Poster predicts goal over 5 months out - to the period

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah

Aug 7, 2014
Woodstock
If he scores every period (256 goals a season) then the odds are 1/1 because no matter which period you pick, you're right.

Those are the odds without knowing how many goals in the season he will score. In practice you would have an easy time guessing a random period and being right for a guy like Ovechkin or Kane, because they score a lot more often.

Yeah now I feel pretty dumb. That went way over my head. I guess what I meant was it is 1 of 256 goals not 1/256 chance of him scoring. Therefore if 256 people guessed you'd still have a 1/256 chance of guessing it right and what he did was more impressive then that.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If he averages 0.005 goals a game in the NHL (not sure if it's true, read it earlier in the thread)

There's a 1/200 chance in picking the correct game.
A 1/3 chance in picking the correct period

0.0017% chance, or 1 in 600.

IDK if that's right but

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I can now vouch for the fact this is legitimate.

This morning I got up and it dawned on me that I definitely remember reading the prediction back in the pre season.

The reason I remember it is because of the ridiculous Sbisa jersey bargain. Who wants a friggin Sbisa jersey ? The guy wanted one so badly he made a prediction that was virtually impossible to come true so he would have an excuse to buy it.

I distinctly remember that now.

I realize that there may be sarcasm in his intent but one has to also consider if he was being earnest. The scenario that he was being truthful was the thing that stuck in my mind.:laugh:

Has there ever been anyone on HF to correctly predict something this drastic before?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't know what's stranger. That Big Rings got such a prediction correct, or that he even devoted any thought to the matter in the first place.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Big Rings should I buy a house in 2016? My credit is good, but I'm in fear that the market might turn south and interest rates might go down by half a point.

Thank you God bless.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
The randomness of this is what makes it so beautiful. This should be on TSN

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This should be viral as hell.

I want to know what prompted the poster here to actually go back and find it. He must be someone who literally does mark everyone's words. Must have a....room of bookcases full of notebooks.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
k8DQE_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
One of the Canuck mods should contact Benning or someone in public relations and ask that Bartkowski and Sbisa give the guy a signed jersey.

Especially that 'Sbisa Millionares Jersey'. :laugh:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Just to show how amazing all this is, here's a breakdown of Matt Bartkowski's goal production since the USHL:

USHL - 7 goals; 1 playoff goal
NCAA - 11 goals
AHL - 11 goals
NHL - 3 goals; 1 playoff goal

Over the span of about 10 years, the guy has only scored 34 goals in his career! That's in 593 games including the playoffs. That's a 0.0573 goals per game.

[mod]

This is just god damn ridiculous...

Last edited by a moderator:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Meh ... broken clocks, blind squirrels, and such.

He picked a random game out of 82 and a random period out of 3. 246-1 odds, about the same as winning a church raffle.

Why yes, I am fun at parties.

Dude, you have any idea how wrong you are on this? I mean, odd's wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad