Seravalli: Price of Brandon Hagel “ 1st, Top Prospect + Another Asset”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Detroit just came out and said, they want 3 1sts and 2 2nds for Dekeyser. He is going nowhere for anything less.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Hagel was part of my 32 team dynasty league championship last year. I like him and I dont think Id trade him right now unless it was overpay
asking price seems fine no reason for Chicago to trade him. hes young enough he can be part of the team when they are ready to roll again and hes only going to get better

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Please explain why a worse player is worth 5x as much.

I mean this entire thread is basically:

“I don’t know anything about this player. That probably means my belief that he sucks is true. Rather than read up on what makes Hagel such a valuable commodity - which has been explained multiple times in this thread - I’d rather just make a snarky comment that highlights my ignorance and that dozens of posters have already made variations of. Because that is what the internet is for.”

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
SpecificMarvelousAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I came in to say who too. But after seeing and bit of background on the guy, the asking price absolutely valid.

Guys like this are golden to cup contending teams. I would not be surprised in least to see Toronto or similar team pursue this.

2 more years at 1.5 and he has strong motor, 2 way game, and can put up 40ish points and only 23? Yea, he's getting AT LEAST a first.

Coleman returned a 1st+notable prospect. Asking price def same.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ledge And Dairy

I came in to say who too. But after seeing and bit of background on the guy, the asking price absolutely valid.

Guys like this are golden to cup contending teams. I would not be surprised in least to see Toronto or similar team pursue this.

2 more years at 1.5 and he has strong motor, 2 way game, and can put up 40ish points and only 23? Yea, he's getting AT LEAST a first.

Coleman returned a 1st+notable prospect. Asking price def same.
Also remember that Coleman was significantly older, had 1 less year of a cheap contract and wasn't an RFA at the end of the deal

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The value of a low caphit contract needs to be put in perspective. For example, for the Avs it could be the difference in having to let Burakovsky walk in the offseason or being able to squeeze him in (along with Kuemper, Nichuskin, and Francouz). Is a high price in futures worth it if it enables you to keep a pending UFA instead of losing them for nothing?...

He's not as good as Hagel but I think LOC is a guy who's inherent value to his club and his beauty contract elevate his importance in a similar way. It's just lovely that Sakic was able to extend LOC for basically a million bucks for the next 3 years after this one. To have a third line spot basically on lockdown for that cheap with a guy who has shown nothing but determination to get better after being an after-thought prospect is golden.

I would be shocked if the Avs hadn't inquired about Hagel. I don't think they'll pay that price but he's a guy that is in the absolute wheelhouse of what this management team looks for.

Reactions: Richard88

Ledge And Dairy

And Coleman had back-to-back 20 goal seasons, 3 shorthanded goals that season and waaaaay more physical than Hagel.
Hagel is a different style player than Coleman, He doesn't hit as much but he's still an excellent grinder and PK's. As I said earlier in the thread Hagel over the last 2 seasons reminds me A LOT of Mangiapane in his first 2 years. If he turns out anything like that it's a massive win for whoever pays the OP's asking price

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
He's not as good as Hagel but I think LOC is a guy who's inherent value to his club and his beauty contract elevate his importance in a similar way. It's just lovely that Sakic was able to extend LOC for basically a million bucks for the next 3 years after this one. To have a third line spot basically on lockdown for that cheap with a guy who has shown nothing but determination to get better after being an after-thought prospect is golden.

I would be shocked if the Avs hadn't inquired about Hagel. I don't think they'll pay that price but he's a guy that is in the absolute wheelhouse of what this management team looks for.
Yeah, contracts like those in the bottom 6 is how contenders keep their cup window open. With Hagel the Avs would be looking at having a bottom 6 costing less than $7m next season assuming JTC and/or Jost are moved (as rumoured in the Giroux trade).

Hagel $1.5m --- Newhook ELC -- O'Connor $1.05m ($3.55m)
UFA/ELC ~$1m --- Maltsev $1m? -- NAK $1.2m? ($3.2m)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hagel is a different style player than Coleman, He doesn't hit as much but he's still an excellent grinder and PK's. As I said earlier in the thread Hagel over the last 2 seasons reminds me A LOT of Mangiapane in his first 2 years. If he turns out anything like that it's a massive win for whoever pays the OP's asking price

Hagel isn't going to get top 6 minutes where ever he goes.

Might not even get 2nd wave pp time.

There is a bit of a risk with Hagel.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
As one NHL scout put it, he’s a really average player as soon as he stops moving his feet. He’s really not a long term top-6 solution and we won’t be good enough during his current deal to move him to the third line.

hmm. ok. Respect to that scout, but he's a pretty good player. I'd think they'd hold on to this guy. At the very least, if he keeps scoring he continues to make a name for himself and is worth a lot more in a year or so. Strange that his name is out there.

upload_2022-2-15_9-29-41.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad