills, makes me wonder if we are making a D package if we should move Justin Schultz.

Or, even moving him to say, Colorado for a 1st rounder in 2015 is an interesting move.

Also, I'm guessing Philly wouldn't consider Gagner + Yak + COL 1st 2015 for Couturier and Voracek, or would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad