Proposal: Price for Vlasic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
yeah, youre giving a goalie his probable wish in moving out west on a non rebuilding team, and taking a a cheaper vet Dman (from Montreal no less) who could mentor young Dmen like ROmanov, Guhle, Norlinder, Mailloux.

How else do you think they can trade Price without retaining over 50% of his salary? Lets hear your REALISITIC proposals.

Your the only one who thinks this make sense so i'm done explaining something you'll never be able to understand.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
you think Price wants to be part of this rebuild and wouldnt want to go out west at this point?

of course we dont WANT Vlasic, but thats what you have to take in order to trade Price WITHOUT salary retained
Montreal retaining 50% of Price's salary is still better than trading for Vlasic and his salary
Montreal reject this trade.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
cus the Habs are bound for another playoff run soon...... riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Everyone and their grandmothers knows this team is rebuilding and have no use for Price anymore.

The Habs have much less use for Vlasic. With all his health troubles, Price will most likely finish his contract LTIRetired. If he does somehow get healthy, then he's worth more than Vlasic at $7M per year for several more seasons -- either in a trade, or playing net for Montreal.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
with SJ in the playoff picture and clearly having goalies woes, could this be one of the only possible trades the Habs can move Price WITHOUT retaining salary?

Vlasic has his own horrible contract at $7M until 2026, but cheaper than Price.
Awful trade for Montreal. The Canadiens trading Price and two 4th-round picks for San Jose's 7th-rounder in 2027 would be better than what you are offering.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Montreal retaining 50% of Price's salary is still better than trading for Vlasic and his salary
Montreal reject this trade.
Exactly. We would than at least get assets back instead of a WASHED UP 34 YR OLD 7 MIL d-MAN.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
theyre a playoff team right now last I checked, and this is without their best prospect. Granted, they probably wont be contenders soon, but crazier things have happened.

Eklund, Hertl, Meier isnt a bad core for the next 4-5 years.
It’s not a cup winning core

They need to rebuild

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
cus the Habs are bound for another playoff run soon...... riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Everyone and their grandmothers knows this team is rebuilding and have no use for Price anymore.
The Habs are not bound for another playof run soon. That is correct.

What’s wrong with your proposal, in my opinion, is that you’re not optimizing the return for Price. Instead of taking on Vlasic’s deadweight 7M, you could retain 50% on Price (5.25M) and get a decent return (1st or a good prospect). Vlasic isn’t getting you that.

edit: @Habs10025 well said. I just saw your post after I made mine.

Reactions: Kimota

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
The Habs are not bound for another playof run soon. That is correct.

What’s wrong with your proposal, in my opinion, is that you’re not optimizing the return for Price. Instead of taking on Vlasic’s deadweight 7M, you could retain 50% on Price (5.25M) and get a decent return (1st or a good prospect). Vlasic isn’t getting you that.

edit: @Habs10025 well said. I just saw your post after I made mine.
could be, but I dont think even at 50% retained the Habs will get any return unless EDM are desperate as hell. Price is a declining goalie, even at $5.25M is a bad contract.

Would have to be like a 3 way trade where TWO teams retain 50%.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
could be, but I dont think even at 50% retained the Habs will get any return unless EDM are desperate as hell. Price is a declining goalie, even at $5.25M is a bad contract.

Would have to be like a 3 way trade where TWO teams retain 50%.
Price at 5.25 is easily >>>> than a already declined 7 mil player.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Your the only one who thinks this make sense so i'm done explaining something you'll never be able to understand.
the only thing youve tried explaining is that Price "can still be great", which doesnt help the Habs at all.

Of course Vlasic has a bad contract as well, but its cheaper, and possibly the ONLY way to get rid of Prices FULL contract. Vlasic is a better buyout too.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
the only thing youve tried explaining is that Price "can still be great", which doesnt help the Habs at all.

Of course Vlasic has a bad contract as well, but its cheaper, and possibly the ONLY way to get rid of Prices FULL contract. Vlasic is a better buyout too.
Trading Price at 50% is better than taking on a 7 mil contract which nobody wants.
At 50 % retention there would be a few teams lining up for Price.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Exactly this.

Vlasic is the arguably the worst contract in the game today.
8 years of a caphit. Ouch!

Price will likely retire before his contract is up. And Price was providing all-world goaltending in the playoffs...

Vlasic is barely an NHLer at this stage.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Assuming both players waive, I would still say no as a Sharks fan just due to the cap hit. We are rebuilding too and need the cap space. If we are taking on a bad contract then, I would like something back. But no way is that happening if we are sending Vlassic back. At this point Vlassic is a bottom pairing defenseman who is struggling not to be passed on the depth chart by our prospects, and may very well be the worst contract in the NHL. But Price is worse for us due to all of our bad contracts despite still being a great player.

Reactions: Gecklund

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Trading Price at 50% is better than taking on a 7 mil contract which nobody wants.
At 50 % retention there would be a few teams lining up for Price.
so the Habs are on the hook for $5.25M for nothing.

On the other hand, if you buyout Vlasic, it would cost you a bit in the short run, and less than $2M after 2025-26.

I guess its close

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Assuming both players waive, I would still say no as a Sharks fan just due to the cap hit. We are rebuilding too and need the cap space. If we are taking on a bad contract then, I would like something back. But no way is that happening if we are sending Vlassic back. At this point Vlassic is a bottom pairing defenseman who is struggling not to be passed on the depth chart by our prospects, and may very well be the worst contract in the NHL. But Price is worse for us due to all of our bad contracts despite still being a great player.
Does Kane's contract still count to the cap or has that been erased now?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
so the Habs are on the hook for $5.25M for nothing.

On the other hand, if you buyout Vlasic, it would cost you a bit in the short run, and less than $2M after 2025-26.

I guess its close
To replace what Price brings will cost you 7 to 8 million / season (for a star starting goaltender). To replace what Vlasic brings will cost you 750K / season.

You do the math...

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
To replace what Price brings will cost you 7 to 8 million / season (for a star starting goaltender). To replace what Vlasic brings will cost you 750K / season.

You do the math...
Habs dont care about having a star goaltender, and hes not going to be one by the time the Habs are a playoff team again.

Theyll be paying $10.5M for a goalie who HURTS their chances and getting top picks essentially. THis is the whole POINT in trading Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad