GDT: prey@note

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The season long trend of passing back into our own D zone continues in this game. Sometimes it looks like we're scared to just get the puck out of the zone.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
So he can get pushed around? I haven't seen anything from him thus far that leads me to believe he'd be more useful than Jaskin.
Can he play with the big boys is the worry, but the Blues would just have to call him up and see. People said the same about Schwartz and MSL wasnt even drafted due to his size. Not claiming he can be either, but until they give him a legit chance we'll never know.

Teams are gravitating towards youth and skill, maybe he could have a net postitive impact. Who knows..

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Honestly I dont care about your opinion. I have all the rights to be negative when we play like ****. You are happy by the way we play and with our PP?

Probably because we have won 7 games in a row so if we lose one game (which we haven't yet, it is still tied fyi) it is not the big deal you are making it out to be

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Wannstrom is a guy you bring along slowly IMO. He took time to adjust to the AHL and is still developing his game there. No reason to interrupt that process and potentially set him back.

Excellent point. I just like the type of player Wannstrom is over Rattie. I think Wannstrom is more physically ready.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Can he play with the big boys is the worry, but the Blues would just have to call him up and see. People said the same about Schwartz and MSL wasnt even drafted due to his size. Not claiming he can be either, but until they give him a legit chance we'll never know.

Teams are gravitating towards youth and skill, maybe he could have a net postitive impact. Who knows..
He looked pretty bad in camp. He was overwhelmed by the size and physicality. He needs more tome in the AHL where he is gaining more confidence in that area of his game.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
He doesn't finish more than Jaskin but does have a better shot. Against a goalie like Pekka and a shutdown team, I would prefer Jaskin. Rattie would fair better in wide open games.

Honestly of our top prospects, Rattie is the one I would move.
Im guessing you have watched him a lot more than me. That says a lot that you and others who have including the Blues arent giving him a chance at this point.

You guys have me changing my mind a bit. Still would like to see him get a shot.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Probably because we have won 7 games in a row so if we lose one game (which we haven't yet, it is still tied fyi) it is not the big deal you are making it out to be

I understand clearly RR10 opinion, but i don't understand why they played our PP1 like that. So strange.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Honestly I dont care about your opinion. I have all the rights to be negative when we play like ****. You are happy by the way we play and with our PP?

Like Robb said...They're 25% on the year.

Obvious small sample size is obvious.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I get what you're saying, but there's a significant difference between Rattie and Schwartz/MSL. I've never seen Schwartz actively avoid contact like Rattie does. I just see him getting eaten alive by the physicality at the NHL level. He wasn't even able to do anything when I saw him during the preseason.

I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, but I do think he's got a long ways to go before he's ready. He needs to add more strength.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Excellent point. I just like the type of player Wannstrom is over Rattie. I think Wannstrom is more physically ready.

Physically I would agree. But his game will be more dependent on coaching and development, which he seems to be getting here in Chicago.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I get what you're saying, but there's a significant difference between Rattie and Schwartz/MSL. I've never seen Schwartz actively avoid contact like Rattie does. I just see him getting eaten alive by the physicality at the NHL level. He wasn't even able to do anything when I saw him during the preseason.

I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, but I do think he's got a long ways to go before he's ready. He needs to add more strength.
Im going to have to trust you guys here and just agree with you. Ive only seen him a few times and I have to admit Im going off stat sheets and hype here for the most part.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
cole and pietrangelo have been pretty bad tonight. jackman has not been much better

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Need crisper passes on breakouts. They're snowballing after the 1st crappy pass.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

This. Plus it's November.

iPtFBrt.jpg

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Very good notice by Pang, d-man and forwards arent palying like team now. We need to tight up.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Im guessing you have watched him a lot more than me. That says a lot that you and others who have including the Blues arent giving him a chance at this point.

You guys have me changing my mind a bit. Still would like to see him get a shot.

I hope he gets a shot at the end of the season to rest guys if we can afford to allow that.

I am not completely down on him or anything like that. But I do think he might underwhelm some during tight checking/ physical games.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Im going to have to trust you guys here and just agree with you. Ive only seen him a few times and I have to admit Im going off stat sheets and hype here for the most part.

In terms of pure skill, I think he's NHL ready. It's the physical portion that needs a lot of work. He'll never be a physical player, but he still lacks the strenth to avoid being pushed around at will. This year and the off-season will be huge for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad