Management POHO Staios/GM D̶o̶r̶i̶o̶n̶/Front Office Thread - Part X [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I love Julien. Have been asking for him for two years . A winning Stanley Cup coach who gets the best out of his teams and usually makes the playoffs

He also has an actual defensive system unlike DJ
Just seems too right.

“Julien and his wife Karen have one daughter. The family resides in Ottawa, Ontario. They previously resided in Red Bank, New Jersey and Lexington, Massachusetts.[citation needed] Julien was raised in the Orléans suburb of Ottawa. He is bilingual, speaking both French and English fluently.[27]

Reactions: DrEasy and DJB

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It’s possible he’s simply there to watch the games…here is hoping otherwise
I can definitely see him in happy retirement just there to watch some hockey. If he’s up for it though…

Reactions: DJB

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
It’s possible he’s simply there to watch the games…here is hoping otherwise

This was discussed last year. Julien does scouting work for the St.Louis Blues, and that's why he's been at games.

Now, that'd still make it easier for him to come in as coach since he'd be pretty familiar with the team, but I don't think him going to games makes it more likely.

Reactions: DJB

ottawagm

May 6, 2023

Let's rip the bandaid off today.... Pinto, Dadonov, Hockey Canada, whatever else?

New GM, New Coach...

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Well this Martian fellow is definitely putting his reputation on the line today.

Dadonov penalty of a 1st rounder, Chiarelli joining the team, Dorion fired

We'll see what comes of it

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
Well this Martian fellow is definitely putting his reputation on the line today.

Dadonov penalty of a 1st rounder, Chiarelli joining the team, Dorion fired

We'll see what comes of it
Dadonov penalty now? That's nuts! How many years has it been?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bro if Chiarelli is the new GM I want Dorion back.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 2CHAINZ

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Nothing he can do about it. He's a conduit. You can't expect him to just not tweet baseless rumours.
He didn't post I am hearing rumblings, or the streets are telling me something is cooking. He flat out tweeted Dorion is out.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
Would be down for Julien as the head coach, he would likely implement some good defensive structure

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
AFAIC he's an untrustworthy source.

A legit source doesn't talk in riddles.
That's my point... he didn't use a riddle or anything he flat out said Dorion was out. If we were discussing it because there is rumbles or something cryptic that's different.

Reactions: BigRig4

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's my point... he didn't use a riddle or anything he flat out said Dorion was out. If we were discussing it because there is rumbles or something cryptic that's different.
True, he was definitive today.

He does like to talk in riddles often enough though, that was my point. He treats it like a game, he isn't a serious person.

Reactions: BigRig4

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Would be down for Julien as the head coach, he would likely implement some good defensive structure
I would be down for anyone at this point. It's clear after 5–6 years that DJ is not a good coach. I know he's had not much to work with and gotten shit goaltending and a lack of scoring at the worst possible times. This team just looks so lost on the defensive end, and the thing I hate the most is when the team gets rattled—non-penalty calls, deflating goals—whatever it is, DJ just doesn't seem capable of calming players down and getting their heads back in the game, which is what a coach is supposed to do. When we need to come out strong, we never do, and maybe it's not DJ's fault; he certainly is not helping. Before we start shipping off core players, I'd like to see them under the guidance of another coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad