Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
RNH has only 31 ES points compared to 28 for Couturier with a minute and a half of even strength TOI per game more going to RNH and there is a significant difference in the type of special teams minutes they play. Overall, Nugent-Hopkins has only 13 more points and a 42.8% faceoff win percentage compared to 48.7% in one fewer game.

Couturier also shuts down Crosby/Malkin when he plays against them which has really helped the Flyers against the Penguins. Also as has been stated, based on TOI Couturier is the 2nd line center already for the Flyers. If Couturier was given more PP time his production would more than likely increase even more.

Couturier's defensive ability for his age is notable and this season he is very close to RNH in even strength production while playing less minutes. You might want to re-evaluate...

Like the others I had to come check this out. With the Flyers dealing with Pittsburgh often in the regular season and playoffs, combined with his ability to shut down their top players, it would be a terrible decision to move him as it really limits what the Pens can do. Very important for playoffs.

I wanted Couturier back in 2011 and was pissed when the Oilers selected the wee one from Red Deer. He's one hell of a player and you guys were lucky he fell so far in the draft. Don't let some posters who've clearly never seen the guy play get the Philly board up in arms.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think anyone understands Eberle's value, good and bad.

I see him completely overrated, and severely underrated a lot here.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's a lot easier to develop in Philly when you are maybe the 4th or 5th best forward on the team, RNH has had to be the no.1 center here when the Oilers knew full well he would need 2-3 years to grow into his body and that's been moved back further by having to have shoulder surgery.

RNH was scoring as a rookie at a rate comparable to freaking Malkin. Couturier hasn't even scored 40 points in an NHL season yet.

Put RNH in Philly's system and he would be a better play too, because he would be able to develop at his own pace and have other bigger forwards like Simmonds to play with and Giroux and Lecavalier and Schenn to play behind (lol). Not to mention the East, quite frankly, is the softer conference with easier travel to boot.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Thats like saying Hanzal's a #3 because he's never scored 50 points. What a joke, watch the fricken player.

I do watch Couturier and he is the most overrated player on HF right now. He is good certainly not a 1 c or even 2 at the moment and in fact his production per 60 is the lowest of all Flyers centers. Raab sees 6'4 and anoints as superstar.:shakehead

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I do watch Couturier and he is the most overrated player on HF right now. He is good certainly not a 1 c or even 2 at the moment and in fact his production per 60 is the lowest of all Flyers centers. Raab sees 6'4 and anoints as superstar.:shakehead

Every time I watch Couturier he looks excellent and he's still young.

I mean, he's not a superstar by any stretch, but top No.3 C in the league in the near future? Possibly. No.2 C is also possible for him.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
It's a lot easier to develop in Philly when you are maybe the 4th or 5th best forward on the team, RNH has had to be the no.1 center here when the Oilers knew full well he would need 2-3 years to grow into his body and that's been moved back further by having to have shoulder surgery.

RNH was scoring as a rookie at a rate comparable to freaking Malkin. Couturier hasn't even scored 40 points in an NHL season yet.

Put RNH in Philly's system and he would be a better play too, because he would be able to develop at his own pace and have other bigger forwards like Simmonds to play with and Giroux and Lecavalier and Schenn to play behind (lol). Not to mention the East, quite frankly, is the softer conference with easier travel to boot.

It was between Couturier and Landeskog for who was the most NHL ready in that 2011 draft. Neither would have needed anyone to play behind. And I think that was proven when Couturier was given the task of shutting down Malkin in his first playoff series. Also lets see what Couturier could do playing between Hall and Eberle. I'd argue that he may put up even more points then RNH has playing with those two.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

I mean, he's not a superstar by any stretch, but top No.3 C in the league in the near future? Possibly. No.2 C is also possible for him.

He's already as good as Hanzal IMO, I think if he gets placed with some offensive wingers we'll see him hit 60-70 points while being able to shut down anyone in the league. His playmaking ability is quite underrated.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It was between Couturier and Landeskog for who was the most NHL ready in that 2011 draft. Neither would have needed anyone to play behind. And I think that was proven when Couturier was given the task of shutting down Malkin in his first playoff series. Also lets see what Couturier could do playing between Hall and Eberle. I'd argue that he may put up even more points then RNH has playing with those two.

With his confidence destroyed like this organization has done to RNH? Doubt it. RNH could be a 70-80 point player in Philly too, that's easy to go both ways.

Put him in an easier conference, pair him with a big winger like Simmonds, and let him develop at his own pace behind 3 other quality centers and I'm RNH would do quite well too. Couturier taken no.1 would have to produce from day 1 with a lot more pressure.

Hall is way too fast of a player for Couturier to keep up with anyway. I don't see that as a great combination at all.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

And I also see him blow many prime chances he is set up for, he a a solid 3 at this time in his career people calling him a 1b is laughable. Can he end up being a 1 c maybe right now his finish is very poor.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
He's already as good as Hanzal IMO, I think if he gets placed with some offensive wingers we'll see him hit 60-70 points while being able to shut down anyone in the league. His playmaking ability is quite underrated.

Raab he can only fart roses in your opinion. Your a huge fanboy of his and opinion is100% biased regarding him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And I also see him blow many prime chances he is set up for, he a a solid 3 at this time in his career people calling him a 1b is laughable. Can he end up being a 1 c maybe right now his finish is very poor.

Yeah I think it's quite likely that Brayden Schenn is actually the better player (probably more physical to boot), but in Edmonton we deify any tall center prospect. Too bad we didn't get Monahan last year and then Ekblad this year. That would've been nice.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

It's definitely all about his size! What a no talent bum! :sarcasm: :shakehead

And I think this one shows why I like Couturier so much, doesn't play like a little ***** like a certain Oiler Center we took over him.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.

And I think this one shows why I like Couturier so much, doesn't play like a little ***** like a certain Oiler.

Did someone just bust out a highlight reel?

Oh well in that case

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

And I think this one shows why I like Couturier so much, doesn't play like a little ***** like a certain Oiler.

You can pull out video like this for any top 9 forward in the league. Fact is he has 10 goals in 74 games is 69th in production for centers playing 19 min a night and 166 in nhl scoring . Keep farting out those roses on him. Over rate much? Wait till I dig out some Gagner plays I can pull 8 nice ones from 1 night.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
The one thing that is strange in here is that some are talking like Couts has hit his ceiling or he is never going to break 50 points. He could break 40 this year and he is just leaving his ELC contract. He is still growing and Flyer fans have seen how he has improved his offensive game to a more suitable NHL style, especially this year. He is using his big frame not only to be a elite shut down center but he uses it on the cycle and to gain position on players. He is only 21..... still a lot of room for the kid to grow. Are you guys saying RNH has maxed out at his age?

Also people talking about his scoring, do you find it strange that Flyer fans are very satisfied with his points while other team fans aren't? He plays top competetion every single night, meaning he plays Stamkos, Malkin and Crosby, JT, Kessel/JVR line, Ovie every single night. He isn't really positioned to score much for us but still scored at a very good pace during ES. He gets around 1:20 of PP time a game, which would be a reason he doesn't produce like players like RNH who get over 3 mins on the top unit.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sean Monahan is who I really wanted. Far better looking prospect than Couturier, but alas the one year we finish one spot too low, lol.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
The one thing that is strange in here is that some are talking like Couts has hit his ceiling or he is never going to break 50 points. He could break 40 this year and he is just leaving his ELC contract. He is still growing and Flyer fans have seen how he has improved his offensive game to a more suitable NHL style, especially this year. He is using his big frame not only to be a elite shut down center but he uses it on the cycle and to gain position on players. He is only 21..... still a lot of room for the kid to grow. Are you guys saying RNH has maxed out at his age?

Nobody is saying Couturier is garbage. More like he's extremely overrated. I'm sure he'll be a fine player someday, but you'd have to be dumber than Holmgren to say no to a 1st overall for Couturier.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah every GM in the league does Ekblad for Couturier, especially with Philly's center depth. They have Giroux, Lecavalier, and Schenn all outscoring Couturier.

Ekblad has the most impressive draft year numbers since Drew Doughty and already has the build of Shea Weber. Kid is a freaking beast and has a ton of hype to go with him.

I know fans will always let emotions get in the way, but lets get real here. Ekblad is the type of defensive prospect that every GM drools over.

Even in junior, 23 goals from a d-man is unheard of.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
With his confidence destroyed like this organization has done to RNH? Doubt it. RNH could be a 70-80 point player in Philly too, that's easy to go both ways.

Put him in an easier conference, pair him with a big winger like Simmonds, and let him develop at his own pace behind 3 other quality centers and I'm RNH would do quite well too. Couturier taken no.1 would have to produce from day 1 with a lot more pressure.

Hall is way too fast of a player for Couturier to keep up with anyway. I don't see that as a great combination at all.

Who has Couturier played with? His line mates this season have been Matt Read and Mike Raffl most games. It's basically like playing RNH with Smyth and Gagner for a season. Imagine how great he'd look centering those two.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Nobody is saying Couturier is garbage. More like he's extremely overrated. I'm sure he'll be a fine player someday, but you'd have to be dumber than Holmgren to say no to a 1st overall for Couturier.

You don't have the first overall? Also, who would we draft? Ekblad? We have Morin in the system and he is developing just the way the Flyers want him to. Ekblad isn't a sure thing either. Reinhart? Another big center with skating questions? Is that who we would take? The Flyers aren't in the position to trade roster players who make a huge impact on the game like Couts for draft picks, it's that simple.

Let's not act like Ekblad is a sure thing. He has been questioned for this draft as well.

The one thing that is for sure here is how good(elite) Couts is defensively. You don't find these players every day like people think.

One more thing, how do you know every GM does Ekblad for Couts? That's just baseless speculation and is most likely not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad