Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We have no idea how Afanasyev was utilized last season or what his development was focused on. Maybe his focus was away from the luck or working into space or just things he’s not comfortable with. It’s always dangerous to just base a young player on stats alone

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
We have no idea how Afanasyev was utilized last season or what his development was focused on. Maybe his focus was away from the luck or working into space or just things he’s not comfortable with. It’s always dangerous to just base a young player on stats alone
We also don't even really know if he was scratched in the playoffs just because he wasn't good enough, or if maybe he was injured, that kind of information tends not to be readily distributed by pro teams these days.

Still, it's pretty safe to say he wasn't as good in Milwaukee as players like Luff, Schneider, and Grimaldi were. And none of them are going to play for us this year either. There is no harm in him continuing to develop for another year in Milwaukee, working on any and all aspects of his game that he needs to work on if that's what he needs.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
I love rookie camp. Someone usually, unexpectedly plays well and we all go “Wow, who knew?”. Maybe there’s a star out there waiting to show out. It’s a great time!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I love rookie camp. Someone usually, unexpectedly plays well and we all go “Wow, who knew?”. Maybe there’s a star out there waiting to show out. It’s a great time!
You're so right. I used to love it when I had time to go to the sessions. Right now it's next to impossible. You think I could use "I should not be this busy. It's bad for me and Hockey makes me sane" as an excuse? My ownership has diminished with the merger -- can't just disappear with the explanation "it's hockey, duh" now.

Reactions: weeze

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
A goalie is going to get hurt in the NHL in the next 2 months. May even be a Preds goalie. Hypothetical:

A team come around to trade for Lanky. (I can't spell the guy's name.), or Ingram. What would be your asking price, IF everyone is healthy.

Saros [No, it better be one HELL of a deal and everyone is blowing our minds]
Lanky
Ingram
Askarov [No, future goaltending is gold. just no.]

My thought is this do the Preds think a goalie can go unclaimed in the goalie waiver-a-thon?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
A goalie is going to get hurt in the NHL in the next 2 months. May even be a Preds goalie. Hypothetical:

A team come around to trade for Lanky. (I can't spell the guy's name.), or Ingram. What would be your asking price, IF everyone is healthy.

Saros [No, it better be one HELL of a deal and everyone is blowing our minds]
Lanky
Ingram
Askarov [No, future goaltending is gold. just no.]

My thought is this do the Preds think a goalie can go unclaimed in the goalie waiver-a-thon?
The Preds basically already hung a "free to a good home" sign on Ingram the minute they signed Lankinen. So I don't see how they can ask for anything for him since they basically already opted to have him on waivers. Plus they probably want to get plenty of playing time in Milwaukee for Askarov, so there isn't really the same need for Ingram down there anymore either. He's $750k saved from their pockets if somebody picks him up, which is probably what they'd prefer at this point.

That by itself locks in the rest of our goalies as "not available" for trade.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The Preds basically already hung a "free to a good home" sign on Ingram the minute they signed Lankinen. So I don't see how they can ask for anything for him since they basically already opted to have him on waivers. Plus they probably want to get plenty of playing time in Milwaukee for Askarov, so there isn't really the same need for Ingram down there anymore either. He's $750k saved from their pockets if somebody picks him up, which is probably what they'd prefer at this point.

That by itself locks in the rest of our goalies as "not available" for trade.

All it takes is two teams in a bidding war. I could see the Preds go with 3 goalies for 8-10 reg. games. Shop, Get both Lanky and Ingram games and see if someone bites. If not, wave the loser. Please note; Preds only got Ingram for a 7th. anything to now is a win. If someone goes before training camp ends, that's a roster spot and cash.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
All it takes is two teams in a bidding war. I could see the Preds go with 3 goalies for 8-10 reg. games. Shop, Get both Lanky and Ingram games and see if someone bites. If not, wave the loser. Please note; Preds only got Ingram for a 7th. anything to now is a win. If someone goes before training camp ends, that's a roster spot and cash.
I'm not seeing it. Ingram probably clears waivers, there isn't going to be any bidding war. Let's see the training camp rosters and how the goalies play first, of course. But the Preds didn't sign Lankinen for $1.5M for no reason. I thought Lankinen kinda looked crappy the few times I saw him, but somebody went to bat for him to get that contract, it's hard to imagine what a couple of weeks in camp would change about the baseline plan on that front. :dunno:

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
I'm not seeing it. Ingram probably clears waivers, there isn't going to be any bidding war. Let's see the training camp rosters and how the goalies play first, of course. But the Preds didn't sign Lankinen for $1.5M for no reason. I thought Lankinen kinda looked crappy the few times I saw him, but somebody went to bat for him to get that contract, it's hard to imagine what a couple of weeks in camp would change about the baseline plan on that front. :dunno:
$1.5M seems to be the new $750k. 🥅

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Let's get this thread underway.

Training Camp opens on the 21st.

Rookie Camp is already underway. They are playing in the Rookie Showcase against Tampa right now, and then Carolina on Sunday and Monday.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Askarov with a beauty of a save sprawled out and got it with the glove as the TB player tried to lift it deep in the blue ice.

Stream is also quite solid. No issues buffering, clear enough to see numbers and names. Much better than some we have put out in years past.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad