Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
Those deals were low risk due to the fact that most of those players were declining already or are old

What? Aside from Jagr none of them are old. Gilbert is 31, MacArthur 28, Pouliot 27, Penner 31.

Clarkson is 29 and was a terrible deal. Weiss is 30. Horton 28. Where are you even getting this from?

Not to mention the targets in question that are being discussed (Bolland and Markov) are 27 and 35, respectively, and both have injury histories that make Hemsky look like an ironman.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Um, someone please explain why Columbus would move Anisimov for me?

They're not tight for cash and simply put...the Umberger, Anisimov, Atkinson line is as solid a 3rd line as you'll find in the league.

McDeathbyCheerios*

They're not tight for cash and simply put...the Umberger, Anisimov, Atkinson line is as solid a 3rd line as you'll find in the league.
Scoring help perhaps. They just missed playoffs last year and might again this year.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I think Anisimov is a really good, realistic target. He would add much needed size to the top six, could get along nicely with Yak, and could be expendable in Columbus.

I would prefer to target Dubinsky out of Columbus. Anisimov has decent size but does not possess the bite we lack in the top 6. Tyutin and Dubinsky would be godsends. We would have to extend Dubinsky at close to 5.5-6 per year as he is a UFA after next year. That would probably be the reason CBJ would move him, with Johanson's ELC up after this year and a long term deal going to him. If they feel Ryan Murray is ready for more minutes, Tyutin may be available. They traded away Gaborik and could use one of our young skilled forwards.

Eberle or Perron and 2015 1st for Dubinsky and Tyutin

Marincin for Boychuck

Yakupov for Lazar and Cowen

Gagner, Klefbom, 2014 1st (if Ekblad is gone) for Ladd and Byfugien

Hall Dubinsky Perron/Eberle
Ladd RNH Byfugien
Lander Gordon Lazar
Hendricks Arcobello UFA/Gazdic

Tyutin Boychuck
Cowen Petry
Ferrence Schultz

Scrivens/Fasth

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012

Umberger and Atkinson have been healthy scratches on several occasions this year so that's pretty debatable.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
I think Dubinsky will be easier to get over Anisimov if Columbus doesn't want to pay his price for a new contract.

What about a combination of Eberle/Perron + Schultz/Marincin for Dubinsky + Tyutin

That would give us a 1C and 1D going into next year but not sure if the Jackets would move those kind of pieces, especially if they make the playoffs

McDeathbyCheerios*

I think Dubinsky will be easier to get over Anisimov if Columbus doesn't want to pay his price for a new contract.

What about a combination of Eberle/Perron + Schultz/Marincin for Dubinsky + Tyutin

That would give us a 1C and 1D going into next year but not sure if the Jackets would move those kind of pieces, especially if they make the playoffs
Eberle + Any other d prospect hopefully

ChefTO

Jan 13, 2010
Hall - ???? - Iginla
Perron - RNH - Yak
Lander - Gordon - Downie
Gazdic - Hendricks -Pitlick
Arco

Dubinsky might be an option for #1 c spot...
Maybe Zajac

Def
guys that might be easier to target but might work out for us are...
Mezjaros
Quincey
Greene

Mezjarzos Schultz
Marincin Petry
Ference Rookie / Quincey / Greene

Iginla might very well be a challenge to get, but if he gets his cup this year... he might be interested in finishing up with his hometown team... he still has a house in Edmonton.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hall - ???? - Iginla
Perron - RNH - Yak
Lander - Gordon - Downie
Gazdic - Hendricks -Pitlick
Arco

Dubinsky might be an option for #1 c spot...
Maybe Zajac

Def
guys that might be easier to target but might work out for us are...
Mezjaros
Quincey
Greene

Mezjarzos Schultz
Marincin Petry
Ference Rookie / Quincey / Greene

Iginla might very well be a challenge to get, but if he gets his cup this year... he might be interested in finishing up with his hometown team... he still has a house in Edmonton.
Iginla and Hall together would be beautiful

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Eberle + Any other d prospect hopefully

I would be willing to sacrifice one of the guys to bring in an experienced guy like Tyutin. That's probably would it would take if CBJ has any interest in doing that deal.

It will suck seeing them flourish somewhere else but at least we bring in a guy who will do a better job helping further the development of young prospects that we'll still have like Marincin/Schultz, Nurse, and Klefbom. Especially if we can add Ekblad.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Someone like Iggy or Jagr can be slow if they're on a line with Hall. They'll be lethal. Creating space down low, let a 2-way centre threat who can pass decently and you've got an amazing line.

Does anyone have a contingent other than Arcobello for trading Gagner? Not being a d*ck, just being curious. RNH/Lander|Arcobello would give us the worst 1/2 punch in the league by a country mile, and kill me for saying it, worse than RNH/Gagner.

Last edited:

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
No reason Iginla would come to this mess and I'm not sure I'd even want him. Doubt he could cut it in the real conference anymore. Let him pad his stats in the east.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Someone like Iggy or Jagr can be slow if they're on a line with Hall. They'll be lethal. Creating space down low, let a 2-way centre threat who can pass decently and you've got an amazing line.

Does anyone have a contingent other than Arcobello for trading Gagner? Not being a dick, just being curious. RNH/Lander|Arcobello would give us the worst 1/2 punch in the league by a country mile, and kill me for saying it, worse than RNH/Gagner.
Our problem is we don't have a number 1 center even if Gagner stays. Our center depth Imo goes
????
RNH
Arcobello
Gordon
Lander
Hendricks
Horak

We need a guy to either be that top center or just hold on till RNH is ready

Mcnofool6110

Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Our problem is we don't have a number 1 center even if Gagner stays. Our center depth Imo goes
????
RNH
Arcobello
Gordon
Lander
Hendricks
Horak

We need a guy to either be that top center or just hold on till RNH is ready

Sigh. There are just so many problems with this team.

Anyone for offering a gigantic contract to Paul Stastny? Stastny-RNH-Gordon-Lander. That's not... terrible. Get a good winger (Iginla probably won't come here, but we can dream), push Perron down...

McDeathbyCheerios*

[Then sign E=nofool6110;82369461]Sigh. There are just so many problems with this team.

Anyone for offering a gigantic contract to Paul Stastny? Stastny-RNH-Gordon-Lander. That's not... terrible. Get a good winger (Iginla probably won't come here, but we can dream), push Perron down...[/QUOTE]
If it's true that Colorado won't pay him more then 5, I'd pay him six for say 2 years then sign Grabovski and run

Statsny/RNH/Grabo/Gordon

Mcnofool6110

Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
If it's true that Colorado won't pay him more then 5, I'd pay him six for say 2 years then sign Grabovski and run

Statsny/RNH/Grabo/Gordon

Round it out by signing Kulemin and Moss, retaining Smyth

Hall-Stastny-Yakupov
Kulemin-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Grabovski-Lander
Pitlick-Gordon-Moss
Smyth/Gazdic

Now, on to the defence corps.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Do you guys see any teams that might be in salary cap trouble next year and might be looking to unload some salary? (ie. St. Louis and David Perron). Would be great if MacT could get find a deal like that again. Or is this probably less likely to happen with the salary cap going up?

Mcnofool6110

Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Do you guys see any teams that might be in salary cap trouble next year and might be looking to unload some salary? (ie. St. Louis and David Perron). Would be great if MacT could get find a deal like that again. Or is this probably less likely to happen with the salary cap going up?

Maybe Chicago, with the twin wonders of Kane and Toews needing a new contract in the next year and only having about 4 million in space for the offseason anyways.

Not that he's expendable, but if they can pursue a high-level defensive free agent, we could attempt to acquire Johnny Oduya - needless to say he'd be a disaster here playing #1 minutes, but hey.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Pittsburgh has 15 mill in cap space and have to sign 8 players and a few of those could ask for a bit. But a bunch are bottom six as well

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
Completely aware - just using a hyperbolic argument to show that size and +/- are irrelevant to defensive ability.

Really?

So Yakupov's league leading -33 has no correlation to poor defensive ability?

So Bergeron's league leading +36 has no correlation to strong defensive ability?

Is that really what you're saying?

Mcnofool6110

Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Pittsburgh has 15 mill in cap space and have to sign 8 players and a few of those could ask for a bit. But a bunch are bottom six as well

On Pittsburgh, I think that's why the bidding goes for someone like Brandon Sutter, who hasn't been at all good in Pitts. If they can get a better third line centre on the free agent cycle, or if we can offer them a cheap centre/top 6er to play with Crosby (Marty St. Arcobello), maybe we can pry him out.

RNH/Sutter... we're not there yet, but that's a Perron deal we can try for.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

The Caps look like a team that be in that situation, the Bruins as well, always the Flyers and the Hawks with both Kane and Toews to re-sign next year.

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
Really?

So Yakupov's league leading -33 has no correlation to poor defensive ability?

So Bergeron's league leading +36 has no correlation to strong defensive ability?

Is that really what you're saying?

Wow, I love how you're comparing Bergeron, who plays for the team with the 3rd most goals per game and the 2nd best goals against per game, against Yakupov, who plays for the team with the 3rd worst goals against per game and the 7th worst goals per game, as if comparing these two has even some semblance of merit when it comes to +/-.

I guess Jeff Schultz should have won the Norris in 09-10 seeing as he was +50.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
[Then sign E=nofool6110;82369461]Sigh. There are just so many problems with this team.

Anyone for offering a gigantic contract to Paul Stastny? Stastny-RNH-Gordon-Lander. That's not... terrible. Get a good winger (Iginla probably won't come here, but we can dream), push Perron down...

Statsny/RNH/Grabo/Gordon[/QUOTE]

Heh heh, my thoughts exactly. Have Lander as a winger on 3rd or 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad