Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
To be fair, Jets have a good team that could go far in the playoffs compared to the Kings. This trade still bad, but 5 years less and frees up little over 3 mil in cap.
Maybe it's cause I live in Winnipeg and I'm tired of hearing everyone overhype that very mid team (not that LA is any better)

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
GQdY1-hXsAAVCHJ

He was good until last year

Reactions: Telos

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The only thing that happened today was Blake taking a manslaughter plea deal instead of rolling the dice on a guilty verdict.

Nothing worth celebrating.
You can't tell me you didn't feel some joy when you saw the news.

This doesn't absolve Blake, but nothing wrong with celebrating dumping PLD without giving up futures or retention.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I actually think that will be the case. PLD can put up 50-70 points, he just does nothing to help the team win other than that though and is a huge liability and boat anchor contract. But he definitely should put up some points in Washington.
Maybe Washington will be going to go full tank mode and using PLD to reach the cap floor. Honestly it makes no sense - spitballing

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Holy shit! That's crazy. By itself that's good, but the fact that the Kings gave up Gabe Vilardi and Alex Iafallo to obtain Dubois has to sting.

There's no way Rob Blake survives the next offseason if the Kings do not win a round in the playoffs. What a kick to the nuts to see this happen.

Maybe he may get some more miles as GM the excuse being the Pacific Champions Highway is hard to negotiate, driving at Knight with Oil slick.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
GQdY1-hXsAAVCHJ

He was good until last year

He is far more useful than PLD, even if it is to save us purely from PLD's contract and he falls on his face. But I have a feeling getting Kuemper back will provide a slight boost in goaltending but won't be all that different than the past few years. I can see him playing well enough and the team making the playoffs for another first round exit though.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It is a big deal but to get out of PLD and only really losing Vilardi of note in the whole ordeal is at least a brief sigh of relief before Blake makes his next blunder on the quest to win a single round in the playoffs 😂

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Vilardi and Durzi
I see the Durzi deal as a positive 😂 Clarke is the perfect player to fill the risky point producing defenseman role moving forward.

Maybe you should've scouted him a little vs let LucPatMarc run the show

All he had to do was sit down for a couple hours and watch one f***ing game of his. Literally any game.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Makes me think Washington hasnt bothered to make use of their capfriendly acquisition. But more seriously it probably points to Kuemper being washed.
Kuemper never looked comfortable at times in Laviolette's system and dipped even more under Carbery's system. Also the Caps goalie coach is iffy when it comes to goalie coaching vet goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad