Proposal: Podkolzin or Rathbone dealt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Podkolzin is going absolutely nowhere.

Rathbone is good but tbh it does make sense to trade him.

I’d trade Rathbone for an rd, depending on who it is. Maybe even an older dude like Manson.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Podkolzin looked pretty good in game 1. Not very sure why he didn't see much ice time (7mins).. Nucks likely would have won if they gave Podkolzin the 14mins instead of Chiasson.

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
7 minutes into his first day of work and you wanted to fire him already. :skeptic:

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I highly doubt either is available
, or realistically available. They help with our depth in a big way. Pods has also looked great for his role. He’s not expected to break in as a Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes or Hoglander, we don’t need him to be that at this point. Develop him, he has upside to be a very valuable player.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Two kids earning the league minimum and good enough to be everyday players in the NHL. In a cap world, trading either guy would be the definition of insanity.

So unless some other GM is prepared to fall on their own sword, so to speak, a trade for either one is a total non-starter.

Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
This garbage thread needs to be locked up. Why would the Canucks want to trade their two most promising prospects?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Podz just scored a ripper of a shot, clean beat the goalie in his second game and is getting some time with Petey. He barely speaks english and is learning the NHL game.
He's going to be a stud. Just give him some time.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Pod averaged more ice time than Horvat did in his first 2 games and sure hell had more ice time than burrows did in his first few games. If this continues we will consider sending him to the ahl. We keep putting ourselves in stupid situations where our young guys can’t get ice decent ice time.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Clearly it's early and he's gonna get a look. I just have a hunch Podkolzin is kind of a bust. More of a third line player.

Rathbone I love. Kid looks like a potential star in the making. The problem is he has Hughes and OEL ahead of him on the left side and they're locked in for half a decade +. Canucks obv need a RD. What quality of RD return are we looking at for one of Podkolzin or Rathbone?
Stupidest post ever. Yes, Canucks should trade all their top prospects who have made the NHL right away before we get to see how they do. As if waiving Gadjovic and losing Kole Lind and Juolevi was not enough, so lets lose more of that cheap and young depth for more older washed up players that will retire in the next 2 years.

Seriously this is not how you build a team, by trading young players that you drafted. We already traded lots of them like McCann, Forsling, Maddent etc. and look how those turned out. Pretty dumb way to build a team.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Podkolzin is going absolutely nowhere.

Rathbone is good but tbh it does make sense to trade him.

I’d trade Rathbone for an rd, depending on who it is. Maybe even an older dude like Manson.

I would not trade Rathbone because I feel he will be a great player. We also might end up with an injury and he would be able to fill in for a top 4. I think Canucks either trade a pick for an RD at trade deadline or get one in the offseason. Also Hamonic situation is still unknown, he could be back.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Stupidest post ever. Yes, Canucks should trade all their top prospects who have made the NHL right away before we get to see how they do. As if waiving Gadjovic and losing Kole Lind and Juolevi was not enough, so lets lose more of that cheap and young depth for more older washed up players that will retire in the next 2 years.

Seriously this is not how you build a team, by trading young players that you drafted. We already traded lots of them like McCann, Forsling, Maddent etc. and look how those turned out. Pretty dumb way to build a team.
I didn't say trade them for veterans. In Rathbone's case there is just no place for him despite him being a great prospect. If we could get an equally good RD maybe a bit more defensively minded.

When you look at who this team has traded we really haven't lost many good players. McCann was the best but his issue was attitude. Forsling sure he looks good 4 yrs later that was a missed opportunity. And Madden isn't even an NHL player. We also just lost Juolevi, Virtanen for nothing. Had we made earlier decisions on them we could have received actual assets for them.

How do you think we will fill the void at RD? How do you see Rathbone fitting into this team in say 3 yrs if he stays that long and fulfills his potential?

Maybe not the stupidest post ever after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad