Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Trade David Perron for Brandon Dubinsky
Trade Jordan Eberle for Dustin Byfuglien
Sign Nikolai Kulemin 4yr/3.5m
Sign David Moss 3yr/2.5
Sign Matt Niskanen 7yr/5m
Sign Ron Hainsey 2yr/2.5

Hall-Dubinsky-Byfuglien
Draisaitl-RNH-Yakupov
Moss-Gordon-Kulemin
Gazdic-Hendricks-Lander
Pitlick

Niskanen-Petry
Marincin-Ference
Schultz-Hainsey
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

Nurse back to the OHL

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
I said it very clearly, since his shoulder injury he has clearly backed off from the more physical aspects of his game that he didn't seem to have a problem with as a rookie. The 80s Oilers weren't dumb enough to send Gretzky out there to push people around anyway, that was never his job.

Complaining about RNH not being physical is like owning a cat and complaining that it doesn't fetch the paper, obey commands and bark at intruders.

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
Sign David Moss 3yr/2.5
Sign Ron Hainsey 2yr/2.5

Hall-Dubinsky-Byfuglien
Draisaitl-RNH-Yakupov
Moss-Gordon-Kulemin
Gazdic-Hendricks-Lander
Pitlick

Niskanen-Petry
Marincin-Ference
Schultz-Hainsey
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

Nurse back to the OHL

I like the looks of that team. I don't think you'll get Dubinsky for Perron though, as good as Perron has been for us. The only way I see it is if Columbus isn't confident about Dubisnky re-signing, in which case it's a risk for us too. Since I'm a stickler for defense handedness, I'd re-do the pairings a bit:

Hainsey-Niskanen
Marincin-Petry
Ference-Schultz

EDIT: Also, Moss is a RW, and Kulemin is a LW.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I like the looks of that team. I don't think you'll get Dubinsky for Perron though, as good as Perron has been for us. The only way I see it is if Columbus isn't confident about Dubisnky re-signing, in which case it's a risk for us too. Since I'm a stickler for defense handedness, I'd re-do the pairings a bit:

Hainsey-Niskanen
Marincin-Petry
Ference-Schultz

EDIT: Also, Moss is a RW, and Kulemin is a LW.
On the trade board most I think all CBJ fans are good with it. They have Johansen-Anisimov-Jenner as their future centres and are desperate for a winger of Perrons calibre.
Not sure why I was thinking Kulemin was a RW. Maybe throw him on 2nd LW with RNH, and Yakupov. Should be another option out there for 3LW.....probably end up with Smyth so he has another season to get his PP goal

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
On the trade board most I think all CBJ fans are good with it. They have Johansen-Anisimov-Jenner as their future centres and are desperate for a winger of Perrons calibre.
Not sure why I was thinking Kulemin was a RW. Maybe throw him on 2nd LW with RNH, and Yakupov. Should be another option out there for 3LW.....probably end up with Smyth so he has another season to get his PP goal

Kulemin shoots left but he can play either side.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Call me nuts but I don't think you get Byfuglien for Eberle alione.

Yes Dustin is lazy but he's locked in for 2 more years at a reasonable caphit, eats 25-30 minutes a night, scores 20 goals a season, and hits like a brick wall.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Call me nuts but I don't think you get Byfuglien for Eberle alione.

Yes Dustin is lazy but he's locked in for 2 more years at a reasonable caphit, eats 25-30 minutes a night, scores 20 goals a season, and hits like a brick wall.

He's playing forward under Maurice these days, no?

I'd throw Gagner and Schultz for Big Buff, Olli J's rights and a conditional pick.

rickyrunfar

Mar 1, 2014
Sign David Moss 3yr/2.5
Sign Ron Hainsey 2yr/2.5

Hall-Dubinsky-Byfuglien
Draisaitl-RNH-Yakupov
Moss-Gordon-Kulemin
Gazdic-Hendricks-Lander
Pitlick

Niskanen-Petry
Marincin-Ference
Schultz-Hainsey
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

Nurse back to the OHL

Me likey long time

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Trade Yaks to Detroit for Sheahan +
Trade Gagner to Was for Brouwer
Trade Eberle for the best defenseman we can get
Sign Niskanen
Sign one of Moss, Winnik, Kulemin for 3W
Convert J. Schultz to RW

Hall --- RNH --- Brouwer
Perron - Sheahan - J. Schultz
Lander - Gordon - Winnik/Moss/Kulemin
Gazdic - Hendricks - Pitlick

Niskanen - Dman from Eberle trade
Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Ferrence

BOLD!

I know Sheahan doesn't have much experience but I think he is gonna be a player, it is unlikely Detroit moves him though. Alternatively I would be for moving one of Ebs or Yak for Dubinsky and then moving the other one for a defenseman.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Boy is there a lot of confidence in signing Niskanen on this board.

I have little confidence that 1) it would be reasonable and 2) he'd sustain the play we'd expect with the contract given

He's had one stellar good year....in Pittsburgh.....I would stay away.

Plus, UFAs like himself don't find themselves here normally.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I personally don't want any part of Niskanen for what he's going to get. That has disaster written all over it. Would much rather pay up for a stop gap veteran like Andrei Markov for something like 2 years, 7M per.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I personally don't want any part of Niskanen for what he's going to get. That has disaster written all over it. Would much rather pay up for a stop gap veteran like Andrei Markov for something like 2 years, 7M per.

As long as they are taking shots. I say Niskanen because I think he really figured it out this year. Niskanen has always been one of those has all the tools but no tool bag guys. Markov's age and injury history, it scares me to give him 6-7 million over 2-3 years.

Really I would be happy if they signed any of Markov, Niskanen, Greene, Nikitin, Fayne, Morris. And of course replace the coaching staff with competent NHL coaches.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Seeing a lot of proposals where we are bringing back big slow forwards.

Our forwards are slow as is....look around the league...outside of the Kings, there is no successful team in this league that has a slow forward group.

Take away Hall and you could make a strong argument that we have the slowest group of forwards in the entire league.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Dying laughing at Yakupov for Sheahan. NO NO NO NO DO NOT WANT!

Even if it is Sheahan +++++

Bold: YES. Smart: NOT SO MUCH.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Weber for Gagner + Petry + 1st 2014(Reinhart) + conditional 1st in 2015(if we don't make the playoffs it's a 2nd)

Sign Legwand for 4 years, 5M-5.5M

Sign Markov 4 or 5 year deal to entice him to leave Montreal, 6M-6.5M ish

Sign Penner for 2 years, 3M-3.5M

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Perron - Legwand - Yakupov
Hendricks - Gordon - Penner
whoever - whoever - Gazdic

Markov - Weber
Marincin - Schultz
Klefbom - Ference

Scrivens/Fasth

Sloth Slothersons*

Weber for Gagner + Petry + 1st 2014(Reinhart) + conditional 1st in 2015(if we don't make the playoffs it's a 2nd)

Hall - RNH - Eberle

Markov - Weber
Marincin - Schultz
Klefbom - Ference

Scrivens/Fasth

Hahah this might be the worst one yet!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Complaining about RNH not being physical is like owning a cat and complaining that it doesn't fetch the paper, obey commands and bark at intruders.

RNH has a mean streak and has shown a willingness to play that game in the past. It is part of what makes him the player that he is today. That said like Soundwave said he isn't playing that game because he doesn't have full confidence in his shoulder. RNH at his best plays like how he did on that one play in our last game where he knocked the d-man off the puck and went into the O zone with it. Catching guys off guard with a deceptively strong core and his ability to put himself into position to do that with his agility.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

Hall - RNH - Eberle

Markov - Weber
Marincin - Schultz
Klefbom - Ference

Scrivens/Fasth
Our junk and a few magic beans does not even get the conversation started for Weber....and yes Gagner and Petry are junk when Webers name is in the conversation

rickyrunfar

Mar 1, 2014
Gordon and Jimmi Hendrix need to be 4th liners. Good teams get production from top 3 lines. That is all.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Sign Niskanen
Convert J. Schultz to RW

Hall --- RNH --- Brouwer

Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Ferrence

BOLD!

I know Sheahan doesn't have much experience but I think he is gonna be a player, it is unlikely Detroit moves him though. Alternatively I would be for moving one of Ebs or Yak for Dubinsky and then moving the other one for a defenseman.

Sigh :facepalm:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Hahah this might be the worst one yet!

Our junk and a few magic beans does not even get the conversation started for Weber....and yes Gagner and Petry are junk when Webers name is in the conversation

All HF proposals have an almost zero percent chance of happening. I just wanted to see what that lineup looked like on the screen. I have no illusions that such a deal is actually possible.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Sign Niskanen
Convert J. Schultz to RW

Hall --- RNH --- Brouwer

Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Ferrence

BOLD!

**** I just puked in my mouth

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
Our 2014 1st rounder for Hanzal
Marincin/Klefbom to WSH for Brouwer
Sign Moss
Gagner to ??

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Hanzal-Brouwer
Moss-Gordon-Hendricks

Status