Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
My moves if the Oilers take Bennett or Reinhart or Draistal

Nail Yakupov + Sam Gagner + EDM 2nd 2015 to Buffalo for Tyler Myers + Drew Stafford

Oilers sign UFA Andrei Markov 2 years x 8.25 million (over payment, but necessary)

Oilers sign UFA David Moss 3 years x ?

Stafford RNH Eberle
Hall Reinhart Perron
Hendricks Gordon Moss
Joensuu Arcobello Gazdic

Markov Petry
Ference Myers
Marincin Schultz
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

That starts to look like a much more complete NHL roster.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If Ekblad is still on the draft table when we pick would a deal involving Couturier plus interest you guys. It gives us a legit 2C now, what would the plus be though because it would take more than that for me to trade Ekblad.

Love Couturier, but if the pick gets traded it's for an established D-man.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nail Yakupov + Sam Gagner + EDM 2nd 2015 to Buffalo for Tyler Myers + Drew Stafford

Oilers sign UFA Andrei Markov 2 years x 8.25 million (over payment, but necessary)

Stafford RNH Eberle
Hall Reinhart Perron
Hendricks Gordon Moss
Joensuu Arcobello Gazdic

Markov Petry
Ference Myers
Marincin Schultz
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

It looks better on paper, but having those two as our centers either works wonders or destroys us. Imo I would also rather Marincin and Ferrence switch places to give both Marincin and Schultz someone good to play with that is more experienced. Plus I think Marincin is more solid then Ferrence.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Revising former forward plan to be more realistic.

Still keeping Eberle for Voracek, and Yak for Byfuglien
Gagner + Musil for Kadri, if you've watched the Leafs lately you've seen Kadri's demotion in the lineup, we may be able to entice Nonis to do this as a change of scenery, especially if they lose Bolland. We'd retain Gagner's salary to 4M for this. (800K)
I'm thinking Lander/Pitlick + 2nd in 2015 to MTL for Eller
Still sign Penner and Kulemin for line 3, and keep Smyth

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien
Perron-Kadri-Voracek
Penner-Eller-Kulemin
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks

If you're wondering how we get better on D, we still have our 2014 and 2015 1sts to use, as well as Justin Schultz (or maybe even Klefbom if we get back quality) for an upgrade.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008

Stafford RNH Eberle
Hall Reinhart Perron
Hendricks Gordon Moss
Joensuu Arcobello Gazdic

Markov Petry
Ference Myers
Marincin Schultz
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth
I would not give that much up for Myers and stafford talk about selling low on Yak

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I proposed this on the main board.. thoughts on Perron for Dubinsky? Obviously it would suck to lose Perron, but Dubinsky is about as perfect a fit here that we could get without giving up an Eberle or a Yakupov..

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012

Terrible, awful, ok.

Stafford RNH Eberle
Hall Reinhart Perron
Hendricks Gordon Moss
Joensuu Arcobello Gazdic

Markov Petry
Ference Myers
Marincin Schultz
Klefbom

Scrivens
Fasth

You're playing your PPG scorer with a rookie C on the second line, putting a 50 point player on the top line on his off side, and spending a king's ransom on Myers to play him on the second pairing? Oh and the bottom six is still a black hole from which neither light nor goals for can escape.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Eberle for Kane we need size in our top 6 then get either Anisimov or Dubinsky
Hall RNH Perron
Kane Anisimov/Dubinsky Yak
Gives us more size in the top 6 so will help controlling the puck and more players that go to the net
Sign Niskanen he shoots right and that is what this team needs a right shooting dman above Petry

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
PHI fans are saying there is no way they would trade Couturier for Ekblad. I think they over value Couturier a bit too much.

We need a #1 dman right now, not a prospect. We have Morin, who if he develops the way we hope, will be our #1. That's why you don't see Flyer fans wanting to trade Couts for another top pick. It's a backwards move.

Also to the guy under me, that's what most Flyers fans say they would do. If we can get someone who is established and ready to lead this group we are all for it. There just isn't anyone like that available.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
PHI fans are saying there is no way they would trade Couturier for Ekblad. I think they over value Couturier a bit too much.

Couturier is well on his way to being one of the best 2-way centres in the game. I don't think they overvalue him in that respect. Where I think they are wrong is just how much they need a D like Ekblad. Almost as bad as we do. We'll see how they feel after their D gets dominated in a playoff series.

Their C position is obviously a position of strength. But if I were them, I'd be dealing B. Schenn all day long before I considered moving Couturier.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Terrible, awful, ok.

You're playing your PPG scorer with a rookie C on the second line, putting a 50 point player on the top line on his off side, and spending a king's ransom on Myers to play him on the second pairing? Oh and the bottom six is still a black hole from which neither light nor goals for can escape.

Just spreading out the talent. Hall and RNH really don't play that well together anyway.

The pairings can change, the fact is there's 2 legit top 4 D-Men added to the team, one big winger, one big third liner ... that is a considerably better team than what we ice today. Putting Myers on the 2nd pairing I think would ease him into the lineup and allow him to build confidence with slightly easier match ups.

Winger's are more able to switch sides and RNH desperately needs a big bodied wing to play with.

Perron RNH Stafford
Hall Reinhart Eberle

Also works. Mix n' match in different ways. I don't really get hung up over the 1st/2nd line designations anyway, the Oilers need two scoring lines, not just one, which ever one is hot can play more minutes, simple as that.

Sloth Slothersons*

I still don't see Couturier as anything more than a great 3rd line center at this point. Can't see him becoming any more than a good 2nd line center who is very good defensively. I just don't see too much offensive potential. I understand Philly values him highly. But for us, not even close to a potential top pairing dman.

Obviously, I'd love to have him. But not at the cost it would likely take.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I heard the rumors and had to see for myself. This talk of Couturier screams "Giroux will only be a 40-point winger."

Anyway, Couturier is pretty much as untouchable as Giroux. In fact, he quite often logs more minutes than Giroux against tougher competition.

Coburn is off the blocks where he should've been from the start.

If you guys need depth, we're likely looking to package the Schenn's for something though probably something more established than Ek. Grossmann is also likely on the way out if you're interested in him.

Couturier and Coburn are not available.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I heard the rumors and had to see for myself. This talk of Couturier screams "Giroux will only be a 40-point winger."

Anyway, Couturier is pretty much as untouchable as Giroux. In fact, he quite often logs more minutes than Giroux against tougher competition.

Coburn is off the blocks where he should've been from the start.

If you guys need depth, we're likely looking to package the Schenn's for something though probably something more established than Ek. Grossmann is also likely on the way out if you're interested in him.

Couturier and Coburn are not available.

What would you want for the Schenns?

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com

coutourier has the potential to be a very good 3rd line center, maybe even a decent 2nd line center.

Those are the hardest types of guys to find and the most valuable. No way I trade that for a franchise defenceman.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland

I've been laughing at the overrating of Couturier too. Right now he's a good #3 center, nothing else. From neutral standpoint, his value is somewhere around #3rd to #5th overall draft pick.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Couturier has the potential to be a real good 3rd liner, really?

If he was on the Oilers, he would no doubt be a better option to play 1C over Gagner or RNH right now. What does that say about our players then?

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Couturier has the potential to be a real good 3rd liner, really?

If he was on the Oilers, he would no doubt be a better option to play 1C over Gagner or RNH right now. What does that say about our players then?

Lol! His career high is 36 points. He doesn't belong anywhere near top-2 lines.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
coutourier has the potential to be a very good 3rd line center, maybe even a decent 2nd line center.

Those are the hardest types of guys to find and the most valuable. No way I trade that for a franchise defenceman.

I've been laughing at the overrating of Couturier too. Right now he's a good #3 center, nothing else. From neutral standpoint, his value is somewhere around #3rd to #5th overall draft pick.

20:35 - Giroux
19:08 - Couturier
15:46 - Schenn
15:25 - Lecavalier

He's actually our #2 center already by a longways, often out TOIs Giroux, and plays against the toughest competition on our team.

You're right though. Dude may be a #2 center someday. :facepalm:

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta

Don't pick him for fantasy hockey then. He would be far less outmatched than our top two centers and could still compliment our skilled wingers with his own skill set.

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009

RNH has only 31 ES points compared to 28 for Couturier with a minute and a half of even strength TOI per game more going to RNH and there is a significant difference in the type of special teams minutes they play. Overall, Nugent-Hopkins has only 13 more points and a 42.8% faceoff win percentage compared to 48.7% in one fewer game.

Couturier also shuts down Crosby/Malkin when he plays against them which has really helped the Flyers against the Penguins. Also as has been stated, based on TOI Couturier is the 2nd line center already for the Flyers. If Couturier was given more PP time his production would more than likely increase even more.

Couturier's defensive ability for his age is notable and this season he is very close to RNH in even strength production while playing less minutes. You might want to re-evaluate...

Like the others I had to come check this out. With the Flyers dealing with Pittsburgh often in the regular season and playoffs, combined with his ability to shut down their top players, it would be a terrible decision to move him as it really limits what the Pens can do. Very important for playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad