Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
As a poster mentioned a few pages back, Eberle for Josi makes the most sense.

Young, locked in long term at good contract, solid #2 d-man who would clearly be our #1.

I'm pretty leery of any guy who logs the kind of minutes he does with Shea Weber. You don't give up Eberle for Josi unless you know the latter can actually drive the bus.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
As a poster mentioned a few pages back, Eberle for Josi makes the most sense.

Young, locked in long term at good contract, solid #2 d-man who would clearly be our #1.

It doesn't really make much sense for Nashville considering the rumblings that they will explore their options on the trade market for Weber are getting louder.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I'm pretty leery of any guy who logs the kind of minutes he does with Shea Weber. You don't give up Eberle for Josi unless you know the latter can actually drive the bus.

This might be the case if Josi hadn't been the best player in the 2013 World Hockey Championships and add in his phenomenal 20 year old rookie season in the AHL.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
It doesn't really make much sense for Nashville considering the rumblings that they will explore their options on the trade market for Weber are getting louder.

Maybe. I just don't see why you trade him now after giving him the bonus money he's been paid the last 2 summers....the poison pill has already been eaten.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Maybe. I just don't see why you trade him now after giving him the bonus money he's been paid the last 2 summers....the poison pill has already been eaten.

There is still 28 mill the next two years, and then another 24 mill the following two years, that's a ton of money for a market like Nashville to bear.

Which is probably why we've been hearing from Friedman and others that Nashville's owners might decide to trade him before the next signing bonus is due. They aren't all that interested in paying that kind of money out to one player on a non-competitive team.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Would you guys rather trade Eberle for Josi or our 2014 1st pick (assuming top 2) for Josi and Maybe Nashville adding something small?

I'd rather trade the pick. Eberle is our only proven RW with scoring ability and if Yak doesn't pan out then we have no top 6 RWers. I'm sure the Preds would love to add Ekblad to Jones and Weber

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Would you guys rather trade Eberle for Josi or our 2014 1st pick (assuming top 2) for Josi and Maybe Nashville adding something small?

I'd rather trade the pick. Eberle is our only proven RW with scoring ability and if Yak doesn't pan out then we have no top 6 RWers. I'm sure the Preds would love to add Ekblad to Jones and Weber

Please justify why Nashville would want a draft pick rather then a proven scoring forward?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

Why are people putting so much stock into "rumblings" fabricated by the likes of Friedman, Healey, etc., when LeBrun reported a direct quote from Poile saying "we get calls on him all the time, but we are not trading him." They've already paid 25% of a 14 year contract in only 2 years. If they are honestly cash strapped, wouldn't it make less sense to move him? Not to mention the negative backlash from the fan base could affect ticket sales/jersey sales, causing them to lose the same money they think they are saving.

If money is that big an issue, why did they spend so freely in UFA last year? And why wouldn't those players be the first to go in cost cutting moves?

If there is a remote chance Weber is available, it's in a deal that makes them better. So think of what type of deal that would have to be for a team to part with arguably the best D man in the game and actually get better. I've discussed with plenty of Preds fans (prior to the Poile comment) and they were on the fence about Hall+Eberle, and I don't blame them. It would likely cost more than that.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Why are people putting so much stock into "rumblings" fabricated by the likes of Friedman, Healey, etc., when LeBrun reported a direct quote from Poile saying "we get calls on him all the time, but we are not trading him." They've already paid 25% of a 14 year contract in only 2 years. If they are honestly cash strapped, wouldn't it make less sense to move him? Not to mention the negative backlash from the fan base could affect ticket sales/jersey sales, causing them to lose the same money they think they are saving.

If money is that big an issue, why did they spend so freely in UFA last year? And why wouldn't those players be the first to go in cost cutting moves?

If there is a remote chance Weber is available, it's in a deal that makes them better. So think of what type of deal that would have to be for a team to part with arguably the best D man in the game and actually get better. I've discussed with plenty of Preds fans (prior to the Poile comment) and they were on the fence about Hall+Eberle, and I don't blame them. It would likely cost more than that.

Saving 52 million over the next 4 years could be motivation enough, especially for a team that isn't making the playoffs now, or in the near future.

Not to mention the same rumors that have ownership thinking about moving Weber, also point out that Poile and Trotz might be on the way out as well. So Poile can say whatever he wants, it might not be up to him.

We'll see what happens, but it does sound like there might be a shake up coming in Nashville.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Saving 52 million over the next 4 years could be motivation enough, especially for a team that isn't making the playoffs now, or in the near future.

Not to mention the same rumors that have ownership thinking about moving Weber, also point out that Poile and Trotz might be on the way out as well. So Poile can say whatever he wants, it might not be up to him.

We'll see what happens, but it does sound like there might be a shake up coming in Nashville.

If it's true that Poile is actually on his was out I highly doubt that ownership is going to let him make the Weber deal before he gets fired.

I think it'd be one or the other.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005

I have no idea if Weber will ever be on the market or not, as do the majority of people speculating. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened because they're going to need to do something drastic in the future if they are even considering going anywhere.

However, the bolded is simply ridiculous. Name any transaction in recent memory that would take the equivalent of Philly giving up Giroux and Voracek PLUS to land a top 3-4 defenceman.

It's completely out of range...The return won't be near that if it actually happens, despite what some fans might want/think.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton

I bet Nashville would be saying the same thing about Eberle (playing with Hall)

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Why are people putting so much stock into "rumblings" fabricated by the likes of Friedman, Healey, etc., when LeBrun reported a direct quote from Poile saying "we get calls on him all the time, but we are not trading him."

Why should we believe the GM, though?

If there is a remote chance Weber is available, it's in a deal that makes them better. So think of what type of deal that would have to be for a team to part with arguably the best D man in the game and actually get better. I've discussed with plenty of Preds fans (prior to the Poile comment) and they were on the fence about Hall+Eberle, and I don't blame them. It would likely cost more than that

If Weber gets traded, the return will surprise you more than the last headline you clicked on Upworthy. I'm thinking something like a top six forward, a good prospect and picks. Fans don't know s**t from shinola.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
I think Nashville will be going for Mcdavid or Eichel next year and i dont think you can do that with Weber in the lineup.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
This team needs a right shooting dman to move Petry and Schultz down one spot. We know how hard it is to get them I would sign Niskanen for 5 yrs and Hainsey for 1 yr. that would move everyone down a spot and only one of klefbom or Marincin starting next year. Those two would improve the back end a lot.

Up front they have to find a 2c one of Anisimov Dubinsky Berglund or couturier
Sign Kuli and Downie for third line we are good to go

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
When Weber gets traded it will be for picks and players still on their ELC so that Nashville can control the players. You'd have to narrow down the rich clubs that have the proper assets that Nashville wants to figure out what his destination would be if he got traded. That's why I think Edmonton could be his most likely destination. You have some high draft picks, players on ELC or expiring ELC and a rich owner in a city with a booming economy.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
However, the bolded is simply ridiculous. Name any transaction in recent memory that would take the equivalent of Philly giving up Giroux and Voracek PLUS to land a top 3-4 defenceman.

It's completely out of range...The return won't be near that if it actually happens, despite what some fans might want/think.

Why should we believe the GM, though?

If Weber gets traded, the return will surprise you more than the last headline you clicked on Upworthy. I'm thinking something like a top six forward, a good prospect and picks. Fans don't know s**t from shinola.

So you guys do realize that 4 1sts wasn't appealing which is why the Preds matched. Realizing the Preds were poised to match, the Flyers tried to negotiate a deal to convince the Preds not to match (where they'd see a couple of the firsts returned in exchange for players). Nothing was ever confirmed, but speculation had Read+Couturier for two of the picks back, but that clearly didn't get it done. So my question is why would the price suddenly be lower when they've already paid 25% of a 14 year deal in the first 2 years?

Everyone wants to use the Pronger deal(s) as some template, but that's just absurd. Both times the team acquiring Pronger clearly won the trade. Weber is younger than Pronger was at the time, is his teams captain, and has already cost a lot to keep. The two situations have nothing in common.

It's also funny that people want to use past deals as the standard regardless of the result. Believe it or not, GM's do smarten up, and a perfect example is the trade deadline. If you were to use the Penner trade from a previous deadline, Vanek should have returned 4 1sts. He didn't.

If you use logic, you'll see there is no reason for the Preds to trade Weber. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad