Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Hopefully nobody is taking this into very serious consideration. The Preds were NOT forced to waive Tolvanen just because of Cap issues. If they had really wanted to keep him, they could have found many different ways to do so. Maybe Poile wants to frame it that way or somebody does to make it sound like they had no choice, but that is just misdirection. They could put Boro on LTIR or temporarily assign Parssinen to the minors while determining if another player was eligible for LTIR, etc. So to me it says nothing... they could easily have kept Tolvanen just by doing any of several different moves that all NHL teams make every day. They CHOSE not to. They weren't forced.
Yeah this is the narrative they are pushing. Already heard Willie spewing it on the radio. Granted he doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground even if he was willing to call them out for it.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
And what is worse for me (not that anyone cares) is that living in IL and watching on CI I will have to watch the Blues feed for tonight's! o_O

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
What sucks about all these injuries is when this team fails to make the playoffs this year or gets stomped in the first round again, Poile will just give Hynes the pass of not having a full roster. Really starting to hope the season just falls off the rails and we get a management change top to bottom.

I hated the Hynes hire, then I warmed up to it, and now I hate it again. Dude sucks at this. Poile is clueless at this point in his career as well. Still love him tho. But it’s time

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Yeah this is the narrative they are pushing. Already heard Willie spewing it on the radio. Granted he doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground even if he was willing to call them out for it.
If we did this for cap purposes, it just says to me Poile doesnt know how to manage cap on a cap ceiling team which doesnt bode well for the offseason

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I know the transition in majority ownership by Haslam isn’t complete until the end of the 24/25 season but at what point during that time period does he get to start calling the shots from the front office?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
For years we've had people here complaining that the we weren't a "cap team". This is part of being close to the cap. There are FOUR defenders out ranging from day to day to IR, none are currently on LTIR. Combined they are about $10mil of cap hit. The two replacement d-men bring a combined $1.52mil hit, on top of the over $10mil sitting out hurt.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Many werent a fan when we waived rem pitlick in favor of holding onto grimaldi for a couple weeks. Rem went on and had a good year in montreal but has done nothing this season. So instant analysis was it was terrible decision... long term is more neutral though. Still pretty close circumstances.... waiving a young player so we can hold onto some older players....
It was still a really bad decision any way you look at it. Rem Pitlick may be a clone of Sanford/Sherwood in terms of talent ceiling but he was cut to keep a slot open for a guy who obviously didn't fit the Hynes goon squad system and struggled to get a contract in North America this season.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
For years we've had people here complaining that the we weren't a "cap team". This is part of being close to the cap. There are FOUR defenders out ranging from day to day to IR, none are currently on LTIR. Combined they are about $10mil of cap hit. The two replacement d-men bring a combined $1.52mil hit, on top of the over $10mil sitting out hurt.
Two dmen are out for a couple weeks. Id there any reason not to use LTIR? I know they have to be out for a certain amount of time once you put then on LTIR but it seems like McDonagh has a good chance of getting there

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Two dmen are out for a couple weeks. Id there any reason not to use LTIR? I know they have to be out for a certain amount of time once you put then on LTIR but it seems like McDonagh has a good chance of getting there

The only possible way to call up two more d-men without clearing cap space is to utilize LTIR. McDonagh may or may not get there based on his projected timeline ... unsure with Carrier and Lauzon at this point since we only have the initial projections (the requirement is 10 games + 24 calendar days). Boro has been out long enough but his hit is only $900k, enough to open room for one d-man from Milwaukee.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
They did have to screw some steel plates into McDonagh's face to rebuild his skull, so it seems like he'll be back ready to go any second now. Just give him a Motrin and go. :sarcasm:

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I have not once been so disinterested in Preds hockey since we have been in team way back in 1998. Tolvanen gone and still no tomasino call up? Just let him rot down there while the team is doing so well in the NHL right? smh.

Something major has to change. We are a joke right now.

Reactions: Enoch

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I don’t believe that the front office of the Predators organization can manage an LTIR shuffle like Tampa and Vegas can.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I have not once been so disinterested in Preds hockey since we have been in team way back in 1998. Tolvanen gone and still no tomasino call up? Just let him rot down there while the team is doing so well in the NHL right? smh.

Honest questions for you. Do you believe that Tomasino is going to make a big enough difference on this roster to turn them into a Stanley Cup contender?
Do you trust the current coaching staff and management to put Tomasino in a position to succeed?

Reactions: Enoch

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005

There's no roster room since neither Carrier nor Lauzon is on IR right now .... 23 currently active. Not that Tomasino is a clear callup based on the play of other forwards in Milwaukee.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
There's no roster room since neither Carrier nor Lauzon is on IR right now .... 23 currently active. Not that Tomasino is a clear callup based on the play of other forwards in Milwaukee.
Seems like an odd choice not to put carrier on ir. Hes listed as week to week. Lauzon as day to day might not get ir'd

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Seems like an odd choice not to put carrier on ir. Hes listed as week to week. Lauzon as day to day might not get ir'd

It really depends on the specifics and severity of Carrier's injury. If it's a head issue then he could be back this weekend or it might be months ... there is still a need for evaluation.

When looking to Milwaukee, there are options. Novak, Tomasino, Evangalista, Nurmi, and a longshot for Sherwood. The nameplate fixation here ignores performance.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
We can go through all of the stats, the player churn due to injury, spending to the cap, etc.

Bottom line for me is this team represents what is probably the most boring on the ice product I can remember. I don’t ever look forward to going to games this season and often just screw around on my phone when we’re there.

I’m not sure how they fix this.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We can go through all of the stats, the player churn due to injury, spending to the cap, etc.

Bottom line for me is this team represents what is probably the most boring on the ice product I can remember. I don’t ever look forward to going to games this season and often just screw around on my phone when we’re there.

Unless you change coaches it's definitely not going to change. I think part of the big issue is whatever Hynes wants them too do. NJ saw much of the same thing I think.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Add to that this forum also pretty much sucks with the same complaints and same back and forth all the time and I'm pretty much counting the days til Bundesliga and New Zealand league cricket are back.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Add to that this forum also pretty much sucks with the same complaints and same back and forth all the time and I'm pretty much counting the days til Bundesliga and New Zealand league cricket are back.
Well I mean when you keep seeing the same things over and over the complaints aren't going to change much. You can't really discuss something that isn't happening.

Reactions: bdub24

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
You can't use LTIR till the team is over the cap. My first thought was to eat cap on trades for picks BUT when you eat cap, you pay for that portion of the contract. Thus if you are team B to eat 2 mil on a cap, the traded player gets a check from you, the new team, and if team A retains, a check from team A. (But direct deposit makes this moot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad