Seravalli: Price of Brandon Hagel “ 1st, Top Prospect + Another Asset”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
He's quietly putting up a 50pt season, he's 23, he's signed for $1.5m for the next two seasons, and he's probably the Hawks best two-way forward.

He's absolutely not a household name, but the asking price does make sense.
who are his most common linemates?

Ledge And Dairy

Hagel isn't going to get top 6 minutes where ever he goes.

Might not even get 2nd wave pp time.

There is a bit of a risk with Hagel.
This is assuming he's traded.

Coleman didn't get top 6 minutes in Tampa, and he didn't get any PP time. 19 of Hagel's 27 points this year are at 5v5. It's not like he needs PP time to be very effective.

What risk? he's 23 and plays a very relentless style hockey

I feel like you really don't get how good he is right now or where his potential can get him to. He's a sophomore in the league

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
You get get a first. You get a first. You get a first. Um, there's only "inset amount of 1st round picks left for 2022" from contenders. TRADE THEM ALL!

But why are the Hawks interested in trading a 23 year old anyway?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
This is assuming he's traded.

Coleman didn't get top 6 minutes in Tampa, and he didn't get any PP time. 19 of Hagel's 27 points this year are at even strength. It's not like he needs PP time to be very effective.

I feel like you really don't get how good he is right now or where his potential can get him to. He's a sophomore in the league

True, but did Coleman have a Patrick Kane, or DeBrincat ?

Coleman did have Hall for a bit of the first season where he scored 20, but didn't really play with Hall 5 on 5

Brandon Hagel plays with Kane over 20% of his 5 on 5 play

A lot of his linemates consist of Kane, Toews, Dach, DeBrincat. Toews likely isn't considered his elite self anymore and that's fair. The difference is Coleman didn't play regularly with a player of Kane's ability.

Pretty obvious he won't have a bottom 6 linemate like Kane. Whomever buys him, if at that price is getting taken for a ride.

He's a bit of a journeyman, so hopefully it works out, but I'd stay away from him thinking he'd have the same presence that Coleman brought. Could get a Goodrow return. Hagel + pick for a 1st.

Ledge And Dairy

True, but did Coleman have a Patrick Kane, or DeBrincat ?

Coleman did have Hall for a bit of the first season where he scored 20, but didn't really play with Hall 5 on 5

Brandon Hagel plays with Kane over 20% of his 5 on 5 play

A lot of his linemates consist of Kane, Toews, Dach, DeBrincat. Toews likely isn't considered his elite self anymore and that's fair. The difference is Coleman didn't play regularly with a player of Kane's ability.

Pretty obvious he won't have a bottom 6 linemate like Kane. Whomever buys him, if at that price is getting taken for a ride.

He's a bit of a journeyman, so hopefully it works out, but I'd stay away from him thinking he'd have the same presence that Coleman brought. Could get a Goodrow return. Hagel + pick for a 1st.
He's played 11.5% of his total 5v5 ice time this year with DeBrincat. So no he really hasn't played with DeBrincat. Strome sure, but not Cat.

Do you have selective reading or something? He's in his 2nd NHL season and is 23. How do you come to the conclusion that he is a journeyman? This is different from Coleman entirely, but because of his age, contract, and results he should easily return the Coleman package

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Did anybody actually listen to the podcast this news came from?

Cause according to Seravalli, teams have already offered the Blackhawks a 1st and a prospect for Hagel…

Seravalli: “Is it worth it to the Blackhawks to keep Hagel? Or to get a price close to that and move him?”

Gregor: “But do you think you can get a first-rounder for Brandon Hagel?”

Seravalli: “Can they get a first? There are teams that have offered a first and a prospect.”

Gregor: “For Hagel?!”

Seravalli: “Yes.”

Gregor: “Well, if I’m Chicago, I’m taking that.”

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I’m humored at the number of posters admitting they are clueless about good players outside their own team. Hagel gets a 1st and a good prospect easily. As the story clearly tells … that has already been offered.

I am though enjoying the clueless then claiming they know what a guy is worth.

Reactions: Sinbad

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
I don't like the trade Hagel idea, as a Hawks fan. Age, production and playing style, he's the kinda guy you want on your team. If he was traded, I'd asking for a 1st+.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Can't wait to laugh when the return is nowhere near a 1st, Top Prospect + Another Asset.

It'll be late 1st, a "top prospect" (some teams #4-5 best prospect), and the other asset will be a 3rd or whatever roster winger gets pushed out.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Hagel is a very good player on a bargain contract. If I'm the hawks, yeah I'm asking for a 1st and a top prospect. Otherwise, keep him. He's not someone they have to move so it absolutely should take an overpayment to get him.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I’m humored at the number of posters admitting they are clueless about good players outside their own team. Hagel gets a 1st and a good prospect easily. As the story clearly tells … that has already been offered.

I am though enjoying the clueless then claiming they know what a guy is worth.

Then why has the deal not been announced? Hawks are my second favourite team and I do not think the value on him is as high as some hawk fans want to believe. he is good but not that good

Most games I have seen have had him on a line with Debrincat

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I am still very confused… why are the Blackhawks trading him? If he’s such a good piece/ bargain (and hawks aren’t getting any younger) then why bother trading him?

I’ve heard of him but not enough to correlate him with a 1st round pick/ prospect. That seems a bit far fetched.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
BoringWellinformedJellyfish-max-1mb.gif

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Then why has the deal not been announced? Hawks are my second favourite team and I do not think the value on him is as high as some hawk fans want to believe. he is good but not that good

Most games I have seen have had him on a line with Debrincat
If you “most games” see him with DeBrincat then you don’t watch very often. I’d say he plays about 10% with him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I am still very confused… why are the Blackhawks trading him? If he’s such a good piece/ bargain (and hawks aren’t getting any younger) then why bother trading him?

I’ve heard of him but not enough to correlate him with a 1st round pick/ prospect. That seems a bit far fetched.

He's shooting almost 20% this season, trying to sell high would be my guess. There could a decent market for him, teams might jump at a guy that is playing top 6 minutes with top 6 results and only makes 1.5 mil for two more seasons after this.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
He's shooting almost 20% this season, trying to sell high would be my guess. There could a decent market for him, teams might jump at a guy that is playing top 6 minutes with top 6 results and only makes 1.5 mil for two more seasons after this.
The low cap part is good… the high shooting % probably will swing back around (eventually). I can understand a 2nd but 3 good pieces is aggressive.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The low cap part is good… the high shooting % probably will swing back around (eventually). I can understand a 2nd but 3 good pieces is aggressive.

You always start with high demands. Its also not clear if "another asset" is a good piece or just a guy to take his roster spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad