Management POHO Staios/GM D̶o̶r̶i̶o̶n̶/Front Office Thread - Part X [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Will never happen. Only an idiot would put a junior in a senior advisory role.
Alfredsson captain of an NHL franchise for over a decade. Dealt with the players association. Has been around brilliant hockey minds has won at all levels. That's the Jr. Your true colors are showing. No coincidence a new thread was started.

Reactions: Mr Hat

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I'd like to see Alfie try his hand at being a skills coach, or something to the effect.

Get him on the ice during and after practice and let him work in the background with players on technique and their individual skills. Or when guys struggle on particular drills.

Honestly not sure where else he fits st the moment other than somewhere/something related to player development.

That or VP of hockey OPs - ie the guy with no other job other than being the presidents shadow. No one really reports to him directly, but also answers to no one else other than the owner and PoHo.

Last edited:

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I don't think Dorion is the patsy some make him out to be. I think he's got a pretty solid ego and a high opinion of himself, as well.

We're talking about whether Andlauer and Staios will like working with him, but for all we know, Dorion may not want to work with Staios and Andlauer.

He may fancy himself a POHO, just like Dubas did.

Does Dorion have a boss? Does Dorion's boss have a boss?

That makes him 3rd man down the line, already, no?

Bowness is 4th man down the line, right now, I suppose.

When Alfredsson joins, we'll see who he reports to. Will it be directly to Andlauer? To Staios? Or to Dorion?

What if Alfredsson is named Senior Advisor to the President of Hockey Operations? That'd make him 3rd man down the line and bump Dorion down...
It doesn't matter what Alfie or any newcomer's title is. By default, if PD has a conversation with the guy, before or even after being hired, it means PD was the ultimate decision maker in the hiring and that the new guy reports to PD.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ahh yes, white people have told us what we can and can't say before. Classic move my friend.
I mean, I live out here and it’s not a thing to say.

Not going to weigh in on the rest.

Alfredsson captain of an NHL franchise for over a decade. Dealt with the players association. Has been around brilliant hockey minds has won at all levels. That's the Jr. Your true colors are showing. No coincidence a new thread was started.
Apparently he really wants to work directly with players, so I expect a president or co of player development.

There was a segment last game where I think it Bruce was saying that Alfie wants to work directly with Brady and other players to pass on his experiences and wisdom.

I think that would be so perfect for the organization. I bet he’d work well with Dono, Winny, and Reds.

What an awesome time, the Sens are making Friday afternoons that much more awesome.

Oct 10, 2010
Rough star and the good news is that both Dorion and Smith likely gone! obviously hope we get off to a great start tho but accountability is a great thing and with Andlauer and Staios in place I expect to see heads roll no more excuses.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
1696257075306.png

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
It's remarkable how reactionary our hockey operations team, headlined by Pierre Dorion, has been over the past number of years. A sunning lack of foresight in most cases. It will be his undoing.

The waiving of several former high draft picks is the latest in a series of last minute panic moves that continue to hold the organization back. These former first and second rounders could have been trade chips - they are now worthless.

I bring up Stanley Cup winning captain Mark Stone as well in illustrating the lack of proactive asset management - as this regime nearly walked him to FA, panicked, and traded him for nearly nothing in return. A decisive and proactive management group would have mitigated risk and traded him for a high value pick well in advance.

The Karlsson trade really is the only significant counterexample. Pierre and his reactionary ways have held this group back, in spite of the fact that they are on the upswing. He really needs to go.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
I know there are a few posters here who will staunchly argue the exact opposite of what I'm saying, but man, I don't think I've ever seen a more lukewarm endorsement, if you can even call it that, of a GMs work from an owner:

“Other GMs had called me throughout this whole (sale) process and said, ‘Boy, you’ve got a really good core, a good team.’ So some credit has to be given to that,” Andlauer said of Dorion’s work.

The use of the word "some" is... not the best if you're Dorion. He could have said "a lot" or "tons" or even just excluded the qualifier... but "some"? Ooof.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I know there are a few posters here who will staunchly argue the exact opposite of what I'm saying, but man, I don't think I've ever seen a more lukewarm endorsement, if you can even call it that, of a GMs work from an owner:

The use of the word "some" is... not the best if you're Dorion. He could have said "a lot" or "tons" or even just excluded the qualifier... but "some"? Ooof.
You really don't get the feeling that either Andlauer or Staios believe this is a team close to competing for anything, do you? They haven't exactly been generous with the compliments since taking over.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
You really don't get the feeling that either Andlauer or Staios believe this is a team close to competing for anything, do you? They haven't exactly been generous with the compliments since taking over.

I get the feeling he's very much a "show me" guy. Is the team in a better position, sure. But I don't think he's going to just assume the team is just going to coast into being a Cup contender.

Success isn't a given.

Reactions: DrEasy and Emerica

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Do you think youre flexing they just lost Thomson haha.

Sens twitter is out of control and embarrassing 99% of the time. However the sens asset management, drafting or development is very poor if you're putting two firsts and a second through waivers this close to their draft years.

This team has to have a good start and neither of their 2nd or 3rd line centers will play an exhibition game. Their second line center is injured due to mismagement of the injury and their third line center can't get signed because if cap mismanagement.

Keep on pumping Pierre's tires it's a great look!

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Do you think youre flexing they just lost Thomson haha.

Sens twitter is out of control and embarrassing 99% of the time. However the sens asset management, drafting or development is very poor if you're putting two firsts and a second through waivers this close to their draft years.

This team has to have a good start and neither of their 2nd or 3rd line centers will play an exhibition game. Their second line center is injured due to mismagement of the injury and their third line center can't get signed because if cap mismanagement.

Keep on pumping Pierre's tires it's a great look!
Listen this was a carrot to scare off any takers for JBD and Sharky. It was pure genius. Throwing away the bait worked.

Pure GENIUS by Staios and Dorion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad