Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
I think Pulkinen stays here. In 3 years, our top 13 forwards (not necessarily a rank order) will probably be:
Datsyuk, Z, Franzen, Weiss, Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Jurco, Jarnkrok, Pulk, Helm, Abdelkader and Mantha.

They'll need a lot of depth scoring and 2-way play to balance out the aging of Z, D and Franzen so they need to keep as many of the potential top 6/top 9 forwards as they can unless it's a trade for an elite center or top 2 defenseman.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I think Pulkinen stays here. In 3 years, our top 13 forwards (not necessarily a rank order) will probably be:
Datsyuk, Z, Franzen, Weiss, Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Jurco, Jarnkrok, Pulk, Helm, Abdelkader and Mantha.

They'll need a lot of depth scoring and 2-way play to balance out the aging of Z, D and Franzen so they need to keep as many of the potential top 6/top 9 forwards as they can unless it's a trade for an elite center or top 2 defenseman.

We have so many damn forwards who will need a spot on the team in the next 1-2 years. And your list above is assuming zero free agent signings. Yeesh.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
We have so many damn forwards who will need a spot on the team in the next 1-2 years. And your list above is assuming zero free agent signings. Yeesh.

Which is exactly why I think losing a prospect like Pulkkinen to upgrade the blueline makes a lot of sense.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
Any thoughts on Christian Ehrhoff? I'm a big fan of his and I think he'd be exactly what this team needed to right the ship. His contract isn't so bad now that Buffalo has eaten every bit of the cap recapture on his deal; he is an experienced puck-moving d-man who is good on the PP and PK and is signed for a long time. I don't think he is a fit in Buffalo's future, but could really help the Wings as they try to maximize the remaining years of Dats and Z.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I'm just going to say not interested in Ehrhoff. If we gave up a first for KFQ, what's the price for a better version of him? Too much term for a defensive liability imo.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Calle is starting to put up a respectable season. I expected 50-55 points, didn't look like he was going to reach it but now I think he will. Even better is 21 points last 23 games, in Jan. and Feb.

Pulks has been surprisingly consistent, he's got 12 goals, 20 points in that span and obviously started the season very good on top of it.

Interesting to note is that Jurco is till 4th in team scoring, Almqvist is 2nd.

Hard to move those pieces I think, they look like the next wave. But still trying to figure out what to do with Ferraro and Callahan, can't seem to find spots for both of them.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
That's funny because Edler is worse than Ehrhoff defensively and Campbell has a worse contract than both.

Ehrhoff would be expensive, but I don't really see how he is that much worse than either player.

i dont think you will get many poeple who will agree with you that ehroff is better then edler

and campbells contract is irrelevant given that of the three he is easily the best, capable of putting up the most points, running a powerplay better then the other two and oh yah, logging 30 minutes a night

ehrhoffs contract is too long regardless of current cap hit

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Any thoughts on Christian Ehrhoff? I'm a big fan of his and I think he'd be exactly what this team needed to right the ship. His contract isn't so bad now that Buffalo has eaten every bit of the cap recapture on his deal; he is an experienced puck-moving d-man who is good on the PP and PK and is signed for a long time. I don't think he is a fit in Buffalo's future, but could really help the Wings as they try to maximize the remaining years of Dats and Z.

He's on oversized contract, and the cap recapture penalties that Buffalo would suffer if he were to retire early means that they'll expect a king's ransom for him. Not happening.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Like Ehrhoff the best of the three players being discussed here especially since his recapture means nothing to us. Not hard to see how many problems Vancouver has had replacing him, problem is the Sabres will want a pretty exceptional package for him, but he is the best of the three defensively and a terrific puck mover, also a pretty durable guy over the years and shows no signs of slowing down. He has been one of the few bright spots on the last couple awful Sabres teams.

Will grant the length of the contract is a little concerning more because if Kronwall, Ericsson and Ehrhoff aren't providing a good D-core we have a problem at that point. Though those issues remain to some extent with Edler as well, if it doesn't work they are all locked in and I kind of expect DeKeyser to get the Filppula/Kronwall extension of four or five years through his RFA years.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Tyler Myers

Would any of you on this board trade for him? I would. Tatr plus Kindl and a second or what would you give? Myers is big, skates pretty good for his size and has top three or four potential if not higher..

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Would any of you on this board trade for him? I would. Tatr plus Kindl and a second or what would you give? Myers is big, skates pretty good for his size and has top three or four potential if not higher..

Buffalo will only move him for a big return. Tatar, Kindl and a 2nd will not be enough, and anyway the jury is still out on Myers to begin with; he had a great rookie season, and his play has gone unceasingly downhill since.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Like Ehrhoff the best of the three players being discussed here especially since his recapture means nothing to us. Not hard to see how many problems Vancouver has had replacing him, problem is the Sabres will want a pretty exceptional package for him, but he is the best of the three defensively and a terrific puck mover, also a pretty durable guy over the years and shows no signs of slowing down. He has been one of the few bright spots on the last couple awful Sabres teams.

Will grant the length of the contract is a little concerning more because if Kronwall, Ericsson and Ehrhoff aren't providing a good D-core we have a problem at that point. Though those issues remain to some extent with Edler as well, if it doesn't work they are all locked in and I kind of expect DeKeyser to get the Filppula/Kronwall extension of four or five years through his RFA years.

The potential cap recapture penalties are unimportant to other teams now, yes. For the nth time, they are a factor because their potential importance to the Sabres will massively inflate Ehrhoff's price. I'd be surprised to see him moved at all.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I would consider it. Great size and potential. If you can get Kindl out of Detroit and Myers in that would be pretty good. It depends what they would want obviously but on a decent team I think he would look better

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The potential cap recapture penalties are unimportant to other teams now, yes. For the nth time, they are a factor because their potential importance to the Sabres will massively inflate Ehrhoff's price. I'd be surprised to see him moved at all.

I said that, more of a I don't get why people fly off the handle about it, like they bring it up on Franzen if his name ever comes up in trade threads. It is like I know why we should be concerned but why do you care? It does inflate the value though total agreement, just have little concern as a Wings fan outside of what I said about being concerned that is the D-core didn't come together as planned we would have a lot of contract commitments but that stays true with Edler to a degree as well, with an additional million on the books in his case.

Ehrhoff's recapture is one of the ugliest imaginable to be honest, tough for Buffalo to deal him, but I guess if the price is right maybe they would think about it, he is a good player pretty underrated in my opinion.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
It goes without saying that the extreme dearth of sellers will also significantly increase prices.

The parity era really has killed the trade deadline.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Only two of those guys are right-handed. Pulkkinen and Järnkrok. Before both are NHL ready, also our only RH TOP6 forward Alfredsson is gone.

I'd keep them both to get finally some home-grown handness solutions with TOP6 potential. So sick with the group full of lefties. Bottom6 handnesses arenät so important, even though Callahan and Ferraro could help on that area. They are more tradeable.

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Ok how about Kindl, Tatr, Ferraro and first in 14 or 16 plus a second this year for Myers?
Not sure the Sabres love that return. They don't REALLY need wingers, so Tatar is good but not a need. Kindl is a downgrade from even the underperforming Myers. Ferraro hasn't shown he can crack the NHL lineup. The first is probably the only piece that intrigues them, aside from the idea of flipping Tatar to another team.

Wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo wants a good center prospect+1st+solid NHL roster player. Something like Sheahan+1st+2nd liner. Even then, the value might be a tad on the low end.

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Speculation on Kesler trade price (by St. James, so grain of salt):

Kesler, 29, is Vancouver’s third-best player. For Detroit to get him, it’d likely cost Justin Abdelkader, a combination of Gustav Nyquist/Tomas Tatar/Tomas Jurco, and either a first-round pick or a high-end prospect like Ryan Sproul, Calle Jarnkrok or Teemu Pulkkinen.

Eff that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad