Poster predicts goal over 5 months out - to the period

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
This is just flat out amazing.

At the very least, the NHL should take notice of this and get Bartkowski to meet this guy. Id give him seasons to his favorite team for being so absolutely amazing.

You sir win the world.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
are-you-wizard.jpg

vaiski

Dec 27, 2015
I guess something like this is bound to happen but that is remarkable nonetheless. :handclap:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Alright... we gotta push this guy off a cliff now. If he flies back up to safety, we gotta burn him. If he's not actually a witch, he'll fall to his death and we can stop being jealous.

If he's a time traveler, he'll have seen this coming and it will be too late.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I traded Scuderi for Ehrhoff, and Ladd for Dano during the 4 round mock draft. Do I get a thread? :sarcasm:

Are you kidding? Those trades were way more likely to happen than Bartkowski scoring a goal. Stop seeking attention and give your head a shake.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
18 players per team, 2 teams = 36 players per game.

Average goals per game = 5.18 (this year)

Number of periods in a game = 3 (overtime obviously changes it slightly, but not important for this)

So, picking a random player, to score in a random period in any game where they score is: 5.18/36/3 = 0.0479 = 4.79%

With 15 guesses that would mean you'd have a 52% chance of being right at least once, 91% chance of being right at least once in 50 guesses.

Ah, it's for a specific player? Great,

190 gp, 5 goals, 3 periods a game = (190*30/)5 = 0.877% chance of guessing a goal in a period for Bartkowski.

In 50 guesses, a 35.6% chance to be right at least once for him. In 82 guesses, a 51.4% chance to be correct at least once.

The only reason this doesn't happen more often is people don't post specific guesses for when a player will score often. I am sure I did some math wrong but this is nowhere near winning the lottery odds or even close which would be something like a 0.0001% chance of getting at least 1 in 82 guesses correct.

You got to consider more then pure odds though. Like it would of been a safer bet to say Bartkowski would be a injured / healthy scratch / in the AHL for this game. when this prediction was bad he has 0 goals in 131 games. Getting this prediction right is insanity.

*Bob Richards*

This is absolutely hilarious.

Hail Big Rings, master of time and predictions.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Best thing to ever happen. Glory for all to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad