Proposal: Podkolzin or Rathbone dealt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Clearly it's early and he's gonna get a look. I just have a hunch Podkolzin is kind of a bust. More of a third line player.

Rathbone I love. Kid looks like a potential star in the making. The problem is he has Hughes and OEL ahead of him on the left side and they're locked in for half a decade +. Canucks obv need a RD. What quality of RD return are we looking at for one of Podkolzin or Rathbone?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Clearly it's early and he's gonna get a look. I just have a hunch Podkolzin is kind of a bust. More of a third line player.

Rathbone I love. Kid looks like a potential star in the making. The problem is he has Hughes and OEL ahead of him on the left side and they're locked in for half a decade +. Canucks obv need a RD. What quality of RD return are we looking at for one of Podkolzin or Rathbone?

too early to call Pod a bust, imo.

can't help on the right, other than that Jones is a lefty shot who can play RD

At present, we expect Jones, who already is starting to look like Fox lite, to continue that projection, upping his value.

Sorry, I see no match at present

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Keep both . Huge over reaction . Devils will have the same “ problem “ with a lot of LHD but lacking RHD .
LHD - Ty Smith , Graves , Luke Hughes , Bahl , Okhotiuk,
RHD - Hamilton , Severson ( ufa after next season ) Subban ( ufa after this year ) Walsh , ????

Luke Hughes is playing the right side in Michigan thankfully . Hopefully with his skating ability he can make it work .
Maybe Rathbone can play the right side eventually ? I wouldn’t trade a prospect like him based off of which side he plays currently . A lot can change in a short period of time . If Canucks are stuck for a RHD and no others options , maybe you look at a trade

Last edited:
Reactions: notsocommonsense

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
How in the world is Podkolzin a bust after ONE nhl game?
Just a hunch my friend. He hasn't really impressed anywhere, watched the preseason highlights and one game. I didn't say he is a bust just saying I have a hunch he could be. But the real question is what type of names could we get for him. RD that is given it is such a glaring hole. I'm just wondering what his value is in the world of RD.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Keep both . Huge over reaction . Devils will have the same “ problem “ with a lot of LHD but lacking RHD .
RHD - Hamilton , Severson ( ufa after next season ) Subban ( ufa after this year ) Walsh , ????

Luke Hughes is playing the right side in Michigan thankfully . Hopefully with his skating ability he can make it work .
Maybe Rathbone can play the right side eventually ? I wouldn’t trade a prospect like him based off of which side he plays currently . A lot can change in a short period of time . If Canucks are stuck for a RHD and no others options , maybe you look at a trade
Def not an overreaction. The Canucks biggest hole is and has been RD. If they can't improve it they'll never win.

It's doesn't help that NJ might have the same problem one day.

Proble also is Rathbone is the same profile as Hughes and OEL. Another offensive dman. We need some two way guys.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Podkolzin looked great in the preseason game and in his first NHL game. Going to be a beast... unsure about his offensive upside but you always can use players like him.
No doubt. So what could you get for him in the event you say we need a right handed defenseman or we'll never win?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
IF Pod busts, majority of the blame should be for Green. As of now Pod seems fine, but the way that roster is being deployed surely doesn't help develop anyone. I had a bit of a chuckle at Chiasson on the first line yesterday, some real desperation going on with that coach.

Reactions: Grantham and Love

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd be shocked if either of them are dealt, but for the sake of the thread I'd suggest:

To Ducks: Rathbone, conditional pick
To Canucks: Josh Manson @ 50%

Rathbone has been solid in his small sample size, and does have plenty of upside.

Podkolzin a bust?? He has been exactly what I think most reasonable Canucks fans expected him to be so far. He is raw, but has good size, high skill and a non stop motor. I'd put him with Hoglander as one of our our better forwards in the pre season. He likely won't drive a line, or put up PPG seasons, but could be a very good complimentary piece. A favorable comparison for him would be a Blake Coleman type.

Canucks have a fair amount of space this offseason to address their right side D, I expect they will have a rotating group of mediocre guys this year to get through the year.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Just a hunch my friend. He hasn't really impressed anywhere, watched the preseason highlights and one game. I didn't say he is a bust just saying I have a hunch he could be. But the real question is what type of names could we get for him. RD that is given it is such a glaring hole. I'm just wondering what his value is in the world of RD.

let me get this straight —- you watch the whole entire preseason highlights and a single game and now you have this opinion?

Ffs. Let’s normalize having no opinion until more information is provided.

(also, he looked great last night in his debut; zero chance of trading)

Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Smitty also loves playing the right side. Siegs apparently plays right side too

staveNsteel

Jan 18, 2021

Well that's an absolute terrible take with 0 value. Podkolzin played one game.. actually looked good as well. If you bothered to watch the preseason, you would have seen a ton of quality set up passes that were wiffed on by lesser linemates. If you're going to call someone a bust, especially after 1 game.. have something to back it up rather than your "hunch."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad