Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Really liking Parsinnen game. He looked good on the PK, as did Afanasyev.

I'd say they have pretty much dominated this game.
They've allowed a few long stretches of possession in their zone, but even in those moments TB is not generating anything. It's been very lopsided. Forwards have given excellent support and TB has hardly sniffed any scoring areas.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Preds invitee Cameron Hausinger just laid a solid beat down after a cleanish (caught mostly leg) open ice hit on one of his teammates. He landed a couple clean upper cuts. I'm not sure who he is, but he looked comfortable with his gloves off.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Matier 3-1. Primary assist to L'Heureux who has had some terrific passes in this game.

Now Mutter beat the heck out of someone :DD
You see the physicality with him, but he was up and down to me. He looked out of place on the PP. He couldn't even get wood on those cross ice feeds.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Watching this game, it sure seems like as a collective group of fans we might be low on Spencer Statsny. He is much closer to what people thought Farrance was than what Farrance actually was. He's smooth, sound, and not flashy.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Been sick with MS' kin of chemo. I am glad Askarov is looking great vs fellow rookies. If he looks great vs older players, whoh boy.

Reactions: Viqsi

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Askarov is so good at finding the puck through traffic and especially good in-close. He covers the bottom of the ice much like Vasilevski and he's big enough that there isn't much room high either.

When he reels himself in a bit and stops overplaying pucks and situations - look out.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The way he kicks out is important too. He doesn't go backwards towards his post the way you might think he would, he actually pushes forward toward the puck basically poke checking with his skate. Good stuff.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
The man just needs some games. I count 30 games total in the last 3 years. That’s shameful, Covid not withstanding. Practice time builds technique and muscle memory quite well but games are where you’re mentally challenged and rewarded for those long hours “in training”. This guy looks great considering how cast aside he has been in his home country. It seems pretty evident that if you’re headed to the NHL then Russia(or the KHL ) is done with you.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
I know this is rookie camp and these are rookie exhibition games, Ok? But I would not be opposed to a line of Nurmi, Parssinen and Afanasyev on the NHL ice. These guys may be young but they hardly look like rookies. The cupboard is not bare; lots of talent out there. This is exciting. Come on training camp!

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nurmi, Parssinen, and Afanasyev all pushing hard to make their case. I think Afanasyev should get first shot but Nurmi is the oldest so that may give him first shot. The others are waiver exempt

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Nurmi sorta came out of nowhere. It was kind of a situation like “Oh, he played with Parssinen; let’s give him a trial”. I’m impressed thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad