Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Afanasyev should get a close look because he looked so good at last years camp. Sent down like most Pred forwards are and didn’t respond well for some reason but he’s a great prospect. Parrssinen also looks very good; like an older player with experience. Looks NHL caliber. Nurmi is an unknown performer. Problem is two-fold. First, Preds just insist that every forward go to Milwaukee and be pounded about D. Also, McCarron and Sanford are known, trusted players albeit they need to be pounded about O. Age old problem; first year players are not trusted in favor of older non-O guys.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'm just not sure how far playing well for a week last year really gets Afanasyev, Wasn't he scratched in the AHL playoffs last year? Hopefully he still develops into something but he's going to have to prove himself in the AHL to move back up the depth chart again I'd think.

Haven't seen him mentioned yet but John Leonard is another guy with an outside shot to get some NHL games this year.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think anything is guaranteed to anyone in those last spots. If Glass craps the bed in camp it's going to be a hard call to just hand him a spot.

I think Poile brought in a bunch of options this year, most of which won't kill you to bury on the bench or the AHL if they don't work out. That or teams will easily nab them on waivers.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think the most fierce battle will be for the last center spot. Obviously, Glass has the upper-hand due to his one-way status but I don't think Poile will shy away from waiving him if he just doesn't look ready. Novak is good option as well as is McCarron, imo.

I think the last winger spots will go to Sanford and Leonard/Sherwood. I don't see any of the younger guys stealing those spots as of yet.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I think the most fierce battle will be for the last center spot. Obviously, Glass has the upper-hand due to his one-way status but I don't think Poile will shy away from waiving him if he just doesn't look ready. Novak is good option as well as is McCarron, imo.

I think the last winger spots will go to Sanford and Leonard/Sherwood. I don't see any of the younger guys stealing those spots as of yet.
Just to be nitpicky I will note Glass has a 2-way contract and in fact the minimum AHL salary at 70,000. But we know what you meant in terms of not being waiver exempt anymore.

I tend to think that’s what will hurt the chances of Novak, Leonard and the Finns… being waiver exempt means they’ll have to stand out that much more in order to make it on opening night.

Reactions: Scoresberg

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Right now we have potential competition for spots on just about every line. Just starting with the top 6 there is the need to figure out which center an opposite winger Nino best fits with and how to fit him and Duchene into those lines ... then who is the 2nd winger on the 2nd line (Jeannot, Tomasino, someone else). The 4th line is a total guess right now.

Camp should be fun.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I don't think anything is guaranteed to anyone in those last spots. If Glass craps the bed in camp it's going to be a hard call to just hand him a spot.

I think Poile brought in a bunch of options this year, most of which won't kill you to bury on the bench or the AHL if they don't work out. That or teams will easily nab them on waivers.
The nice thing about the training camp waiver period is that teams are so busy sorting out their own business and there are sooooo many players on waivers that's it rare to actually lose anybody. Even if you think they are pretty decent players. I would expect pretty much any of our guys to clear, as a default. Carrier and Ingram clearing recently are good examples. If we waive any of Gross, Ingram, Sherwood, McCarron, etc... I'll be a little bit "shocked" if somebody claims them.
:dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017

They should do more stuff like this.

And if Jeannot has any extra gear... he might become my favorite player ever! But that said, I also feel like a lot of us are kind of expecting the opposite, like he might "drop back to mortal" next year? Like the end of the season foreshadowed that?
:dunno:

Reactions: cool beans

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Making a mock 18 man game roster and I only see 1 forward on Even strength and one player on PK 2

If you look at TOI/G and how much the team averages, It's usually PP1/PK1 play a whole penalty except for PK2/PP2 skates a shift a penalty.

For example PP1/PK1 skates 1:20 for a 2 minute penalty and PK2/PP2 gets :40 in that 2 mins. P1/k1 are the stars and P2/K2 give a blow to the 1.

I see room for a winger on the 4th line and He damn well be a great PKer.

Also PK1 should have a d-pair of Ekholm-McD. Drool worthy

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
DRAFT & AWARDS

1660846368390.png

Reactions: Soundgarden

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
“Were”… then they went to an Ed Sheeran concert… :naughty:

Personal anecdote about Ed Sheeran in concert... I went to a concert because my wife wanted to. After the first two songs I told her we would go see him every time we have a chance. I've never seen anyone able to generate such a powerful performance alone on stage.

I go to a lot of concerts, mostly rock, and the list of people who I would see every single time they're in town is not that lengthy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad