Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Evangelista can finish. No doubt about that. That was smooth.

Boy...that line is head and shoulders above anyone else right now. Either side of the ice.

That was an impressive goal from d-zone to net.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
What a pass by Evangelista and Pärssinen makes it 4-1. Brillian stuff from that line.
That was a beautiful sequence from him. Good decision and placement on the dump in. Excellent retrieval. High level execution on that sequence all the way around.

Kondelik can't buy a goal. He's too use to passing the puck his stick doesn't understand shoot.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'll say I don't think it's any coincidence that Evangelista had his best game playing with Afanasyev and Parssinen. Parssinen sees the game extremely well and it seemed to be almost immediate Preds possession when he was on the ice. I think that's also a factor for the strong tourney Afanasyev had. Players feed off each other, and that seemed to be a really nice fit today. If they don't make it, I hope we see that line in Milwaukee.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'll say I don't think it's any coincidence that Evangelista had his best game playing with Afanasyev and Parssinen. Parssinen sees the game extremely well and it seemed to be almost immediate Preds possession when he was on the ice. I think that's also a factor for the strong tourney Afanasyev had. Players feed off each other, and that seemed to be a really nice fit today. If they don't make it, I hope we see that line in Milwaukee.
I will be a little surprised if Milwaukee isn't a "powerhouse" this season. I mean, it's always hard to really predict with AHL teams. But if all of these guys are there and we have a whole raft of top AHL veterans to go with them and coach Taylor back...
:popcorn:

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Glass has to be pretty darn good to win out over Parssinen if it comes to that. And Afanasyev is as ready as anyone I’ve seen lately. No offense meant to Tolvanen or Tomasino but Afanasyev looks readier than they did and they were pretty good last year. A couple of these rookies need some NHL ice time to continue the youth movement. Certainly I think I’ve seen better players than Cousins and Kunin; just less experienced.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I will be a little surprised if Milwaukee isn't a "powerhouse" this season. I mean, it's always hard to really predict with AHL teams. But if all of these guys are there and we have a whole raft of top AHL veterans to go with them and coach Taylor back...
:popcorn:

Ditto. but ask Viqsi. There are some teams who are going to bury a lot of NHL contracts or are getting a lot of quantity. (looking at you Bruins).

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Glass has to be pretty darn good to win out over Parssinen if it comes to that. And Afanasyev is as ready as anyone I’ve seen lately. No offense meant to Tolvanen or Tomasino but Afanasyev looks readier than they did and they were pretty good last year. A couple of these rookies need some NHL ice time to continue the youth movement. Certainly I think I’ve seen better players than Cousins and Kunin; just less experienced.
I hate to do it like this but Afanasyev and Parssinen are waiver exempt and glass isnt so glass might get priority when it comes to roster spots as he might be a easy waiver target due to draft pedigree and performance in the ahl last season.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I hate to do it like this but Afanasyev and Parssinen are waiver exempt and glass isnt so glass might get priority when it comes to roster spots as he might be a easy waiver target due to draft pedigree and performance in the ahl last season.
It might get him the first look but if guys behind him are ready and playing better, they’ll take his job

Reactions: nine_inch_fang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad