Post-Game Talk: Post-Tank Thread: Vancouver finishes w/ 3rd tank position (lottery odds in OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Worst case scenario is we draft a Jake Virtanen and the other players are a Nylander Ehlers ripping it up in the league. It all relative. If we draft the worst player compared to the teams around us we lose in the end. Imagine drafting a 2nd pairing dman while Calgary Winnipeg Toronto Edmonton get first liners.

Whaaaat is this?

JA

NHL Lottery Simulator:

1. Arizona
2. Vancouver
3. Buffalo

please_hockeygods_thankyou_zpsitmwtxic.jpg

My ideal scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
If we pick at third I want to trade back to buffalo @7-10 range and draft a dman (unless they move to 1 or 2) try to make a deal and pry rienhart out of buffalo.

Maybe somthing like 3rdOVA + Hansen for 8-9thOVA + S. Reinhart

Oh it would be glorious to pick 1 or 2 tho! The difference between Lain and Matthews looks more like Hall vs Seguin all over again!

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
If we pick at third I want to trade back to buffalo @7-10 range and draft a dman (unless they move to 1 or 2) try to make a deal and pry rienhart out of buffalo.

Oh it would be glorious to pick 1 or 2 tho! The difference between Lain and Matthews looks more like Hall vs Seguin all over again!

Why would Buffalo do this when Reinhart is basically worth that package alone? 2nd overall pick that already has had two years to develop and hit 20+ goals in his rookie season. The team wants to compete next season, not keep rebuilding.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

yeah that makes no sense for Buffalo.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I don't think a combined 21 goals and 30 assists in 94 games qualifies as 'ripping up' the league. I think it's way too early to tell who is the best player of the three.

Yeah i said thats worse case scenario. Just saying if that is the actual outcome, then that is the worse case scenario. You guys all missed the point. Comparing Virtanen to the others isnt the point. Its we need to draft better than the other teams around us if we arent top 3. Its not just about "we are going to get a good player regardless".

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I'm absolutely awful at gauging trade value when it comes to picks and things like that

Edmonton trades 1st overall to Vancouver for 4th overall to draft Chych, along with Tanev +? Too much for us? Too much for them? Their D would instantly be so much better with a Chychrun - Tanev pairing, with their talent up front. I think we really need that #1C though to replace Henrik, even if it costs Tanev+ (along with our pick, obviously).

I'm really not sure how good Matthews is.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
I'm absolutely awful at gauging trade value when it comes to picks and things like that

I'm really not sure how good Matthews is.
Don't worry, the current GM isn't very good at it either.
As to Matthews, I've read some evaluators who compare him to Tavares like, but more of a scorer. Marc Crawford invoked a Joe Sakic, Anze Kopitar comparison...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Now that Maloney is gonzo from the 'Yotes, just wondering......would you do OEL and the 'Yotes first rounder in a deal for the first overall pick?....Arizona is desperate to land their home-town guy Matthews.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Now that Maloney is gonzo from the 'Yotes, just wondering......would you do OEL and the 'Yotes first rounder in a deal for the first overall pick?....Arizona is desperate to land their home-town guy Matthews.
I wonder how many more times this will come up

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I don't think teams care about hometown guys nearly as much as we do. They still care a bit but I don't think they're 'desperate' to get a hometown guy.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Absolute best case scenario which would leave a smile on my face:

Canucks 1st overall
Sens 2nd overall
Buffabros third overall

Toronto has to face the fact that the Sens and Sabres get Laine and Puljujarvi, and we can walk away with Auston and have an awesome one-two punch down the middle.

That would be excellent.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I don't think teams care about hometown guys nearly as much as we do. They still care a bit but I don't think they're 'desperate' to get a hometown guy.

Arizona needs something to excite their fans... Ok never mind they have no fans, they need something to attract people to become fans.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I just got Vancouver first!!

Then sabres and third jets

Id be totes down with that getting pretty excited here is 18 more days!!! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad