Poster predicts goal over 5 months out - to the period

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
What are the mathematical odds of predicting this?

Just spit balling but I think earlier we established he scores roughly .05 goals per game? Divided by 3 periods is .016 goals per period (ignoring OT because it makes my head hurt)

so something like .016%? I am bad at stats, someone please help me.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Thread is already referenced on a conspiracy forum with one poster saying he's going to research the post history...

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Thread is already referenced on a conspiracy forum with one poster saying he's going to research the post history...

Beyond the inability to edit a post without it showing, other posters here have stated they read the post back when it was made, long before last night. Otherwise I would not have started this thread.

According to another poster, wayback machine says same. Certainly looks like it.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
He knows how to cheat the universe.. burn him before he takes over the power.

He even said he would by luca sbisa jersey if he is wrong. He is rubbing it, taunting it 5months before. This guy is outta control.

I'd even go as far as calling it the apocalypse is now. Somehow, he has come to earth to trigger it.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Meh ... broken clocks, blind squirrels, and such.

He picked a random game out of 82 and a random period out of 3. 246-1 odds, about the same as winning a church raffle.

Why yes, I am fun at parties.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Just spit balling but I think earlier we established he scores roughly .05 goals per game? Divided by 3 periods is .016 goals per period (ignoring OT because it makes my head hurt)

so something like .016%? I am bad at stats, someone please help me.

Should be 1.6%, assuming that he scores equally no matter who the opponent is or where/when the game is.

And he's never scored an OT goal so we'll just pretend he never will :sarcasm:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Oh Great Big Rings,

Ye of Immeasurably Prescience. I have a request which will be of profound ease to a man of such vision.

Who is going to win the 5th at Aqueduct. Post time is in 6 minutes.:laugh:

In all seriousness, what an amazing call. Odds have to been enormous against calling that one.

Last edited:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Questions that need answers:

1. Is Big Rings in the habit of making random predictions such as this?
2. Why did Big Rings make such a random prediction in the first place?

This is amazing. And slightly disturbing.

Also, this prediction is infinitely more amazing based on the fact that Bartkowski barely scores.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
6mDsX7U.jpg

/hfboards

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Meh ... broken clocks, blind squirrels, and such.

He picked a random game out of 82 and a random period out of 3. 246-1 odds, about the same as winning a church raffle.

Why yes, I am fun at parties.

But he also picked a random player. A random player whose likelihood of scoring a goal is considerably below average.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Questions that need answers:

1. Is Big Rings in the habit of making random predictions such as this?
2. Why did Big Rings make such a random prediction in the first place?

This is amazing. And slightly disturbing.

Also, this prediction is infinitely more amazing based on the fact that Bartkowski barely scores.

1. No
2. Predicting the Bartkowski's first NHL goal after never scoring in Boston.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, it's 1/256 if he scores every period. The chance is astronomically lower then that.

If he scores every period (256 goals a season) then the odds are 1/1 because no matter which period you pick, you're right.

Those are the odds without knowing how many goals in the season he will score. In practice you would have an easy time guessing a random period and being right for a guy like Ovechkin or Kane, because they score a lot more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad