Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
I don't know why everyone keeps including Eberle in deals. Yak will go way before the Oilers think about moving Eberle. He is locked up, has chemistry with Hall and Nuge and is a fan favorite.

I think its time to stop including him in fantasy proposals. It will never happen.

Yakupov doesn't have chemistry with one single guy on our team. Trade the Russian 10 times out of 10.

I proposed a trade and signings and a full lineup in this thread (post 537 I believe) and I didn't trade either Ebs or Yak. That lineup IMO is close to a playoff team.

People would be surprised how much smart signings and trading our top pick can do for the team.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I don't know why everyone keeps including Eberle in deals. Yak will go way before the Oilers think about moving Eberle. He is locked up, has chemistry with Hall and Nuge and is a fan favorite.

I think its time to stop including him in fantasy proposals. It will never happen.

Yakupov doesn't have chemistry with one single guy on our team. Trade the Russian 10 times out of 10.

Everyone plays well with Hall. Yak and Hall play amazing together. Eberle doesn't do much without him.

Also, Eberle will get more of a return right now.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Reunite Yak with Galchenyuk.

I would take Eller and Gorges for Yakupov and _______

Flip Gagner for a defenseman and we are ahead of the game.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Here's my realisticish off season plan.

Edm 2014 1st + Gernat
For
Hanzal + Korpikoski

Get that center to match up against the west, he is ready now and is essentially a developed Leon D. As well as a good 3rd liner.

Pitlick + Lander
For
Berglund

Bring in more size and another player from a winning atmosphere. Can play center and wing.

Yakupov + '15 2nd + Musil
for
Edler + Horvat + 1st

Brings in a veteran top 4 dman, a good prospect and replaces the first that was given to PHX.

Marincin
For
Boychuck

Like Marincin alot but to many young dman coming in at same time, bring in another player with size from a winning culture with a slightly lower ceiling then Marincin might reach.

Draft Virtanaan/Ritchie/Perlini

Lineup:

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Perron - Hanzal - Gagner
Korpikoski - Berglund - Horvat
Gazdic - Gordon - Hendricks

Edler - Boychuck
Klefbom - Schultz
Petry - Ference
Nurse

Scrivens
Fasth

BOOM playoffs!!!

Last edited:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

because he is a one way player, has a long term contract and is worth the most out of the expendable players. Yakupov has the higher ceiling and also plays very well with hall while being 3 -4 years younger.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Reunite Yak with Galchenyuk.

I would take Eller and Gorges for Yakupov and _______

Flip Gagner for a defenseman and we are ahead of the game.

Eller is a third line center and not even very good. Gorges is a good decent dman. It'll take more to get Yak

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013

Edm 2014 1st + Gernat
For
Hanzal + Korpikoski

Get that center to match up against the west, he is ready now and is essentially a developed Leon D. As well as a good 3rd liner.

Pitlick + Lander
For
Berglund

Bring in more size and another player from a winning atmosphere. Can play center and wing.

Yakupov + '15 2nd + Pitlick
for
Edler + Horvat + 1st

Brings in a veteran top 4 dman, a good prospect and replaces the first that was given to PHX.

Marincin
For
Boychuck

Like Marincin alot but to many young dman coming in at same time, bring in another player with size from a winning culture with a slightly lower ceiling then Marincin might reach.

Lineup:

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Perron - Hanzal - Gagner

Edler - Boychuck
Klefbom - Schultz
Petry - Ference
Nurse

Scrivens
Fasth

BOOM playoffs!!!

Add in Gagner + 3rd to Columbus for Foligno (top 6 size) and sign one of Niskanen or Nikitin and I like it a lot.

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM

Edm 2014 1st + Gernat
For
Hanzal + Korpikoski

Pitlick + Lander
For
Berglund

Yakupov + '15 2nd + Musil
for
Edler + Horvat + 1st

Marincin
For
Boychuck

Lineup:

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Perron - Hanzal - Gagner

Edler - Boychuck
Klefbom - Schultz
Petry - Ference
Nurse

Scrivens
Fasth

BOOM playoffs!!!

I absolutely love that. The pick for Hanzal and Lander+Pitlick for Berglund are both brilliant.

No way the Edler or Boychuk deals would go through though. I don't see either team biting on those.

Van will want Horvat if they're dealing Kesler. They could also likely get a better package for Edler, and he has a NTC he likely wouldn't waive to come here.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Add in Gagner + 3rd to Columbus for Foligno (top 6 size) and sign one of Niskanen or Nikitin and I like it a lot.

I'm on board for that. Edm finally has center and D depth.

Centers

RNH
Hanzal
Berglund
Horvat
Gordon

Defense

Nurse
Edler
Boychuck
Klefbom
Schultz
Petry
Ference
Niskanan/Nikitin

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Edm 2014 1st + Gernat
For
Hanzal + Korpikoski

PHX would never go for that. It would take a crazy overpayment to get Hanzal out of there. Why would they get rid of their center to match up in the pacific/west who is on a very good deal?

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
I absolutely love that. The pick for Hanzal and Lander+Pitlick for Berglund are both brilliant.

No way the Edler or Boychuk deals would go through though. I don't see either team biting on those.

Van will want Horvat if they're dealing Kesler. They could also likely get a better package for Edler, and he has a NTC he likely wouldn't waive to come here.

I agree the Canucks deal is a bit of a stretch, but was proposed on main board by Canucks fan.

I would probably take as a Oiler fan as well.

Yak + 2nd + prospect for Edler + Hansen + 1st

I think Bruins might take the Marincin deal, maybe add a 3rd or something from Edm. Gives them a young, cheap NHL ready dman that can somewhat replace Boychuck's minutes, but most importantly gives them the cap relief needed, think the Chara/Marincin connection couldn't hurt either.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
PHX would never go for that. It would take a crazy overpayment to get Hanzal out of there. Why would they get rid of their center to match up in the pacific/west who is on a very good deal?

A top 3 pick for Hanzal is a crazy overpayment IMO, but from a Oiler standpoint couldn't address a team need better.

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
Doesn't it make sense to try and package Petry with Gagner+ a combination of prospects and draft picks and see whether it'll bring back a solid big 2nd line centre or a top pairing Dman?

I just don't feel like Eberle or Yakupov MUST be included in a deal to bring back someone to stabilize the blue line or the top 6.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
A top 3 pick for Hanzal is a crazy overpayment IMO, but from a Oiler standpoint couldn't address a team need better.

Top draft picks are nice to ooze about their potential but I just don't see PHX creating a hole that a 6'6 240 lbs top 6 center fills playing in the pacific. I don't think you'll find any Coyote fans who would be on board with that.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Top draft picks are nice to ooze about their potential but I just don't see PHX creating a hole that a 6'6 240 lbs top 6 center fills playing in the pacific. I don't think you'll find any Coyote fans who would be on board with that.

You might be right, but in my thinking hockey is a business first and game second. Who ever PHX drafts top 3 (reinhart/Bennett) would instantly become their most marketable player(maybe OEL is still) and I would think that would be alot of incentive for the new owners.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
To Florida:
Yakupov + Gagner for Campbell + Bergenheim

To WASH:
Musil + 4th round pick for Laich

Sign:
Steve Downie (4 mill per)
Jeff Petry (3 mill per)
Justin Schultz (3 mill per)
Andre Maszaros (4.5 per)

FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Ryan Nugent-Hopkins ($6.000m) / Steve Downie ($4.000m)
David Perron ($3.813m) / Brooks Laich ($4.500m) / Jordan Eberle ($6.000m)
Sean Bergenheim ($2.750m) / Boyd Gordon ($3.000m) / Anton Lander ($0.900m)
Luke Gazdic ($0.699m) / Matt Hendricks ($1.850m) / Jesse Joensuu ($0.950m)
Mark Arcobello ($0.900m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.500m)
Martin Marincin ($0.730m) / Jeff Petry ($3.000m)
Andrew Ference ($3.250m) / Justin Schultz ($3.000m)
Oscar Klefbom ($0.894m) /

GOALTENDERS
Viktor Fasth ($2.900m)
Ben Scrivens ($2.300m)
BUYOUTS
Eric Belanger ($0.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,078,042; BONUSES: $490,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,021,958

BOOM! 2 million in space to improve the bottom-6 even more if you want. Acquire Laich cheap due to his contract and bad year. Him, Downie and Bergenheim add balance and much needed grit to the top-9. Defence is improved majorly aswell. Definitely think this team could get into playoffs next year.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
To Florida:

To WASH:

Sign:
Jeff Petry (3 mill per)
Andre Maszaros (4.5 per)

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS
Viktor Fasth ($2.900m)
Ben Scrivens ($2.300m)
BUYOUTS
Eric Belanger ($0.000m)

------

BOOM! 2 million in space to improve the bottom-6 even more if you want. Acquire Laich cheap due to his contract and bad year. Him, Downie and Bergenheim add balance and much needed grit to the top-9. Defence is improved majorly aswell. Definitely think this team could get into playoffs next year.

Campbell has not been playing like a top pairing Dman and by the time the Oilers are ready to actually do anything in the playoffs Campbell will be too far past his prime.

McDeathbyCheerios*

You might be right, but in my thinking hockey is a business first and game second. Who ever PHX drafts top 3 (reinhart/Bennett) would instantly become their most marketable player(maybe OEL is still) and I would think that would be alot of incentive for the new owners.
On top of that teams like Phoenix that are always just in the playoffs or just out sometimes need a shake up to make things propel forward. Sometimes that can be brining a young motivated guy in to spark the teams energy

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
To Florida:

To WASH:

Sign:
Jeff Petry (3 mill per)
Andre Maszaros (4.5 per)

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS
Viktor Fasth ($2.900m)
Ben Scrivens ($2.300m)
BUYOUTS
Eric Belanger ($0.000m)

------

I do not like this at all. Meszaros as a top 2 Dman makes me cry as well

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Campbell has not been playing like a top pairing Dman and by the time the Oilers are ready to actually do anything in the playoffs Campbell will be too far past his prime.

I do not like this at all. Meszaros as a top 2 Dman makes me cry as well

Upgrading the likes of Fraser, Larsen and Belov to Campbell and Meszaros would be a major addition to the Oilers.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Upgrading the likes of Fraser, Larsen and Belov to Campbell and Meszaros would be a major addition to the Oilers.

Downie at 4 is dumb, don't like laich as our 2C, Lander is not a third line player and Campbell isn't very good defensively And lastly yak and Gagner for Campbell (who will be a lot worse when we actually contend) and bergenheim is a terrible trade for us.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Downie at 4 is dumb, don't like laich as our 2C, Lander is not a third line player and Campbell isn't very good defensively And lastly yak and Gagner for Campbell (who will be a lot worse when we actually contend) and bergenheim is a terrible trade for us.

Campbell has defensive lapses but he's improved his two-way play in the last few years. He'd be perfect for us, a good mentor for Justin Schultz too.

I do agree that Downie would never sign here for line 4, Laich might be done due to injuries, and even though I like Campbell, I'm not trading Yak for him.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta

Campbell plays 27 mins a game, and does a pretty good job doing it. How any of those players do we have again?

Laich is a two-way center that gives us balance, has proven he can play on offensive lines in the past. Would be the cheapest way to acquire a two-way 2c. Similarily with bergenheim who would bring depth, speed and grit to the 3rd line. Lander looks to be doing fine this time around but I clearly said there is cap space left to improve the third line even more of you need to.

Fair enough though, I don't expect everyone to have the same opinion as me as like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad