Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
He is far more useful than PLD, even if it is to save us purely from PLD's contract and he falls on his face. But I have a feeling getting Kuemper back will provide a slight boost in goaltending but won't be all that different than the past few years. I can see him playing well enough and the team making the playoffs for another first round exit though.
It’s worth noting that the the Kings were 5th in team save percentage this season and there’s an extremely good chance they won’t be as good next year no matter who they brought in

Reactions: johnjm22

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I see the Durzi deal as a positive 😂 Clarke is the perfect player to fill the risky point producing defenseman role moving forward.

All he had to do was sit down for a couple hours and watch one f***ing game of his. Literally any game.
Speaks to the gross incompetence as the org.. Blake is either not the decider or is clueless

Reactions: Telos

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It’s worth noting that the the Kings were 5th in team save percentage this season and there’s an extremely good chance they won’t be as good next year no matter who they brought in
I mean, Talbot was not an all-star Vezina candidate. He was staunchly protected by having decent team defense. Not saying Keumper is going to be good by any means, but it almost doesn't matter. He can be terrible and they will be okay. They can manage the contract and be mediocre, but at least they have the opportunity to develop their prospects and have cap space.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
A few good things will come from this.
1. There will be some spicy leaks about whats going on with the Kings from PLD or others about him.
2. Imagine if PLD turns it on in Washington it will make the Vilardi trade even worse lol. It'd be funny if PLD turns it on for sure.
3. Byfield center LETS GO

Wait! Byfield? Quenton Byfield?

You dumped him over a year ago!

And now you are doing a drive by grazing his chest and rear areas?

Surely you jest?

this is all good but how does blake seriously have a job? I cant imagine any job in the world giving this much leniency to a single asset thats just burning down the organization's money and viability.

How does this guy have a job? absolutely crazy

I think the PLD move came from the reinforced French side of the shop.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Hopefully ownership fires the front office this offseason.

The Caps are my local and 2nd favorite team. Kuemper fell to Cal levels last season. He needs to go to Ontario unless Blake is secretly tanking this season. Glad PLD is gone.
Funny thing I'm reverse of you! Caps are my love(born in DC and lived a long time in MD), and I adopted being a Kings Fan when I moved to LA in 2009.

I see this trade as a win/win for both teams!

ok double down
what's next fam
Fam?

Reactions: Kudelski37

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Maybe not but they do a pretty good job of sheltering their goalies, which is likely to inflate the team save percentage above the true talent level of the goalies.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I got the impression Hiller didn't like PLD.

On Russel's reaction stream, he mentioned one time at practice Hiller confronted PL after he half-assed a drill. PLD just turned his back on him, then Hiller went after him.

If Hiller was in Blake's ear telling him to dump this guy, then he gets my stamp of approval. Coach of the year.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Maybe not but they do a pretty good job of sheltering their goalies, which is likely to inflate the team save percentage above the true talent level of the goalies.
True. But Clarke for Roy and some system changes could affect that.

Also pretty unlikely the PK will be that successful again this year.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I mean, Talbot was not an all-star Vezina candidate. He was staunchly protected by having decent team defense. Not saying Keumper is going to be good by any means, but it almost doesn't matter. He can be terrible and they will be okay. They can manage the contract and be mediocre, but at least they have the opportunity to develop their prospects and have cap space.
Talbot was overplayed and it was evident in the 2nd half of the season. Going forward, you have Kuemper planted in as your #1 to give the team 50 solid starts through out the season and Rittich's buildup off last season to give 30 starts.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
The duality of Blake continues, make a bad trade to get into a mess and make a great trade to get out of it

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I'm still blown away they got out of that contract without retaining any salary. I know Kuemper's contract is bad too but it's not up there among the worst in the league, nowhere close. Not a terrible buyout either, if it comes to that. Such a relief.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Told you guys this trade might happen a long time ago...

1718835365472.gif

You weren’t the only one.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Now if the series goes 7 we can just watch and enjoy , having buying out PLD was always a concern , Blakes' reaction to that question was way too practiced to not have thought of last resorts and keeping his trade value up . As for keeping him he most likely never would have enough offence to justify his contract and from how he played he does not have enough heart to play defence well enough to justify it . Hope some day we find out what happened to initiate the slide in january and if PLD's lack of hustle, his give a crap attitude and as Herby mentioned his spot on imitation of Richards in that last season was part of a bad room , but at least richards burnt himself out with the way he played and can't figure out how that happened to a 25 year old

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Told you guys this trade might happen a long time ago...

Can we get further analysis on where this goes from here?

I know you are a GT and I like your takes,

Thanks.

Ok saw it.

I guess Blake could make a trade for a GT if it ain't working before the deadline.

He needs to leave cap space for deadline moves and try some youngsters early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad