Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
David Perron for Brandon Dubinsky
Tough to lose Perron but you've got to give to get. The Oilers NEED a big center that can matchup with the likes of Getzlaf, Kopitar, Thornton, Hanzal, Richards, Kesler etc.. Our division is filled with big guys and we have no one to go up against it. Dubinsky hits, wins draws and his production isn't bad for a team with limited offensive guys.

2015 2nd and Tyler Pitlick for Johnny Boychuk
Boston is in tight with the cap and needs to re-sign Jarome Iginla who will get a lot more than a 1.8M cap hit next year.. With the emergence of some of their younger guys like Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Bartkowski, Boston can afford to trade Boychuk who only has a year on his deal but is from Edmonton. Bruins get a player that fits their style to a tee, Oilers get desperate help on the blueline and another guy who can shutdown some bigger players in our division.

Draft Sam Reinhart
Either EDM wins draft lottery or BUF takes Ekblad.. Oilers elect to choose Sam Reinhart because of how important it is to have a great 1-2 punch down the middle. With Nurse, Klefbom, Marincin, Schultz already young defenseman in the organization they pass on Ekblad. Reinhart can develop slowly after acquiring Dubinsky and the Oilers are set for the future down the middle and on D.

Throw a bunch of money at Andrei Markov

Hall - Dubinsky - Yakupov
Lander - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Gagner - Gordon - Reinhart
Hendricks - Arcobello - Gazdic
Joensuu

Markov - Boychuk
Klefbom - Schultz
Marincin - Ference

Scrivens
Fasth

EDIT - Forgot Petry.. maybe package Gagner and Petry for something? Or scratch Ference, keep Gagner on 3rd and Petry with Marincin.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
20:35 - Giroux
19:08 - Couturier
15:46 - Schenn
15:25 - Lecavalier

He's actually our #2 center already by a longways, often out TOIs Giroux, and plays against the toughest competition on our team.

You're right though. Dude may be a #2 center someday. :facepalm:

List the even strength time that shows who is 1/2/3/4/ Couturier plays a lot of pk time.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
RNH has only 31 ES points compared to 28 for Couturier with a minute and a half of even strength TOI per game more going to RNH and there is a significant difference in the type of special teams minutes they play. Overall, Nugent-Hopkins has only 13 more points and a 42.8% faceoff win percentage compared to 48.7% in one fewer game.

Couturier also shuts down Crosby/Malkin when he plays against them which has really helped the Flyers against the Penguins. Also as has been stated, based on TOI Couturier is the 2nd line center already for the Flyers. If Couturier was given more PP time his production would more than likely increase even more.

Couturier's defensive ability for his age is notable and this season he is very close to RNH in even strength production while playing less minutes. You might want to re-evaluate...

Like the others I had to come check this out. With the Flyers dealing with Pittsburgh often in the regular season and playoffs, combined with his ability to shut down their top players, it would be a terrible decision to move him as it really limits what the Pens can do. Very important for playoffs.

Want something even more insane?

NON-PP POINTS
Couturier: 33
Nugent-Hopkins: 31
Gagner: 28

CORSI REL QOC
Couturier: 1.477
Nugent-Hopkins: 0.801
Gagner: 0.668

EV TOI/G
Nugent-Hopkins: 15:56
Gagner: 15:25
Couturier: 14:22

Sounds like Couturier would already be EDM's #1 center. Not stuck behind Giroux for offensive playing time in EDM, he would get more PP time and more EV time to get more production. Not like he gets any PP time now. The only question is whether or not EDM would be forced to use him like we do and give him all the PK time leaving him less opportunity to produce.

He's a far cry from the "might be a good #3 center someday" nonsense.

List the even strength time that shows who is 1/2/3/4/ Couturier plays a lot of pk time.

Giroux: 15:47
Couturier: 14:22
Schenn: 13:24
Lecavalier: 12:51

DetBigWangs

Dec 15, 2009
I propose that all your proposals mean squat. With all the 1st round talent you have, it's becoming clear the problems don't start at ice level.

How about better management, scouting, development, and a culture of professionalism? Can you trade for that?

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Want something even more insane?

NON-PP POINTS
Couturier: 33
Nugent-Hopkins: 31
Gagner: 28

Lol. RNH and Gagner both have had down years and Couturier (who is having a career year) has whopping 2 and 5 more "non-pp" points. Doesn't really help your point. :laugh:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I propose that all your proposals mean squat. With all the 1st round talent you have, it's becoming clear the problems don't start at ice level.

How about better management, scouting, development, and a culture of professionalism? Can you trade for that?

The Oilers have many more problems than scouting, coaching and development..

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Lol. RNH and Gagner both have had down years and Couturier (who is having a career year) has whopping 2 and 5 more "non-pp" points. Doesn't really help your point. :laugh:

Want me to point out RNH's 13 Non-PP points to Couturier's 11 last year? How about RNH's 29 to Couturier's 26 during their rookie season?

All the while Couturier got worse ice time and worse linemates against tougher competition.

But yeah, RNH is in a down year and should be producing so much more than Couturier...

Couturier is well on his way to becoming a #1 center in the NHL. In fact, the 1A / 1B lineup that the Flyers now sport is only successful because of their top 2 centers, both of which excel tremendously at different ends of the ice. Passing on Couturier in that draft is going to haunt a number of teams for years to come.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Want me to point out RNH's 13 Non-PP points to Couturier's 11 last year? How about RNH's 29 to Couturier's 26 during their rookie season?

All the while Couturier got worse ice time and worse linemates.

And he got to play in a team with real structure and NHL-level defenders.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

All the while Couturier got worse ice time and worse linemates against tougher competition.

But yeah, RNH is in a down year and should be producing so much more than Couturier...

Couturier is well on his way to becoming a #1 center in the NHL. In fact, the 1A / 1B lineup that the Flyers now sport is only successful because of their top 2 centers, both of which excel tremendously at different ends of the ice. Passing on Couturier in that draft is going to haunt a number of teams for years to come.
Couturier is 69th in scoring for Centers not even a number 2 at this stage, let alone a 1b. 1/2 centers are for production and not just even strength.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

How about you go troll your own teams board

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Wow. My fellow Oiler fans are really underrating Couturier. I would consider trading any player on this team apart from Hall for him. Probably even RNH. Couts is the exact type of player we need. Philly would be crazy to trade him. If they'll move anyone it's B. Schenn.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Wow. My fellow Oiler fans are really underrating Couturier. I would consider trading any player on this team apart from Hall for him. Probably even RNH. Couts is the exact type of player we need. Philly would be crazy to trade him. If they'll move anyone it's B. Schenn.

I'd much rather trade for Jordan Staal. He's Couturier's level or better defensively and he produces more. He'd also bring experience instead of having another kid thrown to the wolves.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
After listening to Ferraro today I though I'd try some off-season blow it up trades/moves. So I came up with:

Sign Markov, Legwand, Goc, Moss and a #7 d-man.

Trade Fedun and a 3rd for Boychuck.

Trade Eberle and the 2014 1st (Reinhart/Bennett or Ekblad) for Wheeler.

Trade Yak, Pitlick and 2015 1st for Simmonds.

Trade Gagner to ANA for their 2014 1st and Palmieri.

Hall - RNH - Wheeler
Perron - Legwand - Simmonds
Hendricks - Gordon - Moss
Smyth - Goc - Palmieri
Gazdic

Markov - Boychuck
Ference - Schultz
Marincin - Petry

Scrivens/Fasth

BUT…after looking at this, yes I think that we'd have a nice balance between toughness and scoring ability mixed with experience throughout the lineup, but IMO we'd be overpaying from an Oilers' standpoint to get these deals done and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Plus it would really suck to lose out on the youthful potential in Yak, Eberle and the other two firsts…I'm kinda torn.

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
After listening to Ferraro today I though I'd try some off-season blow it up trades/moves. So I came up with:

Sign Markov, Legwand, Goc, Moss and a #7 d-man.

Trade Fedun and a 3rd for Boychuck.

Trade Eberle and the 2014 1st (Reinhart/Bennett or Ekblad) for Wheeler.

Trade Yak, Pitlick and 2015 1st for Simmonds.

Trade Gagner to ANA for their 2014 1st and Palmieri.

Hall - RNH - Wheeler
Perron - Legwand - Simmonds
Hendricks - Gordon - Moss
Smyth - Goc - Palmieri
Gazdic

Markov - Boychuck
Ference - Schultz
Marincin - Petry

Scrivens/Fasth

BUT…after looking at this, yes I think that we'd have a nice balance between toughness and scoring ability mixed with experience throughout the lineup, but IMO we'd be overpaying from an Oilers' standpoint to get these deals done and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Plus it would really suck to lose out on the youthful potential in Yak, Eberle and the other two firsts…I'm kinda torn.

Jesus. Absolutely none of those deals are fair value. Edmonton gets fleeced in every deal except for the ANA one, where we make off like bandits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad