Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Ek saying Preds are most likely spot for Puljujarvi trade as of late last night. Why!
Ek
Leaving the Eklund part aside, I don't see the point right now in Poile picking up any younger players, or projects, or players who might be struggling elsewhere. We don't have an environment right now where we could have any reasonable expectation of such a player turning things around here. It would be a waste of resources.

And anyway, we also have a plethora of in-house options up front, so again, why add another who might not be as good as some guys we have been keeping in Milwaukee all year?

Even just as "fun speculation", it doesn't seem to make sense. :dunno:

Reactions: bdub24

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Id take puljujarvi as long as hes basically free. If he doesnt improve, we dont extend a qualifying offer and it's no harm no foul. Hes a big body which our management and coach are in love with so he would get playing time.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Shit, it makes sense to me. Poile is always looking to find retread to turn into a top 6. I'm not saying it'll happen, but in my head I had thought Tolvanen for Puljujarvi seemed plausible.

Reactions: Byrddog

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Surprised some of the thinner teams earlier in the claim order didn't take him, but this is good for him... he goes to a better team than the Preds and a chance to make the playoffs? Hopefully he settles in and does well, the Kraken seem to have a fairly balanced lineup already. :handclap:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Yeah, I don't remember the last time we've made a move that's been pretty much universally hated from the second we made it. We'll see how it turns out.
Many werent a fan when we waived rem pitlick in favor of holding onto grimaldi for a couple weeks. Rem went on and had a good year in montreal but has done nothing this season. So instant analysis was it was terrible decision... long term is more neutral though. Still pretty close circumstances.... waiving a young player so we can hold onto some older players....

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Surprised some of the thinner teams earlier in the claim order didn't take him, but this is good for him... he goes to a better team than the Preds and a chance to make the playoffs? Hopefully he settles in and does well, the Kraken seem to have a fairly balanced lineup already. :handclap:
TBH he's probably gotta be happy as heck right now. Finally gets away from Hynes and goes to a team that is higher up in the standings.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Many werent a fan when we waived rem pitlick in favor of holding onto grimaldi for a couple weeks. Rem went on and had a good year in montreal but has done nothing this season. So instant analysis was it was terrible decision... long term is more neutral though. Still pretty close circumstances.... waiving a young player so we can hold onto some older players....
Pretty terrible decision. He had a year we don't have out of 99% of our prospects ever.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I have to check my own emotions on this move. I think realistically it doesn't really move the needle for us either way in a vacuum. I think the hype and hope I had for his development was higher than most just based on how he showed so early, so that brings my frustrations to the fore front. I'll say I have learned my lesson on buying into the hype. There are :insert team color: tinted glasses and then there's a huge leap up to get to the level of bias you see in the European market for "their" player". Tolvy was a prime example of this, but I suspect it happens on all the different national perspectives. Maybe Americans are the exception as they don't seem to care enough to hype their hockey guys I guess or maybe I have missed those threads.

Reactions: bdub24

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Pretty terrible decision. He had a year we don't have out of 99% of our prospects ever.
True and even though he hasnt accomplished anything this season, his paycheck is just slightly above the depth players that we brought in like sanford. So it isnt like it wouldve kneecapped us

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I have to check my own emotions on this move. I think realistically it doesn't really move the needle for us either way in a vacuum. I think the hype and hope I had for his development was higher than most just based on how he showed so early, so that brings my frustrations to the fore front. I'll say I have learned my lesson on buying into the hype. There are :insert team color: tinted glasses and then there's a huge leap up to get to the level of bias you see in the European market for "their" player". Tolvy was a prime example of this, but I suspect it happens on all the different national perspectives. Maybe Americans are the exception as they don't seem to care enough to hype their hockey guys I guess or maybe I have missed those threads.
I mean I've never been that hyped for him, hopeful but not a guy that thought he should have just walked in and been given top billing cause he was just that awesome. My major problem with the whole thing is that he did what was asked of him and then wasn't really put into a great position. I know he was on the " 2nd line " last season, but his strength was on that right side on the PP using that shot, and they never put him there. So while he wasn't great offensively for us they also cut the knees right out from under him.

I get that guys need to earn their time, but you can't hamstring them while they are trying to earn it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad