Poster predicts goal over 5 months out - to the period

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
That's nothing watch this.

Andrew Ladd will score the game winner for the Chicago blackhawks in double overtime against the Washington Capitals in game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals.There will be 7 minutes left in the period and the puck will take a weird deflection which a screened Holtby will not see.The Conn Smythe Trophy will go to Holtby for a losing cause and Ovechkin was a close runner up with 6 goals in the series with 2 of them being game winners. Chicago wins with high powered offense that wakes up to bail out a poor performance from Crawford in games 1 and 2 where the capitals took a 2-0 lead in the series. The Hawks win with scoring by committee and a surprising quiet finals for Patrick Kane who is shut down effectively.

This guy is just breaking all sorts of rules regarding the time travels code. I bet he has won a few lotteries as well, i would look into that. If my prediction comes true i will eat 40 pucks, or at Olive Garden, not sure which one is worse.

Last edited:

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
You know OP, if you get a magical monkey's paw you use it for actual wishes right?

Don't Homer Simpson it.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
This might be the craziest thing I have ever seen...

Also, shoutout to my future grandkids who will be reading this thread 40 years down the road. I can only hope that when you are reading this, posting in this thread won't be my life's greatest accomplishment

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
This might be the craziest thing I have ever seen...

Also, shoutout to my future grandkids who will be reading this thread 40 years down the road. I can only hope that when you are reading this, posting in this thread won't be my life's greatest accomplishment

"40 years ago Leafs21 predicted that posting in this thread was the greatest accomplishment of his life"

Reactions: Auston Escobar

ForsakenSabre

Save Us MIttelstadt
Jan 31, 2013
Buffalo
I love how he only posted when someone questioned his guess saying it could be better. Like how dare you insult him in that manner. I'd have an ebay page with autographs for sale if i did that :laugh:

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
How could it be that specific? I guess this is proof sports are fixed and the NWO Illuminati Reptilian Freemasons run everything.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
latest

What in the actual ****???

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
18 players per team, 2 teams = 36 players per game.

Average goals per game = 5.18 (this year)

Number of periods in a game = 3 (overtime obviously changes it slightly, but not important for this)

So, picking a random player, to score in a random period in any game where they score is: 5.18/36/3 = 0.0479 = 4.79%

With 15 guesses that would mean you'd have a 52% chance of being right at least once, 91% chance of being right at least once in 50 guesses.

Ah, it's for a specific player? Great,

190 gp, 5 goals, 3 periods a game = (190*30/)5 = 0.877% chance of guessing a goal in a period for Bartkowski.

In 50 guesses, a 35.6% chance to be right at least once for him. In 82 guesses, a 51.4% chance to be correct at least once.

The only reason this doesn't happen more often is people don't post specific guesses for when a player will score often. I am sure I did some math wrong but this is nowhere near winning the lottery odds or even close which would be something like a 0.0001% chance of getting at least 1 in 82 guesses correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad