Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I’m shocked like everyone else that Pierre was traded. I guess I didn’t think another GM would take him. But to trade him one for one with no salary retention was inconceivable.

We all know this doesn’t mean shit as far as Blake building a winner, never mind a champion. It’s clear there is no plan in place to win the Stanley Cup anytime soon.

A couple of weeks ago, Blake was saying he needed to help Dubois. Now he’s traded for half measures at goalie and cap flexibility. It’s truly depressing to witness this continual bungling of the organization’s resources and the fans’ time and money.

What happens first, the Kings win a playoff round or Pierre assists on Ovi’s goal to break the record? If I’m Pierre, I’m happy to not get bought out, play 1C minutes and not have to line up next to Laffeireire next season.

Even if he gets bought out, he’s no worse off than trying to please Blake and Jim Hiller next year. I fully expect Pierre to have a bounce back year next season. 80 points isn’t out of the question.

And I think Blake will continue to fumble the bag by screwing up the Byfield situation. Instead of playing him at 2C and locking him up for 8x8, he’ll push the signing to before camp and expect him to carry a bunch of scrubs at 4C.

He already back peddled on Turc, Akil, and Brandt in his press conference today. His first words were they will compete for spots in camp, and then they would definitely play games with the big club. Complete milquetoast statement, half measures out the full ass thinking.

The amount of time, money, resources, etc. this crew of un educated, zero wins losers have wasted from this organization and fan base is the worst in franchise history.

The only bright side is we are one day closer to the bozos being shit canned in a total house cleaning. Even Uncle Phil is unhappy today.

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm still blown away they got out of that contract without retaining any salary. I know Kuemper's contract is bad too but it's not up there among the worst in the league, nowhere close. Not a terrible buyout either, if it comes to that. Such a relief.
Kuemper/PLD both under performed last season. Kuemper knows he had success before with the Kings(very short term for 20 games) and I'm sure he will want to bounce back being given a chance to be a #1 goalie again(I hate the Caps goalie coach, and you would understand why if you were a die hard Caps fan. Kuemper didn't work well with the goalie coach and I feel that will change for the better with the Kings).

Caps offense was very anemic and PLD gives them a offensive skill set they didn't have last season. PLD finds some chemistry with age 39 OV, then OV breaking the record this season becomes percentage wise more possible, while giving the Caps some offensive punch. There is no argument that PLD attitude was ticking ppl off, but at the same time both TMac/Hiller weren't maximizing on PLD's skill set.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
You can't tell me you didn't feel some joy when you saw the news.

This doesn't absolve Blake, but nothing wrong with celebrating dumping PLD without giving up futures or retention.
No, honestly, it doesn't.

And I would bet I was the first, or among the very first, to openly state my hate for this player and bring up the buyout numbers. When I said "you know what, I have never said this about any LA King before, but PLD sucks" a week into the season, a few of the folks celebrating today wanted to give him more time before reaching that conclusion. That's fine, we all have different expectations and different perspectives about the game. I am glad he is gone and that negativity is out of the way.

But no, it doesn't bring a smile to my face, because now I can see that our goaltending is now an even bigger, more expensive question mark. At least with Talbot, Copley and Rittich there was some fluidity there, a potential for movement for the better. Now that's gone as well. And we all know that Blake is going to make another brand new mistake in just two weeks.

Plus, I was looking forward to years and years of posters calling him O.L.D. just a few seasons from now.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Got some thoughts:

I still think LA runs a defensive system next year. It is their identity and they have to shelter these goalies.

Roy probably stays but I hope it’s at a severe discount and there is a plan to shift someone to the left side. I can’t believe he wasn’t traded at the deadline.

It would not shock me if Toffoli signs in LA. Kings need some more firepower now and it sounds like LA pursued him at the deadline.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Where does Blake waste the $3.25M that fell in his lap today? My money is on:

1. Roy
  2. Zadorov
  3. Lewis
  4. Arvidsson
  5. Lizotte

• Wow
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I don't care about the "assets" they gave up to get PLD. It's done and he did excellent getting out from under 1 of the worst contracts in sports.
“He” gave out that f***ing contract.

You don’t give a guy credit for getting his dick out of the wood chipper losing “only” 80% of his length when he willingly put his dick in the wood chipper in the first place.

Last edited:

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I liked it when we aquired jerry korab. I really liked it and was excited when we aquired wayne gretzky. But the sense of relief i have after getting rid of the cancer of pld is amazing. Just from a fans standpoint not having to watch the quiet quitter is a big win.
Now even blake must realize he doesnt know what the hell he's doing. Its been obvious to us for a long time and now its clearly obvious to everyone else.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Pretty Lame Dogshit is gone.

I guess the sun shines on every dog's ass someday, even Blake's.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Realistically, what the f*** was Blake thinking bringing in PLD? You pay that much money for him to be a 3rd line center? Blake 100 percent didn’t think this through. As bad PLD was he didn’t even have a future here.

Kopitar extended? Ok…
Byfields gonna be a center for sure
You have Danault who has performed admirably.

Where did you expect to slot this guy at that price for 8 years? I’d rather have had PLD fail on the first line than the 3rd line. It was awful scouting bringing him in the first place and he didn’t have a real chance of being a top 6 player anytime soon. He was not going to supplant Kopitar Danault and Byfield anytime soon, what was the point of diving head first in and paying top center money and assets for a 3rd line player.

The curse of Kopitar and Doughty continue to block routes for any players

• Haha

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Pretty Lame Dogshit is gone.

I guess the sun shines on every dog's ass someday, even Blake's.
If anything, this simply solidifies the black eye that is the PLD saga.

It’s only going to be even more apparent when Blake shoots his wad at the draft and in UFA to try and salvage some semblance of “success” at the cost of yet more money and assets.

Kicking the can down the road. Trading one expensive problem for another expensive problem. It changes very little, aside from possibly getting some salary off the books for the next GM who has to rebuild this mess, depending on what Blake blows the cap space on.

• Haha

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
No, honestly, it doesn't.

And I would bet I was the first, or among the very first, to openly state my hate for this player and bring up the buyout numbers. When I said "you know what, I have never said this about any LA King before, but PLD sucks" a week into the season, a few of the folks celebrating today wanted to give him more time before reaching that conclusion. That's fine, we all have different expectations and different perspectives about the game. I am glad he is gone and that negativity is out of the way.

But no, it doesn't bring a smile to my face, because now I can see that our goaltending is now an even bigger, more expensive question mark. At least with Talbot, Copley and Rittich there was some fluidity there, a potential for movement for the better. Now that's gone as well. And we all know that Blake is going to make another brand new mistake in just two weeks.

Plus, I was looking forward to years and years of posters calling him O.L.D. just a few seasons from now.
I understand this perspective.

But now when Blake gets fired, and it's time to rebuild, we're not stuck with that boat anchor contract. Kuemper's deal will be irrelevant.

Assuming Blake doesn't do anything massively stupid in free agency, I can actually enjoy watching my team again knowing there's some hope for the future, and I'm not stuck watching PLD mope around for the next 7 years.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
This came up at the combine. Think about that. By his own words, Blake made the decision to trade his greatest capital expenditure one year later because of a discussion at the combine.

Is there any possible way for a good faith fan to take this guy at his word and expect him to be accountable for results. The fact that Luc began his defense of Blake by saying no one has more integrity is a complete joke.

Anyone who defends this clown crew obviously has a financial interest and zero credibility.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Holy crap... I'll take it. Terrible asset management, but at least the boat anchor that is PLD is gone and this hopefully means Byfield is here longterm.
If you’re QB, how does today’s move convince you to stay long term? If anything, it makes a bridge deal much easier.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad