Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'd add him just as I'd add Jack Johnson. Or Brian Campbell. Or Francois Beauchemin. Or Joni Pitkanen. This team needs a big minute top-pairing defenseman more than anything else - preferably left-handed. They need a guy who can make a good first pass out of the defensive zone. Anything else like physicality or defensive awareness is just gravy.

Agreed. We're beyond the point of being picky

TimeForAnOilChange

From OTTERS 2 OILERS
May 4, 2010
Made by MacTambLowe
Well, after unfortunately watching the game tonight and seeing as we're not winning any more games this year and instead of risking having a mass exodus (both fans and players), if I was MacT, I would be putting everybody on the trading block except Hall and Nurse, I would be trying these 3 trades in order to get bigger, tougher, more experienced and meaner so that we can compete in our division, so here goes....

1st Trade:

Yak and 2014 1st to Buffalo for Myers and Stewart (we would probably have to add a bit though, not sure what)

2nd Trade:

RNH, Gagner, 2015 2nd, Musil + to Carolina for E.Staal and J. Staal

3rd Trade:

Eberle, 2015 1st, Klefbom to Winnipeg for Byfuglien and Kane

So, if he could swing these trades, we would be giving up a shot at Ekblad and McD, but I would rather compete now, not 5 years down the road, its been long enough out of the playoffs, these players would help us immediately (despite what people think of Stewart or Myers or Big Buff on here, all of those players are better than what is on the team now). I'm not saying these trades are doable, maybe they are, maybe not, but I would be on the phone constantly with these teams to see what kind of deal can be made for those players.

Buffalo is obviously going the same route we tried so they might do it so they can get the top 2 picks and Yak.

With the rumours of Eric being on the block, I'm pretty sure if that's true, that the brothers are the same as the Sedins, they will probably want to play on the same team, which might make this trade possible (Eric only has 2 more yrs on his contract, we could try to re-sign him to match the term with his brother), and Jordan is locked up for 6 yrs, our centre depth would be solved and Carolina gets a potential young 1C locked up for 6 yrs and cheaper than Eric, and we could maybe add picks or prospects to sweeten the deal.

Not sure if Winnipeg would trade those players (probably not, its a bit of a pipe dream) but with a chance at drafting McDavid next year with our pick, it might make it worth it for them to take a chance on this trade. Don't want to trade Klefbom, but I think it would take either him or Marincin to get the deal done (don't really want to trade either, but you gotta give to get, maybe see if they would take Petry instead, but I doubt it).

Anyways, if he could pull off those trades, our line-up would looks like this...

Hall - E.Staal - Stewart
Perron - J.Staal - E. Kane
Hendricks - Gordon - Jones/ UFA signing
Joensuu - Lander - Gazdic

Myers - Schultz
Marincin - Byfuglien
Ference - Petry
Nurse

Scrivens
Fasth

That's a huge improvement in size at both centre and defense, toughness, 2 way play, we would still have a ton of skill with that top 6 (re-sign Stewart 3yrs, 4.5 per) and our payroll would be around 66.33 million approximately (depending on what you re-sign a couple of those players for). Basically it would solve most of our problems (not all, but a lot of them).

I dunno, if they don't try something like this, there is no reason to even bother watching this trainwreck again next year. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of picking top 2 every year, we obviously cant develop young players, so whats the point of drafting high every year? We tried it, it didn't work (even though it was pretty much the only option management had at the time), so it's time to try it through the trade route IMO.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I honestly would go as high as 8.25 mill/year for Markov for 2 years.

We don't need the cap space in the short term and our young D need a mentor in the worst way and the forwards need the puck moved up to them. The PP needs a point shot in the worst way too.

Spend some of the money, it's Katz' anyway, and he owes the fans after getting his sweetheart arena deal.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Well, after unfortunately watching the game tonight and seeing as we're not winning any more games this year and instead of risking having a mass exodus (both fans and players), if I was MacT, I would be putting everybody on the trading block except Hall and Nurse, I would be trying these 3 trades in order to get bigger, tougher, more experienced and meaner so that we can compete in our division, so here goes....

1st Trade:

Yak and 2014 1st to Buffalo for Myers and Stewart (we would probably have to add a bit though, not sure what)

2nd Trade:

RNH, Gagner, 2015 2nd, Musil + to Carolina for E.Staal and J. Staal

3rd Trade:

Eberle, 2015 1st, Klefbom to Winnipeg for Byfuglien and Kane

So, if he could swing these trades, we would be giving up a shot at Ekblad and McD, but I would rather compete now, not 5 years down the road, its been long enough out of the playoffs, these players would help us immediately (despite what people think of Stewart or Myers or Big Buff on here, all of those players are better than what is on the team now). I'm not saying these trades are doable, maybe they are, maybe not, but I would be on the phone constantly with these teams to see what kind of deal can be made for those players.

Buffalo is obviously going the same route we tried so they might do it so they can get the top 2 picks and Yak.

With the rumours of Eric being on the block, I'm pretty sure if that's true, that the brothers are the same as the Sedins, they will probably want to play on the same team, which might make this trade possible (Eric only has 2 more yrs on his contract, we could try to re-sign him to match the term with his brother), and Jordan is locked up for 6 yrs, our centre depth would be solved and Carolina gets a potential young 1C locked up for 6 yrs and cheaper than Eric, and we could maybe add picks or prospects to sweeten the deal.

Not sure if Winnipeg would trade those players (probably not, its a bit of a pipe dream) but with a chance at drafting McDavid next year with our pick, it might make it worth it for them to take a chance on this trade. Don't want to trade Klefbom, but I think it would take either him or Marincin to get the deal done (don't really want to trade either, but you gotta give to get, maybe see if they would take Petry instead, but I doubt it).

Anyways, if he could pull off those trades, our line-up would looks like this...

Hall - E.Staal - Stewart
Perron - J.Staal - E. Kane
Hendricks - Gordon - Jones/ UFA signing
Joensuu - Lander - Gazdic

Myers - Schultz
Marincin - Byfuglien
Ference - Petry
Nurse

Scrivens
Fasth

That's a huge improvement in size at both centre and defense, toughness, 2 way play, we would still have a ton of skill with that top 6 (re-sign Stewart 3yrs, 4.5 per) and our payroll would be around 66.33 million approximately (depending on what you re-sign a couple of those players for). Basically it would solve most of our problems (not all, but a lot of them).

I dunno, if they don't try something like this, there is no reason to even bother watching this trainwreck again next year. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of picking top 2 every year, we obviously cant develop young players, so whats the point of drafting high every year? We tried it, it didn't work (even though it was pretty much the only option management had at the time), so it's time to try it through the trade route IMO.
So your plan is to ship out our younger core players and prime 1st draft picks who are not preforming up to expectations for veterans on other non playoff teams that are not preforming to expectations and overpay. Yea no thanks.

TimeForAnOilChange

From OTTERS 2 OILERS
May 4, 2010
Made by MacTambLowe
So your plan is to ship out our younger core players and prime 1st draft picks who are not preforming up to expectations for veterans on other non playoff teams that are not preforming to expectations and overpay. Yea no thanks.

Well, have fun watching the same garbage again next year then. I'll be watching to see if you b*** and moan about this "team" next year and I will at least get a good chuckle from it.

Just in case you haven't gotten the memo yet....THIS TEAM BLOWS!!!!!!

Oh wait, it looks like you did get the message already, it says so right in your username. :laugh:

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Well, have fun watching the same garbage again next year then. I'll be watching to see if you b*** and moan about this "team" next year and I will at least get a good chuckle from it.

Just in case you haven't gotten the memo yet....THIS TEAM BLOWS!!!!!!

Oh wait, it looks like you did get the message already, it says so right in your username. :laugh:

Still makes no sense to ship out all our top under 25 players and prime 1sts for a bunch of under achieving vets from other ****y teams, would be moaning even worse. I stand by that if you employ a great coach it can turn a team around . Colorado was worse than us last year people were questioning their young players as well last year ,look at them now. Anaheim finished 4 points ahead of us in 2011/12 hired Boudreau look at them now , look what he did in Washington as well took a struggling team to near top of standings. look what Hitchcock did in ST.Louis they were a bottom of the league team till he took them over.

Last edited:

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
I would turn him into a forward, like Burns in San Jose. But, he's not a 7M forward. He's Toronto's problem. Hahahaha

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Phaneuf at 80 % salary and Clarkson at 75 % salary would be ok , But if his attitude real sucks i would say no . If I am Mac T and he is offer to the Oilers i would check these rumours of a bad attitude out very closely .

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
I am slightly optimistic about the offseason - because I think MacT will be making the necessary changes. Two things we could really use are steady defenders (duh). The UFA field is littered with underrated no.4 minute guys.

Orpik
Niskanen
Quincey
Stralman
Nikitin
Fayne
Diaz
Gilbert

It will be great to see MacT peddle Eberle and/or Yakupov to improve the D. Adding one of the above would add some needed depth.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
To Edmonton:
Jakub Voracek
Sean Couturier
Dustin Byfuglien

To Philly:
Jordan Eberle
EDM 2nd in 2015
Mark Arcobello
David Musil

To Winnipeg:
Nail Yakupov

and then

To Edmonton:
Sam Gagner

To Toronto:
Nazem Kadri

sign Penner and Kulemin, re-sign Smyth

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien
Perron-Kadri-Voracek
Penner-Couturier-Kulemin
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Gagner and Eberle for Byfuglien and their first.

Winnipeg needs scoring Edmonton needs thump.
Gagner needs a new environment badly and will do fine with all the big guys around him
Eberle needs to be a star and needs to learn to play harder, where better than Winnepeg.
Byfuglien needs a fresh go.

All works out. Of course we need a centre but Arco might work ok until a star is born.

Edit: a bit of over pay by us.

Last edited:

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
I would go after Eric Staal. Signed 2 more years 9.25M and 9.5M real world money. Cap hit of 8.25M. That's some big coin, I'm sure Staal has a NTC so it would take some coaxing to get him here. What he's worth value wise? Not really sure, but I say Gagner, Musil and '15 2nd rounder.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
The Leafs have lost 8 in a row and fallen out of playoff contention at the worst possible time in the season. If you've watched any of those games, you'd know just how terrible Dion has been. A good share of the blame for this slide belongs to their captain.

Now, if we want to have a serious trade discussion with TOR, something involving Yakupov for Gardiner or Reilly is where I'd go.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
To Edmonton:
Jakub Voracek
Sean Couturier
Dustin Byfuglien

To Philly:
Jordan Eberle
EDM 2nd in 2015
Mark Arcobello
David Musil

To Winnipeg:
Nail Yakupov

and then

To Edmonton:
Sam Gagner

To Toronto:
Nazem Kadri

sign Penner and Kulemin, re-sign Smyth

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien
Perron-Kadri-Voracek
Penner-Couturier-Kulemin
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks

Philly doesn't do that deal. Voracek and Eberle probably have similar value (Ebs IMO has a little more) so its basically arcobello, musil and a 2nd for Couturier. Philly would be nuts to do that. Also the Leafs would want more for Kadri than just Gagner. Kadri is basically a younger, better Gagner.

By doing these deals, although we have upgraded our forward depth, we have traded all our pieces that have value (that we are willing to trade) without bringing in a single Dman. Except Byfuglien. That puts a lot of pressure on macT to sign free agent Dmen. But adding Niskanen, Nikitin and another Dman to that great forward group makes this a pretty strong team.

Oh but btw Penner and Kulemin on third line would be a fantastic idea!

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
I would go after Eric Staal. Signed 2 more years 9.25M and 9.5M real world money. Cap hit of 8.25M. That's some big coin, I'm sure Staal has a NTC so it would take some coaxing to get him here. What he's worth value wise? Not really sure, but I say Gagner, Musil and '15 2nd rounder.

If that's all it takes to get him then you make that deal and run fast!

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Big game hunting doesnt work for this team. And I really don't think MacT actually has the balls to be BOLD and move one of the young guys.

I really think that if BUF ends up with the NYI pick this year, that they will take Ekblad at #1 and pick up whichever forward is left. I'd target the Islanders - really think that they'd be looking to make news given how bad the Vanek thing turned out for them.

Assuming we pick 2nd, who would do this:

Draft Reinhart at 2.

To NYI:

Yak
Gagner (JT's BFF)
Musil
Gernat

To EDM:

G. Reinhart
Nelson
Clutterbuck

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Why do you guys think every team in the NHL is lining up to send off good players for a collection of Sam Gagner, Jordan Eberle and our B and C level prospects?

Why would teams higher in the standings than us seriously want our players?

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
I think MacT would do it. I also think he's smart enough to know he shouldn't.

So that really leaves us know where but in the hunt for Eichel/McDavid. I'm fine with that, but if that is their plan, it would be really nice to have someone in the franchise declare it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad