Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nurmi sorta came out of nowhere. It was kind of a situation like “Oh, he played with Parssinen; let’s give him a trial”. I’m impressed thus far.
He was drafted by Ottawa. Wonder if their rights just ran out. Either way he put up pretty good numbers with Parssinen and hes supposedto be pretty good defensively. hes got a pretty big frame as well

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I'm just impressed that the rookies scored 2 goals with the goalie pulled, even after giving up an eng.

We all know how that usually worked for the big club when we pulled the goalie.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I think it's really hard to evaluate players in this camp who have pro experience in men's leagues against some of the less experienced guys. It's nice to see them play and do well, but at the same time until they get to the main camp it has to be taken with the appropriate grains of salt.... main camp opens in just 2 days though, so it's almost time! :handclap:

Reactions: Scoresberg

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
I think it's really hard to evaluate players in this camp who have pro experience in men's leagues against some of the less experienced guys. It's nice to see them play and do well, but at the same time until they get to the main camp it has to be taken with the appropriate grains of salt.... main camp opens in just 2 days though, so it's almost time! :handclap:
Yeah, but everybody was a rookie once! First things first; job #1-look good in rookie camp. Now on to job #2.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I think it's just a weird feeling for Preds fans to get too hyped about forward prospects because of abysmal record the team has with developing forward talent in a consistent basis. A little PTSD in the fanbase.🤣

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
L'Heureux - Kondelik - Nurmi
Afanasyev - Pärssinen - Evangelista
Duarte - Veillette - Williams
Mutter - Huntington - Hausinger

Statsney - Prokop
Wilsby - Matier
Sward - Bouchard

Askarov

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Preds on the PP, with 5 mins left in the 1st.

I've really liked Wilsby & Statsney in this tournament. Nurmi, Pärssinen and Afanasyev have been good offensively. L'Heureux has been noticeable as well.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Preds on the PP, with 5 mins left in the 1st.

I've really liked Wilsby & Statsney in this tournament. Nurmi, Pärssinen and Afanasyev have been good offensively. L'Heureux has been noticeable as well.
L'Heureux is a better play maker than I realized. I think this is the first showcase he's really caught my attention. To me, the previous attention felt forced because he was an early pick in previous camps.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

Afanasyev crashing the net. He's scored in a variety of ways, been good in his own zone, and really skated well on the forecheck. Interested to see him in big boy camp next week. We got a preseason double header in 1 week, so hopefully he can keep the momentum.

I have noticed Nurmi is a really good forechecker as well.

Askarov is legit.

I like Afanasyev too. 79 that was on that line looked good too, looks huge btw.

Statsney looked solid

51 looks good on defense too.

Don’t have a roster in for t of me sorry.

Did not notice L’Heureux
Nurmi is 79

Matier is 51

Reactions: triggrman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad