Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dd91

May 13, 2012
All HF proposals have an almost zero percent chance of happening. I just wanted to see what that lineup looked like on the screen. I have no illusions that such a deal is actually possible.

Might as well try it with Crosby and Malkin for Lander and a 5th.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Has anyone seen any gems on D that wouldn't take much for us to acquire? Like the next Sekera for example?

Maybe Jake Gardiner is that guy but I feel his value would be too much. Ryan Ellis? Kulikov? Michael Stone? Any ideas?

I'm tired of bringing up the same names (Ehrhoff, Giordano, Yandle, Campbell)

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Has anyone seen any gems on D that wouldn't take much for us to acquire? Like the next Sekera for example?

Maybe Jake Gardiner is that guy but I feel his value would be too much. Ryan Ellis? Kulikov? Michael Stone? Any ideas?

I'm tired of bringing up the same names (Ehrhoff, Giordano, Yandle, Campbell)

It's a bit of a tricky question. If we as Oiler fans can see gems emerging from other NHL teams, I'd assume those very NHL teams would be well-aware of their own players' potential, thus making them quite valuable and difficult to acquire.

On that note, I'll throw out a couple names:
Jared Tinordi (MTL), Connor Murphy (PHX)

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Our 2014 1st rounder for Hanzal
Marincin/Klefbom to WSH for Brouwer
Sign Moss
Gagner to ??

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Hanzal-Brouwer
Moss-Gordon-Hendricks
Hanzal is not worth a top 2 pick.

Yandle + Hanzal for 2014 1st, Gagner. Maybe we add a prospect.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I happen to be at the game in San Jose. It's clear you guys have a team with great potential (knock on wood), watching Hall dominate that game was a treat to watch. The Oilers have key pieces (ie. Eberle, Gagner and maybe even Yakupov) to make a significant move that makes them better. IMO they just need management to man up and make a move for some veteran and proven players AND they have the assets to do so.

I understand going through the prospect route, but I also believe that you need to surround your young guys with veteran players to prepare them for 82 game schedules.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
I happen to be at the game in San Jose. It's clear you guys have a team with great potential (knock on wood), watching Hall dominate that game was a treat to watch. The Oilers have key pieces (ie. Eberle, Gagner and maybe even Yakupov) to make a significant move that makes them better. IMO they just need management to man up and make a move for some veteran and proven players AND they have the assets to do so.

I understand going through the prospect route, but I also believe that you need to surround your young guys with veteran players to prepare them for 82 game schedules.

You're very right except for key piece and Gagner in the same sentence :laugh:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

So simple

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
On the trade board most I think all CBJ fans are good with it. They have Johansen-Anisimov-Jenner as their future centres and are desperate for a winger of Perrons calibre.
Not sure why I was thinking Kulemin was a RW. Maybe throw him on 2nd LW with RNH, and Yakupov. Should be another option out there for 3LW.....probably end up with Smyth so he has another season to get his PP goal

Man, I'm surprised at that. One of my good friends is a huge Blue Jackets fan, and from the way he talks about Dubinsky, I'd be shocked. Doesn't mean it's not true of course, but that's where my opinion came from. If so, I'd have to think really hard about that one. Perron has been a revelation, but Dubinsky is exactly what we need. I'd probably do it if Dubinsky showed some interest in re-signing.

I like the idea of a Kulemin-Nuge-Yakupov line. Kulemin has the offensive chops to keep up while also having the defensive acumen and size to do a lot of the heavy lifting on the line. As far as other LWs go, Daniel Winnik would be awesome. Mason Raymond wouldn't be bad. I'd also be partial to bringing back Penner, but we know that's not going to happen.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I wonder if Alex Burmistrov has any interest in coming back over.

We have a plethora of young left-shot puck moving d-men in this organization which also coincidentally happens to be the Jets biggest organizational weakness.

Burmi is 6'1 and very good defensively...has not been able to put up the offensive numbers he did in the OHL and from all accounts only left for Russia because
a) he hated Noel
b) he thought it gave him a better shot at making the Russian Olympic team

Thoughts?

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Let me give this a try

Gagner + 2014 1st for Yandle and Hanzal (maybe we add a little)
Sign Ott, kulemin, Niskanen, Nikitin and maybe Winnik (I didnt take time to figure out if the salaries would work out so this might not work)

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Hanzal-Yak
Kulemin-Ott-Winnik
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks

Yandle-Niskanen
Nikitin-Petry
Schultz-Ference

Scrivens
Fasth

What do you guys think? In terms of forwards we get much bigger, more offensive depth and much better defensively. In terms of D we add a #2 Dman (Yandle) and 2 other dmen better than anyone we currently have.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

We have a plethora of young left-shot puck moving d-men in this organization which also coincidentally happens to be the Jets biggest organizational weakness.

Burmi is 6'1 and very good defensively...has not been able to put up the offensive numbers he did in the OHL and from all accounts only left for Russia because
a) he hated Noel

Thoughts?

If the Oilers can both get something out of him and get him on the cheap, then it might be worth the risk, if not no point.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
What makes you guys think Hanzal is movable?

Yandle, possibly....with how deep the Coyotes back end is.

The name I'm gonna throw out there is Cam Fowler...Lindholm has already surpassed him on the depth chart and you could argue so has Vatanen...and lets not forget Shay Theodore is coming and will be a stud PMD.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013

a) he hated Noel

Thoughts?

Burmistrov was never that good in the OHL and he may be 6-6'1" but he has a very tiny frame and needs to put on weight. It would be low risk for us though but I doubt he would come here based on everything with Yak this year.

I also wouldn't want him to come here just in case he doesn't get the opportunity he wants (like with the jets) then bails back to Russia and convinces Yak to go with him.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

The name I'm gonna throw out there is Cam Fowler...Lindholm has already surpassed him on the depth chart and you could argue so has Vatanen...and lets not forget Shay Theodore is coming and will be a stud PMD.

He would clearly be worth the phone call, but I think he's probably still in the Ducks plans as Beauchemin can't play forever.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013

I don't necessarily think Hanzal is moveable just thought I'd throw that out there. Fowler has greatly improved this year so I doubt the ducks trade him. He's also a little bit of a train wreck in the D zone and would be expensive to acquire so he's not really what we need.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

a) he hated Noel

Thoughts?

If you can get him cheap, and have your Cs as RNH-xxxxxx-Burmi-Gordon then that'd be good. I'd want him as the 3C though, and bring in another top 6 guy, don't think he's a top 6 guy. At least not right now.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Trading away the likes of Gagner, Yakupov, and our 2nd overall pick this year for nothing doesn't seem like a very smart idea to me.

Hold on to our pieces for the future, and acquire a top pairing defenseman. We don't need anything offensively. We've got a strong core of forwards, and a strong prospect pool to develop from.

Our number one need right now is getting someone to teach Marincin, Klefbom, Nurse, and hopefully Ekblad how to play defense.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Trading away the likes of Gagner, Yakupov, and our 2nd overall pick this year for nothing doesn't seem like a very smart idea to me.

Hold on to our pieces for the future, and acquire a top pairing defenseman. We don't need anything offensively. We've got a strong core of forwards, and a strong prospect pool to develop from.

Our number one need right now is getting someone to teach Marincin, Klefbom, Nurse, and hopefully Ekblad how to play defense.

Nobody said anything about trading them for nothing. But actually yes in terms of forwards we need a better 2C and offensive third liners, we have almost no offense in our bottom 6. But you are right we do need top D.

I proposed a trade and signings and my proposed line up a couple posts up. What do you think of that?

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France

The problem is that you won't be able to acquire that teacher without giving something up. If you take the 2014 1st, Gagner, Yakupov, and Klefbom off the table, what do you have to trade?

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
The problem is that you won't be able to acquire that teacher without giving something up. If you take the 2014 1st, Gagner, Yakupov, and Klefbom off the table, what do you have to trade?

Gagner should never ever be off any table :laugh: besides top 2 dmen, a 2C upgrade is our biggest need imo

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
The Dubinsky for Perron could definitely be something that works but I think it will be depend on how contract negotiations go with Dubinsky and how well CBJ performs going into and during playoffs for something like that to possibly gain traction.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
The Dubinsky for Perron could definitely be something that works but I think it will be depend on how contract negotiations go with Dubinsky and how well CBJ performs going into and during playoffs for something like that to possibly gain traction.

lets take it one step further!

Perron, Gagner, 2015 3rd for Dubinsky and Foligno

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So looking at the Oilers, I won't say they will be a playoff team, but if anyone thinks that the Oilers would be worse if they only added Ekblad, Nurse and a UFA to the current blueline while letting Fraser, Belov and Larsen go, I would find that very hard to believe.

That all said, more needs to be done. I still think Vancouver is a place where a "good deal" could be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad