Management POHO Staios/GM D̶o̶r̶i̶o̶n̶/Front Office Thread - Part X [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
As I've said before, I don't think we have enough information at this point to know for sure how the fault for the impasse should be divided up. If you think the only problem is cap space, and the issue should be solely defined that way, then Dorion would be responsible. There's some evidence Andlauer/Staios both see it that way as both have publicly mentioned cap space in the context of the Pinto signing.

On the other hand, if you think the agent/ask may have some blame, or if you're unsure whether Pierre is appropriately using team leverage in the long view, you're not so sure.
One thing we know is the lack of cap space. That is a problem for the team with or without Pinto.
The other stuff , particularly the last paragraph is pure speculation

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
One thing we know is the lack of cap space. That is a problem for the team with or without Pinto.
The other stuff , particularly the last paragraph is pure speculation
Agree it's speculation, but so are elements of the cap space issue. Are we stuck, or are we just not moving by choice? If the latter, why?

Most roads lead back to Pierre, but not every last one of them. That's my only point. We may be missing facts that would shift perceptions.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
I'm really starting to dislike Martian and his cryptic tweets. He tries to cover everything cryptically, so when something does happen, he can claim the streets were right.

I don’t know why our insider takes on the Sens are always cryptic and written like they’re from the Riddler. “I’m not a trade, I’m not a sign. But me on the ice, you will not find.”

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
On of the replies to the Martian tweet is "@GeorgesLaraque was just saying on the radio that something huge is happening and its not a trade or a signing…"

They will bring in Patrick Roy in either a management or coaching position with the idea that he could slide into either role on an interim basis until they have more clarity at the end of the season. I don't think it's a coincidence that he randomly jetted from a championship QMJHL team seemingly without an open spot for him in the NHL. The open spot all along was with Ottawa, and he was told to wait until the time was right, just like Staois already knew the seat was open for him.

That's at least what I would say if I had a fake insider Twitter account, but I'm not sure how to word it vaguely enough that I can claim I actually meant Peter Chiarelli or Claude Julien. As of now, it's just a paragraph of Sens' fan-fiction. I am debating who Patrick's love interest will be.

Reactions: BigRig4

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Maybe Dorion needs to show up to work tomorrow wearing a pair of thick-rimmed glasses.

'How do you do, fellow upper management professionals!'
1698256110532.png

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I don't say this to throw shots at him, but Dorion looks very rough right now. Body language and physically. He does not look like a guy who is happy or secure in his spot. I feel bad for him that the sale didn't go through earlier, because unless I am completely wrong and Andlauer loves Dorion, timing wise it would have been better for him to join a new team this off-season rather than being (rightfully) thrown under the bus for the bad start he caused.

Unless Andlauer signed off on all these moves despite not owning the team yet, it was also detrimental to the team long-term to have a GM who was clearly on the hot seat making moves this off season. While Tarasenko has been very good, Dorion was rumoured to have offered him a 5 year 5.5M contract. The Korpisalo contract also has an unusual amount of term given his status.

Reactions: DrEasy and branch

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't say this to throw shots at him, but Dorion looks very rough right now. Body language and physically. He does not look like a guy who is happy or secure in his spot. I feel bad for him that the sale didn't go through earlier, because unless I am completely wrong and Andlauer loves Dorion, timing wise it would have been better for him to join a new team this off-season rather than being (rightfully) thrown under the bus for the bad start he caused.

Unless Andlauer signed off on all these moves despite not owning the team yet, it was also detrimental to the team long-term to have a GM who was clearly on the hot seat making moves this off season. While Tarasenko has been very good, Dorion was rumoured to have offered him a 5 year 5.5M contract. The Korpisalo contract also has an unusual amount of term given his status.
I said it at the time, the timing of the sale pushed the can down the road a year and stalled the progression of the team from Melnyk-Andlauer by a full season at minimum.

The guy coming in isn’t going to be keeping things status quo, players from the core and signed to term will be on the hot seat under a new set of eyes.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I said it at the time, the timing of the sale pushed the can down the road a year and stalled the progression of the team from Melnyk-Andlauer by a full season at minimum.

The guy coming in isn’t going to be keeping things status quo, players from the core and signed to term will be on the hot seat under a new set of eyes.

I agree, but it's going to be tough to make changes because of the nature of the salary cap and how everybody is locked down long term. Dorion created a situation where outside of trading an untouchable like Tkachuk, Sanderson, or Stutzle, the entire core is locked in to big long-term contracts that not many teams will have the room to trade for unless it is more of a hockey trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad